President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:53 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Thanks. I used to watch Max back when he first came out. He's generally gleefully disrespectful and one of a kind.
Is 'max head room' a description of your Admiral of the Fleet's toilet?
Nah, supposedly the last thing he saw before going into a coma was an overhead sign that said "Max Headroom 2.3m" As for an Admiral's toilet, it has a seat that's about five feet high and this is so that when taking an Admiral shit, no water will be able to splash up onto your Admiral ass; it has a little Admiral springboard in front of it with four stars on it. It works pretty good but getting off is when I call my steward for an assist.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Thanks. I used to watch Max back when he first came out. He's generally gleefully disrespectful and one of a kind.
At least the biggest head room on the ship.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
The biggest head on the ship is sometimes referred to as the "bulk head."

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Tell me there's a wall in that story somewhere!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 am

Our private school principal got upset when we started calling the janitor 'headmaster'.
It really is time to stop being nice about stupidity.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Tell me there's a wall in that story somewhere!
In the Navy I was in, walls are called bulkheads, floors are called decks, ceilings are overheads, toilets are heads, ropes are called lines, the flag at the front of the boat is called an ensign, a sailor with outstanding performance marks is a 4.0 squid, a Marine is a jarhead.....it's like a different world.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:57 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am
In the Navy I was in, walls are called bulkheads, floors are called decks, ceilings are overheads, toilets are heads, ropes are called lines, the flag at the front of the boat is called an ensign, a sailor with outstanding performance marks is a 4.0 squid, a Marine is a jarhead.....it's like a different world.
And you dare not leave your rack unmade.
I remember someone telling me once of a newbie j.g. being assigned to submarine duty. The captain asked him to show him where the switch for the sub's headlights were....use your imagination. :doh:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:57 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am
I remember someone telling me once of a newbie j.g. being assigned to submarine duty. The captain asked him to show him where the switch for the sub's headlights were....use your imagination. :doh:
Well, I hate to tell you this, but whoever told you that story was bullshitting you; submarine duty is voluntary and you have to undergo about six months of extra training to even be considered qualified to serve on one. I can assure you they don't cover the subject of headlights in any way. And unmade racks are only an issue in boot camp. All the ships I was on had three levels of them; one just a few inches off the deck, the next one about 40 inches above it, and the third the same distance above the second. The lower racks had to be tilted up when not in use to facilitate keeping the area clean under the lower rack.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:58 pm

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:41 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:57 pm
Well, I hate to tell you this, but whoever told you that story was bullshitting you; submarine duty is voluntary and you have to undergo about six months of extra training to even be considered qualified to serve on one. I can assure you they don't cover the subject of headlights in any way. And unmade racks are only an issue in boot camp. All the ships I was on had three levels of them; one just a few inches off the deck, the next one about 40 inches above it, and the third the same distance above the second. The lower racks had to be tilted up when not in use to facilitate keeping the area clean under the lower rack.
"I can assure you they don't cover the subject of headlights in any way." --- Ya think? :lol:
Well, I did say use your imagination, somebody beat ME to it. Anyway, it made for a good laugh.