The quandary for the trump cult

A conservative forum.
User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4866
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:49 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Here comes some more fascist doctrine disguised as something other than what it is. I hope the rational Republican voters wake up to this.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campai ... 28217.html

Eliminate any possibility of opposition to the great leader. Perfect. And a lot of these idiots will certainly fall in line. Incredible
"This is not being done from a position of weakness," ALWAYS equals this IS being done from a position of weakness.
Yeah, that line in the story stuck out for me; the classic Nazi tactic; deny the obvious and make it sound like something other than what it is.
This is a disgusting twist. Minnesota will have a Repug primary, but:
Minnesota Republican Party leaves Trump challengers off presidential primary ballot

President Donald Trump will be the only choice on the ballot in Minnesota's Republican presidential primary, even though he's not the only candidate.

The state Republican Party has decided voters won't have any alternatives.

Its chairwoman, Jennifer Carnahan, sent a letter to the Minnesota Secretary of State on Oct. 24 outlining the party's "determination of candidates" for the March 3 Republican primary ballot. Trump is the only name listed.

Absent are three other Republicans who, while long shots, are prominent political names running active campaigns: former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford and former U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois.

"The idea that we're taking our cues from North Korea or the Soviet Union in terms of voter access and voter participation just seems weird to me," Sanford said in an interview Thursday. Minnesota voters are the biggest losers in the party decision, he said, adding that he suspects that state party leaders are worried a contested primary would show Trump isn't as popular as he claims.

Lucy Caldwell, Walsh's campaign manager, called it "appalling but unsurprising news, given the hold that Trump's cult of personality has over some of these state party leaders."

The state GOP released a statement from Carnahan, which said: "President Trump is extremely popular in Minnesota and my job as chairwoman is to make sure we deliver our 10 electoral votes to the president on November 3, 2020." ...
The Repugs cancelling primaries in other states are saying, "Fuck you" to the voters. In Minnesota voters get to show up so that the Repugs can say, "Fuck you" to them. I'm sure that PP approves.
Yeah, this is the way guys like Kim and Saddam would win elections with something like 98% of the votes; when you only have one candidate to vote for, the only option you have is to not vote, which Kim, Saddam, and trump find to be ok. And, yes, I'm sure PP would be in favor of this.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Captain
Posts: 6857
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:49 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:35 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Here comes some more fascist doctrine disguised as something other than what it is. I hope the rational Republican voters wake up to this.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campai ... 28217.html

Eliminate any possibility of opposition to the great leader. Perfect. And a lot of these idiots will certainly fall in line. Incredible
"This is not being done from a position of weakness," ALWAYS equals this IS being done from a position of weakness.
Yeah, that line in the story stuck out for me; the classic Nazi tactic; deny the obvious and make it sound like something other than what it is.
This is a disgusting twist. Minnesota will have a Repug primary, but:
Minnesota Republican Party leaves Trump challengers off presidential primary ballot

President Donald Trump will be the only choice on the ballot in Minnesota's Republican presidential primary, even though he's not the only candidate.

The state Republican Party has decided voters won't have any alternatives.

Its chairwoman, Jennifer Carnahan, sent a letter to the Minnesota Secretary of State on Oct. 24 outlining the party's "determination of candidates" for the March 3 Republican primary ballot. Trump is the only name listed.

Absent are three other Republicans who, while long shots, are prominent political names running active campaigns: former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford and former U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois.

"The idea that we're taking our cues from North Korea or the Soviet Union in terms of voter access and voter participation just seems weird to me," Sanford said in an interview Thursday. Minnesota voters are the biggest losers in the party decision, he said, adding that he suspects that state party leaders are worried a contested primary would show Trump isn't as popular as he claims.

Lucy Caldwell, Walsh's campaign manager, called it "appalling but unsurprising news, given the hold that Trump's cult of personality has over some of these state party leaders."

The state GOP released a statement from Carnahan, which said: "President Trump is extremely popular in Minnesota and my job as chairwoman is to make sure we deliver our 10 electoral votes to the president on November 3, 2020." ...
The Repugs cancelling primaries in other states are saying, "Fuck you" to the voters. In Minnesota voters get to show up so that the Repugs can say, "Fuck you" to them. I'm sure that PP approves.
Yeah, this is the way guys like Kim and Saddam would win elections with something like 98% of the votes; when you only have one candidate to vote for, the only option you have is to not vote, which Kim, Saddam, and trump find to be ok. And, yes, I'm sure PP would be in favor of this.

While most people don't harbor a grudge the way I do, others do exist, many within the repug party and those constrained party members will have memories come the General.

I see a national commercial running two weeks before the General reminding voters of how repugs in which states refused "Democracy", but then that would mean the dems would have to use something that could actually work instead of, say, not running any commercials on fox - that showed them, didn't it Hillary.
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 22150
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 am
Yeah, this is the way guys like Kim and Saddam would win elections with something like 98% of the votes; when you only have one candidate to vote for, the only option you have is to not vote, which Kim, Saddam, and trump find to be ok. And, yes, I'm sure PP would be in favor of this.
While most people don't harbor a grudge the way I do, others do exist, many within the repug party and those constrained party members will have memories come the General.

I see a national commercial running two weeks before the General reminding voters of how repugs in which states refused "Democracy", but then that would mean the dems would have to use something that could actually work instead of, say, not running any commercials on fox - that showed them, didn't it Hillary.
Even better - After 45SHOLE resigns a commercial reminding Repugs how their party stole from them the opportunity the option to vote for the eventual nominee and made that nominee's Nov. loss more certain.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4866
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I don't understand why all the other Republicans hate Pence so much; all I can figure is that the cult is like a drug that fogs the mind and fouls the ability to comprehend things as they are. If I was Pence, I'd be sort of pissed, or maybe just penced.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 22150
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm
I don't understand why all the other Republicans hate Pence so much; all I can figure is that the cult is like a drug that fogs the mind and fouls the ability to comprehend things as they are. If I was Pence, I'd be sort of pissed, or maybe just penced.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but what makes you say that "all the other Republicans hate Pence so much"?

I know that in 2016 he was considered a lightweight, not very smart and a failure as IN Gov., but I didn't know that he's hated by their team.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4866
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm
I don't understand why all the other Republicans hate Pence so much; all I can figure is that the cult is like a drug that fogs the mind and fouls the ability to comprehend things as they are. If I was Pence, I'd be sort of pissed, or maybe just penced.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but what makes you say that "all the other Republicans hate Pence so much"?

I know that in 2016 he was considered a lightweight, not very smart and a failure as IN Gov., but I didn't know that he's hated by their team.
Well, they must hate him; they fall over themselves to defend trump, who is obviously and definitively a juvenile moron and pathological liar. Do they not realize that Pence would be president if trump is out? Is Pence not crazy enough? Too crazy in the wrong way? Not crazy enough to depend on being crazy? Too religiously crazy? Hell, they're all way past those considerations as far as I can tell. They must hate him; maybe they've been told to do so in some sort of famous secret hearing. It's a mystery to me.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 22150
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Well, they must hate him; they fall over themselves to defend trump, who is obviously and definitively a juvenile moron and pathological liar. Do they not realize that Pence would be president if trump is out? Is Pence not crazy enough? Too crazy in the wrong way? Not crazy enough to depend on being crazy? Too religiously crazy? Hell, they're all way past those considerations as far as I can tell. They must hate him; maybe they've been told to do so in some sort of famous secret hearing. It's a mystery to me.
IMO their total and unreasonable adoration for 45SHOLE has nothing to do with Pence or even conservatism. It's more like a cult than something that can be explained by any rational calculus.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4866
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:04 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Well, they must hate him; they fall over themselves to defend trump, who is obviously and definitively a juvenile moron and pathological liar. Do they not realize that Pence would be president if trump is out? Is Pence not crazy enough? Too crazy in the wrong way? Not crazy enough to depend on being crazy? Too religiously crazy? Hell, they're all way past those considerations as far as I can tell. They must hate him; maybe they've been told to do so in some sort of famous secret hearing. It's a mystery to me.
IMO their total and unreasonable adoration for 45SHOLE has nothing to do with Pence or even conservatism. It's more like a cult than something that can be explained by any rational calculus.
Yeah, Pence is just an accidental victim of the cult; it's strong. Like I mentioned, the cult is like a drug. Pence is just an ancillary non entity. He's just there but just in an ephemeral sort of way. Probably the way he'd like it. Fucking hypocrite. I still say he's not crazy enough is why they hate him or just ignore him, which is easy to do. I feel sure if Pence came out and started tweeting about grabbing women by the pussy instead of this lame not being around women alone shit, he'd have more gravitas with the cult and the fearless leader. If Pence ever recuses himself from anything, he's fucking out. I will root for him to cast the deciding vote in the impeachment of trump. I don't even know if Pence can vote on impeachment and i bet he doesn't know either. That's why he's ephemeral. He's an enigma, and an enema.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 22150
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:41 pm
Yeah, Pence is just an accidental victim of the cult; it's strong. Like I mentioned, the cult is like a drug. Pence is just an ancillary non entity. He's just there but just in an ephemeral sort of way. Probably the way he'd like it. Fucking hypocrite. I still say he's not crazy enough is why they hate him or just ignore him, which is easy to do. I feel sure if Pence came out and started tweeting about grabbing women by the pussy instead of this lame not being around women alone shit, he'd have more gravitas with the cult and the fearless leader. If Pence ever recuses himself from anything, he's fucking out. I will root for him to cast the deciding vote in the impeachment of trump. I don't even know if Pence can vote on impeachment and i bet he doesn't know either. That's why he's ephemeral. He's an enigma, and an enema.
Not sure but I think the VP can only break ties. If so, the Senate would have to reach 67 without him - every Dem plus 20 Repugs.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 22150
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by Vrede too »

Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Winter Vacation Pushes Taxpayer Golf Tab Above $118 million

President Donald Trump has pushed his taxpayer-funded golf tab past $118 million on his 26th visit to Mar-a-Lago, his for-profit resort in Palm Beach, Florida, with a Saturday visit to his course in neighboring West Palm Beach.

The new total is the equivalent of 296 years of the $400,000 presidential salary that his supporters often boast that he is not taking.

And of that $118.3 million, at least several million has gone into Trump’s own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount going into Trump’s pocket cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and the administration will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred....

At this exact point in former President Barack Obama’s first term, he had spent 88 days on a golf course. Saturday was Trump’s 227th day as president on a course that he owns. If Trump continues golfing at the pace he has set in his first three years, he will surpass in just one term the total number of days Obama spent golfing over two full terms — despite having repeatedly criticized Obama for playing too much golf and having promised, as a candidate, that he would be too busy to play any golf at all.

Just three years into his presidency, Trump’s travel and security expenses for his golf hobby exceed an estimate of eight years worth of expenses incurred by Obama’s family travel by millions of dollars....
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:35 am
Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Winter Vacation Pushes Taxpayer Golf Tab Above $118 million

President Donald Trump has pushed his taxpayer-funded golf tab past $118 million on his 26th visit to Mar-a-Lago, his for-profit resort in Palm Beach, Florida, with a Saturday visit to his course in neighboring West Palm Beach.

The new total is the equivalent of 296 years of the $400,000 presidential salary that his supporters often boast that he is not taking.

And of that $118.3 million, at least several million has gone into Trump’s own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount going into Trump’s pocket cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and the administration will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred....

At this exact point in former President Barack Obama’s first term, he had spent 88 days on a golf course. Saturday was Trump’s 227th day as president on a course that he owns. If Trump continues golfing at the pace he has set in his first three years, he will surpass in just one term the total number of days Obama spent golfing over two full terms — despite having repeatedly criticized Obama for playing too much golf and having promised, as a candidate, that he would be too busy to play any golf at all.

Just three years into his presidency, Trump’s travel and security expenses for his golf hobby exceed an estimate of eight years worth of expenses incurred by Obama’s family travel by millions of dollars....
But he doesn't take a salary!!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4796
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by bannination »

It's weird, suddenly conservatives don't care about how much golf nor how large the deficit is getting.

-0-?

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: The quandary for the trump cult

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:17 pm
It's weird, suddenly conservatives don't care about how much golf nor how large the deficit is getting.

-0-?
Yeah, you'd think that they had principles or something.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Post Reply