2020 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 am

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:33 pm
I know; it's a disgrace; the longstanding tradition of separation of mud wrestling and the state has been eroded, violated, and ignored at every turn. If mud wrestlers were the majority things would be a lot different, by god.
It's not very well known that all of our founding fathers, and some of the founding mothers, were mud wrestlers . . . except for prissy John Hancock, hence the overcompensating signature. It's the result of an unfortunate spill of John Hancock's smuggled tea that we think of them as 'diest' when it was really 'muddiest' all along.
Wow, I did not know this. Thanks for pointing it out. Another thing a lot of folks don't realize or just ignore is that "In Mud We Trust" nearly became the slogan on coins instead of the generic slogan we actually have. Mud and country is the way to go.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 am
Wow, I did not know this. Thanks for pointing it out. Another thing a lot of folks don't realize or just ignore is that "In Mud We Trust" nearly became the slogan on coins instead of the generic slogan we actually have. Mud and country is the way to go.
:lol: Mud, guts and glory!

It's thought that the phrase 'baaaad mudder' originated in the modern Black community, but it really dates back to Betsy Ross, Molly Pitcher, Deborah Samson and our other founding mudders, including Black Women in the American Revolutionary War like Mammy Kate.

Revolutionary War Women
10 Amazing Women of the Revolutionary War
Search: woman revolutionary war fighter
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 am
It's thought that the phrase 'baaaad mudder' originated on the modern Black community, but it really dates back to Betsy Ross, Molly Pitcher, Deborah Samson and our other founding mudders, including Black Women in the American Revolutionary War like Mammy Kate.

Revolutionary War Women
10 Amazing Women of the Revolutionary War
Search: woman revolutionary war fighter
Amazing. Mud is a true American legacy. It's quite possible that the pledge of allegiance originally referred to mud; you know, "...one nation, under mud, with muddled liberty and justice for all." Also, this could be the case with oaths of office; "I swear to uphold........so help me mud" and even the oath at judicial testimony; "Do you swear to tell the truth.......so help you mud." It's mostly random chance that things turned out the way they did. Mud bless us every one. :sunny:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am
Amazing. Mud is a true American legacy. It's quite possible that the pledge of allegiance originally referred to mud; you know, "...one nation, under mud, with muddled liberty and justice for all." Also, this could be the case with oaths of office; "I swear to uphold........so help me mud" and even the oath at judicial testimony; "Do you swear to tell the truth.......so help you mud." It's mostly random chance that things turned out the way they did. Mud bless us every one. :sunny:
It's not like the divinity of mud was ever a secret, it's just been repressed by Christians, infidels, atheists and other blasphemers.

'Mud' in the Bible

Isa 32:20
Happy and fortunate are you who cast your seed upon all waters [when the river overflows its banks; for the seed will sink into the mud and when the waters subside, the plant will spring up; you will find it after many days and reap an abundant harvest], you who safely send forth the ox and the donkey [to range freely].

I have cast my seed widely upon all waters, but nothing sprang up. I sent forth my ox and donkey to range freely, but they never came back.

Nah 3:14
Draw yourselves water for a siege! Strengthen your fortifications! Trample the mud and tread the clay! Make mud bricks to strengthen your walls!
As often quoted by Ulysses S. Grant.

John 9:11
He answered, "The man called Jesus made mud, spread it on my eyes, and told me, 'Go to Siloam and wash.' So when I went and washed I received my sight."

"And lo, Siloam's vision was not muddied from being muddied," is one of those deep verses that scholars have pondered for centuries.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Whack9
Major

Unread post by Whack9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Oh man an openly gay president. conservative Evangelical America will use it as proof that America has been uprooted from its moral roots and strayed from the path of Jesus and his faithful disciple Donald J. Trump.

Whack9
Major

Unread post by Whack9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Sales of lifted pickup trucks and truck balls and tacticool gear and offensive politically incorrect bumper stickers will reach levels never before thought possible as insecure middle aged men attempt to buffer themselves from the perceived attack on masculinity that having a gay president entails.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:20 pm

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:09 pm
Sales of lifted pickup trucks and truck balls and tacticool gear and offensive politically incorrect bumper stickers will reach levels never before thought possible as insecure middle aged men attempt to buffer themselves from the perceived attack on masculinity that having a gay president entails.
They’re already trying to wrap their heads around the idea that Pete Buttigieg fought in Afghanistan and they didn’t.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2078&p=94134&hilit=Buttigieg#p94134
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Whack9 wrote:

Not to mention adolescent southern males.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:08 pm

I don't know if I'll support "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg or if he has a snowball's chance in hell, but if any gay can do it he has the resume.

If he picks up momentum it will make me sad when Dems start screeching that he "can't win" like they did with Bernie!
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Whack9
Major

Unread post by Whack9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:17 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 pm
Whack9 wrote:

Also selfies posing with the ol' AR on the Facebook to show how bad ass you are.

GoCubsGo
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:17 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 pm
Whack9 wrote:

Also selfies posing with the ol' AR on the Facebook to show how bad ass you are.
Yepper!! The south's gonna doit again!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:40 pm

You don't see many wood burning trucks anymore; deputy sheriffs just overweight enough to be on the force. they're all over the place.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:08 pm
I don't know if I'll support "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg or if he has a snowball's chance in hell, but if any gay can do it he has the resume.

If he picks up momentum it will make me sad when Dems start screeching that he "can't win" like they did with Bernie!
Colbert tonight about 0100 ET after game > news > monologue.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Bernie Sanders takes the early fundraising lead for 2020

Bernie Sanders’s supporters are still feeling the Bern, Kamala Harris is proving that she’s a contender and Pete Buttigieg has beaten expectations.

Hoping to solidify their positions as top-tier candidates in the eyes of voters, the Democratic presidential hopefuls began releasing first quarter fundraising totals this week, ahead of an April 15 deadline set by the Federal Election Commission.

The early numbers show Sanders took in $18.2 million in donations in the first three months of the year, including $5.9 million in the first day after his announcement. Harris raised $12 million for the quarter, and Buttigieg, the Democratic mayor of South Bend, Ind., boasted just over $7 million in donations for his presidential bid.

The 12 other Democrats who have announced their candidacies have yet to release first quarter totals, but in the 24-hour period following their entry into the race, former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke bested Sanders with an impressive $6.1 million haul. Sen. Amy Klobuchar and former Gov. John Hickenlooper both said their campaigns took in one-day donations of $1 million....
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Whether understandable and harmless "handsy" from a different era or unacceptable sexual assault, it's sad to see Biden go own this way even though I was never going to support him in the primaries. I get zero joy from the progressives' gain.

Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan runs for president after GM shuts Lordstown plant. 'I'm going to do something.'

I know nothing about him, though a 'favorite son' would help in swing Ohio in 11/2020. He might even be angling for a VP slot because of that.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Former Auburn coach to run for Senate in Alabama

Former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville is reportedly planning a Senate run in Alabama.

Tuberville said Saturday on Twitter that he will challenge Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.), who took office last year after defeating former Alabama chief justice Roy Moore.

Jones won after Moore was accused of sexually assaulting several women, according to sources close to the coach....

The former staple of Auburn's football program, who led the team to win the SEC in 2004, is reportedly working with Sean Spicer, President Trump's former White House press secretary, on his upcoming Senate bid according to CBS.

The seat will be up for election in 2020 as Jones won a special election for the seat in 2017 by less than a percentage point.
BS in PE, zero political experience. We'll certainly hear more about this:
Until proven otherwise or a better target becomes available, I plan on blaming billy.pilgrim.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

billy.pilgrim
Captain

Unread post by billy.pilgrim » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm
Former Auburn coach to run for Senate in Alabama

Former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville is reportedly planning a Senate run in Alabama.

Tuberville said Saturday on Twitter that he will challenge Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.), who took office last year after defeating former Alabama chief justice Roy Moore.

Jones won after Moore was accused of sexually assaulting several women, according to sources close to the coach....

The former staple of Auburn's football program, who led the team to win the SEC in 2004, is reportedly working with Sean Spicer, President Trump's former White House press secretary, on his upcoming Senate bid according to CBS.

The seat will be up for election in 2020 as Jones won a special election for the seat in 2017 by less than a percentage point.
BS in PE, zero political experience. We'll certainly hear more about this:
Until proven otherwise or a better target becomes available, I plan on blaming billy.pilgrim.

He was a great coach,
Auburn should not have fired him
He has really big ears

That's all I know
George Carlin said “The owners know the truth. It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 am

Longshot 2020 presidential candidate has a radical plan to solve the student loan crisis

The $1.5 trillion student loan debt crisis has been building over decades, and one presidential hopeful has a simple and radical solution: to cancel all student debt.

“Americans are not going to have the same opportunity to achieve the American dream,” Wayne Messam, mayor of Florida’s Miramar City (population:140,000) and a longshot 2020 candidate, told Yahoo Finance. He noted that in addition to rising healthcare costs, “this crippling student loan debt that 44 million Americans are dealing with [is] slowing down our economy.”

Messam’s plan would involve all loans that are either U.S. Treasury-backed or private and taken out for higher education at any point of time would be forgiven, giving borrowers a clean slate....
That is pretty radical.
Messam announced his candidacy on March 28, joining Pete Buttigieg as the second mayor in the 2020 race.
First that I'm hearing of it.
The former Florida State University football player ...
Ewwww! :D
“The $1.5 trillion will be paid for by the repealing of the Trump tax cuts that were given to corporations and the richest of Americans,” Messam said. President Donald Trump passed the cuts in 2017, hoping to pump fresh money into the economy. Corporations were the biggest beneficiaries.

“That was estimated to be about $2 trillion worth of tax cuts,” Messam continued. “That’s the first part of the answer of where that money will come from.” ...
Cool.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Whack9 wrote:
What will they do if it's ever 2 gays with the nomination - Mayor Pete and VP Q-tip?
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:08 pm

IN launch today - 10k inside, overflow outside that he spoke to first, which is a nice touch.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 am

Beto O'Rourke Calls Trump A Racist Islamophobe In Defense Of Ilhan Omar

No idea if he's as progressive as some, but I am enjoying his rhetoric.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?