Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19599
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:42 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am
Oh good, shortcuts and expedience are two necessary things for space travel.
#maga
They're necessary things for 45SHOLE's ego.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11124
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Unread post by O Really » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

Reminds me of a contractor who said, "of quality, price, and fast schedule, you can have any two, but you can't have all three. I sure wouldn't want to get on a space ship built cheap on the fast track.
Last edited by O Really on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 19599
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonvile, NC

Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Unread post by Vrede too » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3888
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Unread post by neoplacebo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm

The acolytes will consider this "draining the swamp" and actually believe it.

User avatar
1 CAT FAN
Marshal
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:41 am

Who was the real target here?
It definitely wasn't Jeffrey Epstein or Alexander Acosta.
    Image
    "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

    User avatar
    Vrede too
    Superstar Cultmaster
    Posts: 19599
    Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
    Location: Hendersonvile, NC

    Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

    Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

    neoplacebo wrote:
    Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm
    The acolytes will consider this "draining the swamp" and actually believe it.
    45SHOLE makes it a habit to create problems where none existed and then claim credit for "fixing" them.
    Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

    User avatar
    1 CAT FAN
    Marshal
    Posts: 861
    Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:07 pm

    Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

    Unread post by 1 CAT FAN » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:47 pm

    Desperation...
      Image
      "Only God can do this and I give him all the glory. I know where my strength comes from and I know it's simply by his grace that I've been able to walk this walk and walk this journey." - Dabo Swinney

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm

      O Really wrote:
      Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am
      Reminds me of a contractor who said, "of quality, price, and fast schedule, you can have any two, but you can't have all three. I sure wouldn't want to get on a space ship built cheap on the fast track.
      With 45SHOLE we routinely get none of the above.
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      User avatar
      O Really
      Captain
      Posts: 11124
      Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by O Really » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm

      Vrede too wrote:
      Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm
      O Really wrote:
      Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am
      Reminds me of a contractor who said, "of quality, price, and fast schedule, you can have any two, but you can't have all three. I sure wouldn't want to get on a space ship built cheap on the fast track.
      With 45SHOLE we routinely get none of the above.
      Oh, I don't know. Seems the price for Trump's ummm, "work" is pretty high. But certainly not a fair price.

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:48 pm

      O Really wrote:
      Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm
      Vrede too wrote:
      Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm
      O Really wrote:
      Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am
      Reminds me of a contractor who said, "of quality, price, and fast schedule, you can have any two, but you can't have all three. I sure wouldn't want to get on a space ship built cheap on the fast track.
      With 45SHOLE we routinely get none of the above.
      Oh, I don't know. Seems the price for Trump's ummm, "work" is pretty high. But certainly not a fair price.
      That's the metaphor, we want decent quality for a decent price in a decent time period. Instead, we're getting poor quality at a glacial pace for a "pretty high", unfair price.
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      User avatar
      O Really
      Captain
      Posts: 11124
      Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by O Really » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:52 pm

      Yes, but the "glacial pace" is actually a benefit in this instance. Think how much havoc he could wreak if he were smart, an effective manager, and efficient and still as evil as he is. Hell, he'd have landfills full of Mexicans by now.

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:57 pm

      O Really wrote:
      Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:52 pm
      Yes, but the "glacial pace" is actually a benefit in this instance. Think how much havoc he could wreak if he were smart, an effective manager, and efficient and still as evil as he is. Hell, he'd have landfills full of Mexicans by now.
      That's just fortuitous for us, he's still a hat trick of "contractor" failure.
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      User avatar
      neoplacebo
      Admiral of the Fleet
      Posts: 3888
      Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
      Location: Kingsport TN

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 pm

      From the rumblings and a couple of articles I've seen the past couple of days, it looks like Wilbur Ross is also on the way out. Pretty soon it will just be trump and Stephen Miller and Kellyanne, a trilogy of buffoonery.

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:31 pm

      Just heard about this from last week:
      'Acosta Enables Sex Trafficking' projected onto the Labor Department building

      ... Progressive advocacy groups, including Credo Action, MoveOn, UltraViolet and the American Federation of Teachers, projected the words “Acosta Enabled Sex Trafficking” and “Acosta Must Go” on the building....
      Image
      “A labor secretary is supposed to protect everyday people — Alex Acosta proposed an 80% cut to his department’s bureau that combats human trafficking, and gave a sweetheart deal to a known predator,” she (American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten) added....
      :---P
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:04 pm

      Dan Coats, Trump's top intel official, to depart White House

      ... Coats is expected to be replaced by Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe....
      Image

      Comments:
      Out of all these people that have left the White House how can Trump supporters think that Trump Isn't the problem?
      Great. Another acting director working for our acting president.
      Over 70 people have left the trump administration, but trump isn't the problem according to his supporters. They don't care that he has cost us over $655.8 Million just on golf trips in 30 months, or that he has taken 471 vacation days.
      The trump White House and intel should always be considered mutually exclusive
      You would have to be a Kool-Aid addict at this point not to realize the seriousness of the CHAOS that characterizes this Administration and WH. No responsible thinking adult could call it a success!
      John Ratcliffe

      … In Heritage Action's final scorecard for the 114th Congress, Ratcliffe was ranked as the most conservative Texas legislator in Congress and second most conservative legislator in the country….

      Ratcliffe criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller for covering obstruction of justice in his report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. Ratcliffe claimed that Mueller went beyond the rules for special counsels by covering instances of potential obstruction when the report did not charge any crimes. PolitiFact rated Ratcliffe's claim false, noting that special prosecutors are required by federal regulations to explain decisions not to prosecute….
      :roll:
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      GoCubsGo
      Sub-Lieutenant
      Posts: 1854
      Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by GoCubsGo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:30 pm

      Vrede too wrote:
      Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:04 pm
      Dan Coats, Trump's top intel official, to depart White House

      ... Coats is expected to be replaced by Texas Republican Rep. John Ratcliffe....
      Image

      Comments:
      Out of all these people that have left the White House how can Trump supporters think that Trump Isn't the problem?
      Great. Another acting director working for our acting president.
      Over 70 people have left the trump administration, but trump isn't the problem according to his supporters. They don't care that he has cost us over $655.8 Million just on golf trips in 30 months, or that he has taken 471 vacation days.
      The trump White House and intel should always be considered mutually exclusive
      You would have to be a Kool-Aid addict at this point not to realize the seriousness of the CHAOS that characterizes this Administration and WH. No responsible thinking adult could call it a success!
      John Ratcliffe

      … In Heritage Action's final scorecard for the 114th Congress, Ratcliffe was ranked as the most conservative Texas legislator in Congress and second most conservative legislator in the country….

      Ratcliffe criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller for covering obstruction of justice in his report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. Ratcliffe claimed that Mueller went beyond the rules for special counsels by covering instances of potential obstruction when the report did not charge any crimes. PolitiFact rated Ratcliffe's claim false, noting that special prosecutors are required by federal regulations to explain decisions not to prosecute….
      :roll:
      Apparently the all knowing Q predicted it last week. The clairvoyance is aw inspiring.
      Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

      If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:59 am

      GoCubsGo wrote:
      Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:30 pm
      Apparently the all knowing Q predicted it last week. The clairvoyance is aw inspiring.
      That's incredible! How does Q do it every time? I know that I've become a Q-liever.
      ... Coats has clashed with Trump , and the former Indiana senator has widely been considered among the most vulnerable members of the president's administration – even as both men have downplayed talk of tension.

      At a time when Trump was repeatedly describing the situation on the U.S.-Mexico border as a national security crisis, Coats declined to include immigration as a major threat facing the country when he spoke to lawmakers in January.

      Coats also appeared to break with the White House on North Korea, asserting that Pyongyang was unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons program....

      Coats had come under pressure in the job before, including for his remarks after the president's widely criticized press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin last summer in Helsinki. Trump initially said he had no reason to doubt Putin's assertions Russia did not meddle in the 2016 election, despite U.S. intelligence agencies reaching that very conclusion more than a year before.

      Coats, one of Trump’s most long-serving aides, appeared to grow increasingly critical of the president in the aftermath of the Helsinki summit, including with a statement following the meeting affirming Russia tried to influence the 2016 election. Trump had cast doubt on that conclusion – and on Coats – hours earlier.

      As Coats was giving an interview to NBC last year, the White House announced Trump would invite Putin to Washington – a revelation that appeared to catch the nation’s spy chief off guard.

      “Say that again?” Coats said.

      “OK,” he added. “That is going to be special.”

      Despite denials by Putin, Coats has steadfastly maintained the Kremlin-linked Internet Research Agency created social media accounts to sow division within the American electorate and that Russian hackers targeted businesses, state and local election divisions and Democratic party officials.

      Coats said in a July 13 speech that the warning lights on interference were “blinking red." ...
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      User avatar
      O Really
      Captain
      Posts: 11124
      Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by O Really » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:40 pm

      Taking politics out of it, and looking at it totally from a management standpoint, does Trump make horrible hiring decisions, or are they horrible people that competent vetting could not tell, or are they put into situations guaranteeing failure? Could be any one or all of those, but there are no other viable causes. Without doubt, though, fault goes to the top, particularly since Trump takes a personal hand in what these people do.

      Reminds me of instances where an employee or ex-employee files some sort of legal complaint and the employer tries to blow it off with "oh, he's just a disgruntled employee." My response: Of course he's disgruntled - that's why he's got a complaint. The question is, did you hire a disgruntled guy or did you make him disgruntled? There are no other choices.

      User avatar
      Vrede too
      Superstar Cultmaster
      Posts: 19599
      Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
      Location: Hendersonvile, NC

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by Vrede too » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 pm

      O Really wrote:
      Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:40 pm
      Taking politics out of it, and looking at it totally from a management standpoint, does Trump make horrible hiring decisions, or are they horrible people that competent vetting could not tell, or are they put into situations guaranteeing failure? Could be any one or all of those, but there are no other viable causes. Without doubt, though, fault goes to the top, particularly since Trump takes a personal hand in what these people do....
      Add in the fact that the pool of quality people willing to abase themselves by working for POSPOTUS is vastly reduced, more so than for just about any other Repug. So, the standard for "competent vetting" necessarily has to be lowered.
      Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

      GoCubsGo
      Sub-Lieutenant
      Posts: 1854
      Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

      Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

      Unread post by GoCubsGo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm

      Vrede too wrote:
      Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 pm
      O Really wrote:
      Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:40 pm
      Taking politics out of it, and looking at it totally from a management standpoint, does Trump make horrible hiring decisions, or are they horrible people that competent vetting could not tell, or are they put into situations guaranteeing failure? Could be any one or all of those, but there are no other viable causes. Without doubt, though, fault goes to the top, particularly since Trump takes a personal hand in what these people do....
      Add in the fact that the pool of quality people willing to abase themselves by working for POSPOTUS is vastly reduced, more so than for just about any other Repug. So, the standard for "competent vetting" necessarily has to be lowered.
      This.
      Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

      If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

      Post Reply