The quandary for libs

A properly run conservative forum with conservative mods. ;)
Note: Conservatives abandoned this due to the need to ban everyone they disagree with.
Contact the admin if you would like to moderate this forum. The admin is more than willing to change images and theme as you see fit.
PeacefulPartier
Red Shirt

Re: The quandary for libs

Unread post by PeacefulPartier » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:30 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:19 am
PeacefulPartier wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:59 am
I remain unable to see how any violation of privacy issue exists with regard to government administered health care; the administrators of that system act no differently than the administrators of private insurance act; both entities look at what was done, if it is covered under the plan, and pay, or not pay the bill. And in both those cases, your medical records may or may not be used to make those decisions. Where is the invasion of privacy?
Ok, then banning abortion is just hunky dory, right?
Also, in both cases above, if a procedure is denied, one is free to spend money to have it performed anyway. One is also free to sue in court or appeal through an appellate process in each case.
Really? Read this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537990/
The concept of a "contract" is also identical in both cases;

Oh, it absolutely is not. I don't know why you refuse to delineate between private entities and the government.
...when I got a Medicare card in the mail shortly before turning 65 it plainly states on the paper the card is attached to that if you don't want Medicare, just return the card to them and by doing so you won't have Medicare.
Completely irrelevant. As I have stated numerous times above, Medicare today is nothing like what is being proposed. Comparing Medicare today to the general goals of the various Medicare for all plans.
If an insurance agent is sitting in a chair at my place and goes through his spiel, he will give me a paper to sign, which means I've entered into a contract with that company. By keeping the Medicare card, I did the same thing. Another example: being a senior citizen, I sometimes get these checks in the mail that say right on them "this is a check" but it's a loan at something like a 92% interest rate. If I were to cash the check, I've entered into a contract (that I should be beaten severely for agreeing to).

Furthermore, when one applies for a job, the employer can get access to your credit history, criminal history, and work history, or at least what you tell them is your work history; they will be able to confirm this information by contacting those former employers to see if you're lying. Although they cannot, as far as I know, get access to your medical records, your credit history will tell them if you have or have not paid medical bills in the past. If you have a large unpaid medical bill, that in itself tells them you had a major medical expense, and when that expense initially was incurred. Why is that (much more of an invasion of privacy in my view) not an issue with you. {sic] Oh, not to mention peeing in a cup. This can not only be used to check for pot or opioids, but should the lab desire, can determine virtually any drug you take, legal or not. Why are you not jumping up and down over that?
You have no obligation to work for a company. You have no obligation to give them your work history or permission to view your credit report. You consent to that. Under any of the Medicare for all plans, you won't have the luxury of choice.
There really is no "privacy" anymore other than what you do in your house when not hooked up to some electronic device or when you're out in the woods. Even what you buy, unless you pay cash, is information that is gathered by entities that figure they can make use of it. This is why I buy things like tampons, pantyhose, and baby food.....not in an effort to protect my privacy but just to skew the system.

I just think peaceful partier is trying to make an issue of something that isn't one. I'm gonna go tomorrow morning and have one of my legs whacked off just above the knee; there's no reason for it, and it won't be covered by any medical insurance, but by god, I sure will keep my privacy. Plus they may give me some good drugs.
Good luck with that!

really, Charlie? sad story, but the kid had zero chance
What was the statement I was rebutting? That the government would never deny care when the patient had the desire and ability to seek alternative care. The case of Charlie Gard is proof that even in first world countries, the government can and will deny care. Would Charlie have lived? Highly doubtful. That isn't relevant. What is relevant is that the government prevented him the opportunity (and thus denied his right) to live. This reinforces the statement that under universal/single-payer health care systems you don't have a right to live. You have the privilege to health care and that privilege is at the whims of the bureaucracy and the voting public.

next you'll be giving us Terri Schiavo

there comes a time when realistic people understand that it's time to stop torturing these people for politics and let them go peacefully

children understand - not so much

Nope. Completely different circumstances that had nothing to do with the government.
Do you know if you have been exposed to the ATCV-1 virus?
I'm betting that you believe with heart and soul that fox is "fair and balanced"
Why? Why can't you just discuss the topic at hand? If you want to fling insults like monkeys flinging feces, don't expect me to fling it back. Stick to the topic or I won't respond.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The quandary for libs

Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 pm

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:19 am
PeacefulPartier wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:59 am
Also, in both cases above, if a procedure is denied, one is free to spend money to have it performed anyway. One is also free to sue in court or appeal through an appellate process in each case.
Really? Read this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537990/
really, Charlie? sad story, but the kid had zero chance

next you'll be giving us Terri Schiavo

there comes a time when realistic people understand that it's time to stop torturing these people for politics and let them go peacefully...

There it is, PP wants the freedom to torture children.

Do you know if you have been exposed to the ATCV-1 virus?

:D Had to look it up.

I'm betting that you believe with heart and soul that fox is "fair and balanced"
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?