Strange Defeat

A conservative forum.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Strange Defeat

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Just yesterday trump was squawking about how we have "been taken to the cleaners" for decades by other nations; he was referring to how global supply chains have resulted in shortages of goods needed here and that those goods should be manufactured here.....specifically drugs. I thought to myself "well, hell, it's our own fault that this is the case." For fifty years, corporate America and politicians beholden to them have sold out the American worker and American manufacturing ability to other nations, sacrificing those abilities and capacities on the altar of cheap labor (corporate profit). Side effects of this include the near total destruction of the American middle class, as well as labor unions. When I was a kid, me and the vast majority of my friends dads worked at the same company their entire career. This is a rare thing now. In any case, the situation noted above has been going on for so long now that it will be impossible to reverse it. The only chance to alleviate it is to develop new industries in areas like alternative energy and other non traditional things. But I have no doubt that should this begin to happen, the bean counters that run companies will sell us out again in favor of the short term quarterly earnings statement. They are looking the wrong way and have been for decades. It makes me somewhat grateful that I am in the twilight of my own life. I fear for the future for American children.
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I've been trying to convince my son to move to another country for years.

The puppet masters in the 80s set this all in motion. They play a long game to end all New Deal type Rights of the People, while the dems are all about short term fixes - 1 step forward and 2 back. Trump wasn't their choice but he has worked well with mitch and the "rightful" transfer of wealth back to the "rightful" owners is almost complete. Fuck the worthless peons.
1/20/21 - the end of an error
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:05 am I've been trying to convince my son to move to another country for years.

The puppet masters in the 80s set this all in motion. They play a long game to end all New Deal type Rights of the People, while the dems are all about short term fixes - 1 step forward and 2 back. Trump wasn't their choice but he has worked well with mitch and the "rightful" transfer of wealth back to the "rightful" owners is almost complete. Fuck the worthless peons.
It all goes back to when Nixon "opened up China." They all thought it was fucking great. What was great about it was windfall profits for corporate titans via cheap labor. The irony of it is that the gains in those companies stock prices and corporate profits are dwarfed by the amount of money that flows out of the country to purchase those goods that are made with that cheap labor. I would guess it's about a one to one thousand ratio at present and will only increase as time goes on. They either did not care or were too stupid to realize what it would do to the American worker, middle class, labor unions, or even how strategically ignorant it was to put the nation at the mercy of a foreign country to provide us with things we used to make here. You can't eat, wear, watch, or store your food in tanks and planes. I have a very dim hope that this virus outbreak will open some eyes as to the wisdom of being a nation of consumers reliant on others for virtually everything we need or want. But I suspect the short term quarterly bottom line fools will succeed in contributing to our own demise.
fdfdfwei68

Unread post by fdfdfwei68 »

I said I didn't understand
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

fdfdfwei68 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:37 am I said I didn't understand
And you never will