Is Trump a liar?

A place to find quick links to facts that support reality. Good for ending debates quickly, especially repeated debates.

Not intended as a place for discussion.
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false and misleading claims made by President Trump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... -database/

In a 30-minute interview, President Trump made 24 false or misleading claims
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... ng-claims/

Donald Trump's file
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

The Whoppers of 2017
President Trump monopolizes our list of the year’s worst falsehoods and bogus claims.
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/12/the-whoppers-of-2017/

Trump’s lies
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... -lies.html

Trumpettes are SOOOO gullible.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Ulysses
Commander
Posts: 3024
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: I Get Around

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 pm
The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false and misleading claims made by President Trump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... -database/

In a 30-minute interview, President Trump made 24 false or misleading claims
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... ng-claims/

Donald Trump's file
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

The Whoppers of 2017
President Trump monopolizes our list of the year’s worst falsehoods and bogus claims.
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/12/the-whoppers-of-2017/

Trump’s lies
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... -lies.html

Trumpettes are SOOOO gullible.
Great list.

The rub is that since none of the sources are right wing sites like Breitbart, Newsmax, Washington Examiner, Trumpers will dismiss these facts as fake news and spread that lie to others.
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:45 pm
Great list.

The rub is that since none of the sources are right wing sites like Breitbart, Newsmax, Washington Examiner, Trumpers will dismiss these facts as fake news and spread that lie to others.
Thanks.

Pulitzer Prize winning PolitiFact is more difficult for them to dismiss than the others, especially since it also has files on Dem pols. Then, one can point out that each Dolt .45 lie is documented, sourced and independently verifiable, but you are correct nonetheless.

However, rightwing sources don't make the difference, either. We've seen in recent weeks that Faux Noise, Repug pols, current WH staffers, a VP Q-tip aide, war heroes and even major donor Amb. Sondland all get viciously attacked if they don't show blind loyalty to 45SHOLE and choose to tell the truth, instead.

Look at our own 1 FAT CAN, supposedly an LEO, supposedly dedicated to public service, honor and integrity, and supposedly committed to crime fighting. Even with the protection of anonymity, he doesn't have the balls to reject proven campaign felon and traitor POSPOTUS. Their ovine adoration is total and unshakeable.

So, we'll have to accept that all of these entries into Just the Facts & Not the Alternative Facts can only benefit people that actually care about facts, not pitiful Trumpettes.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Ulysses
Commander
Posts: 3024
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: I Get Around

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Ulysses »

Is Trump a liar?

Is the Pope Catholic?
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
Ulysses
Commander
Posts: 3024
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: I Get Around

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:25 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:52 am
Is Trump a liar?

Is the Pope Catholic?
The tally has been updated:

In 1,055 days, President Trump has made 15,413 false or misleading claims
The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false or misleading claims made by President Trump since assuming office.


Updated Dec. 10, 2019
So Trump has told an average of 14.6 lies per day?

Impressive!
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:42 pm
So Trump has told an average of 14.6 lies per day?

Impressive!
Seems almost impossible, doesn't it? It's more believable when one remembers that he incessantly repeats many lies, can throw a several score Twitter tantrum in one day, or tell a couple of hundred lies at one rally.


A month-by-month look at Donald Trump's top lies of 2019




ANNOUNCING: PolitiFact's 2019 Lie of the Year
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Commander
Posts: 3321
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:42 pm
So Trump has told an average of 14.6 lies per day?

Impressive!
Seems almost impossible, doesn't it? It's more believable when one remembers that he incessantly repeats many lies, can throw a several score Twitter tantrum in one day, or tell a couple of hundred lies at one rally.


A month-by-month look at Donald Trump's top lies of 2019




ANNOUNCING: PolitiFact's 2019 Lie of the Year
As incredible is that is, it's the number of times he's flip flopped on just about everything that amazes me. And once again, his supporters don't care.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think my favorite lie, which he's abandoned lately but was taken out and flogged often during the last year or so is the one about how "billions of dollars are flowing into the US Treasury" from China as a result of the tariffs trump imposed on them. He's said this one dozens of times and it's plainly and demonstrably wrong, but the cult swallows it without a thought.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8657
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 am
I think my favorite lie, which he's abandoned lately but was taken out and flogged often during the last year or so is the one about how "billions of dollars are flowing into the US Treasury" from China as a result of the tariffs trump imposed on them. He's said this one dozens of times and it's plainly and demonstrably wrong, but the cult swallows it without a thought.
I miss the one about people being killed when duffle bags of drugs are thrown over the border wall.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:14 am
I miss the one about people being killed when duffle bags of drugs are thrown over the border wall.
:lol:

"... As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them -- they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As cray as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs."
-- 07/12/2017
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/13/trump-e ... -wall.html
Trump takes credit for McCain-Sanders veterans bill signed by Obama: “One of my greatest honors”
Trump falsely claims leaders "tried for decades" to pass the bill but "failed." Obama signed it into law in 2014


President Donald Trump falsely claimed that one of his "greatest honors" was helping pass a veterans health bill, which was actually authored by the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and signed into law by former President Barack Obama.

"One of my greatest honors was to have gotten CHOICE approved for our great Veterans," Trump incorrectly claimed in New Year's Eve tweet. "Others have tried for decades, and failed!"

It is a lie which has been repeated in the past by Trump.

"We just passed Choice," Trump falsely claimed in 2018. "That was 44 years, they've been trying to pass Choice… They've been trying to pass that one for many, many decades. They couldn't do it. We got it passed. We're good at passing things, right?"

Trump even used the lie to attack McCain months before his death.

"I disagree with John McCain on the way he handled the vets, because I said you got to get Choice. He was never able to get Choice. I got Choice," Trump falsely claimed to reporters in May of last year.

This would certainly come as a surprise to McCain's family given that he and Sanders wrote the bill, which was signed by Obama in August of 2014.

This lie has been repeated by Robert Wilkie, the secretary of Veterans Affairs, who touted Obama-era numbers on improved wait times while blasting previous "bad leadership" and seemingly taking credit for the trend, The Associated Press reported last year....

The bill is just one of many examples in which Trump has attempted to revise history to claim credit for things that happened before he even took office. He has frequently claimed credit for economic gains under Obama and touted Obama-era manufacturing gains as his own.

CNN counted more than 2,700 false claims made by Trump in 2019, many of which were "whoppers: deliberate, significant attempts to deceive and manipulate."

"Trump was inaccurate this year about every conceivable topic," wrote CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale, listing Trump's lies about his Ukraine pressure effort, the size of his rally crowds, and "literally, the time of day."

Among Trump's biggest and most-repeated lies last year were his frequent claim that there were a "million fraudulent votes" in California in the 2016 election, his claim that windmills cause cancer, his false smears of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., and, of course, his attempt to use a Sharpie to extend the forecast map of Hurricane Dorian to prove he was right about Alabama being at risk of getting hit by the storm.

Dale pointed out on Twitter that Trump told his lie about the Veteran's Choice bill at least 56 times last year and at least 109 times since taking office.

"I think he's given us reason to doubt literally everything he's saying," Dale wrote in November. "I think what one of the things that distinguishes Trump as a liar is that he lies about even the most trivial stuff, even the most obvious stuff. So it's not just the typical political lying to defend oneself against a scandal went back into a corner. He is proactively lying about tiny stuff all the time."

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Marsha Blackburn likely believes this. She's fucking crazy; I myself told her so earlier today regarding another matter. I hope she gets swallowed by a fucking whale.

User avatar
Ulysses
Commander
Posts: 3024
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:57 pm
Location: I Get Around

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Ulysses »

Is the Pope Catholic?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
I think so. Anyway, if you decide you want a house mate who won't steal the fucking towel racks, let me know. I can't take this Tennessee waltz much longer because I don't dance.

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8657
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
I think so. Anyway, if you decide you want a house mate who won't steal the fucking towel racks, let me know. I can't take this Tennessee waltz much longer because I don't dance.
I was confused after reading that your senator lamar was going to put his country above trump.
He has never done anything in his life that wasn't 100% repug. So why do people write articles expecting him or Collins or whatever repug liar to be different this time?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
Not according to con Catholics.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
I think so. Anyway, if you decide you want a house mate who won't steal the fucking towel racks, let me know. I can't take this Tennessee waltz much longer because I don't dance.
I was confused after reading that your senator lamar was going to put his country above trump.
He has never done anything in his life that wasn't 100% repug. So why do people write articles expecting him or Collins or whatever repug liar to be different this time?
Well, before the Senate vote there was speculation that he and Collins and Murkowski and one or two more of them would vote to allow witness testimony. Marsha Blackburn is a lost cause and is a blatant trump whore, which I pointed out to her in an email yesterday evening after she prevented two election security bills from advancing in the Senate. Still haven't heard back from her on that even though I said "I expect an answer" in my note. That may have been the only sentence that wasn't ripe with choice profanity in the whole message and it was about two hundred words.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 25705
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Well, before the Senate vote there was speculation that he and Collins and Murkowski and one or two more of them would vote to allow witness testimony. Marsha Blackburn is a lost cause and is a blatant trump whore, which I pointed out to her in an email yesterday evening after she prevented two election security bills from advancing in the Senate. Still haven't heard back from her on that even though I said "I expect an answer" in my note. That may have been the only sentence that wasn't ripe with choice profanity in the whole message and it was about two hundred words.
There's your problem. You'll never get a reply unless you 'fucking expect a fucking answer'.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Well, before the Senate vote there was speculation that he and Collins and Murkowski and one or two more of them would vote to allow witness testimony. Marsha Blackburn is a lost cause and is a blatant trump whore, which I pointed out to her in an email yesterday evening after she prevented two election security bills from advancing in the Senate. Still haven't heard back from her on that even though I said "I expect an answer" in my note. That may have been the only sentence that wasn't ripe with choice profanity in the whole message and it was about two hundred words.
There's your problem. You'll never get a reply unless you 'fucking expect a fucking answer'.
Well, I sort of thought I had that pretty fucking well covered in the message proper. But perhaps I will hear back from her shortly. :)

User avatar
billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral
Posts: 8657
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Is Trump a liar?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:29 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:49 pm
Is the Pope Catholic?
I think so. Anyway, if you decide you want a house mate who won't steal the fucking towel racks, let me know. I can't take this Tennessee waltz much longer because I don't dance.
I was confused after reading that your senator lamar was going to put his country above trump.
He has never done anything in his life that wasn't 100% repug. So why do people write articles expecting him or Collins or whatever repug liar to be different this time?
Well, before the Senate vote there was speculation that he and Collins and Murkowski and one or two more of them would vote to allow witness testimony. Marsha Blackburn is a lost cause and is a blatant trump whore, which I pointed out to her in an email yesterday evening after she prevented two election security bills from advancing in the Senate. Still haven't heard back from her on that even though I said "I expect an answer" in my note. That may have been the only sentence that wasn't ripe with choice profanity in the whole message and it was about two hundred words.

I'm not so sure that ol lamar ain't worse than blackburn. At least she's easy to identify as a trump whore or a corporate whore or whatever, not so with pretty boy lamar. He just slips along with media praise for his reasonableness without ever having done anything reasonable in his sorry plaid shirt life.

Post Reply