Happy Thanksgiving!!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:57 am

A Happy Thanksgiving wish to all my "friends"

Image

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11338
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by O Really » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks Leo - and a Happy Thanksgiving to "you".

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4117
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by neoplacebo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:47 am

Thank you, Leo. Happy Thanksgiving for you as well.

User avatar
Leo Lyons
Ensign
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Leo Lyons » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 am
Thanks Leo - and a Happy Thanksgiving to "you".
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:47 am
Thank you, Leo. Happy Thanksgiving for you as well.
You're welcome! I couldn't devise a way to exclude O Really and neoplacebo from the quotation marks! :lol:
Some "friends" are a tad friendlier than other "friends"; but the wish goes out to all!
(15 views and two replies ... see?) :wave: :wave: :violin:

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Happy Turkey Day to all!

Image
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11338
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by O Really » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Hopefully all you guys are where you're going to be for Thanksgiving - travel is supposed to be miserable and dangerous. We were watching TV news out of LA and they had an aerial view of the 405 (I-405) freeway. Six lanes across in both directions, totally barely moving for miles, including frontage and side streets. It looked on TV like a Christmas ribbon decoration, bright red stripe on one side, white on the other. So I looked on Waze at LA and every major road in and around the city was red. Every one! SF wasn't much better - hopefully Ulysses is home. Supposedly Palm Springs gets some portion of its annual average 2" of rain tomorrow, with a high temp only in upper 50's. No complaints here, though, considering what a mess is in most of the country.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4117
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:55 am

That's awful and may be due in part to the recently revealed "war on Thanksgiving" that I was not aware of. Read about it here.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-war-on ... 37660.html

Oh, and don't worry about committing any war crimes during this conflict; anything goes and trump will see to it that no one is held accountable. MAGA, Mashed potatoes And Gravy Airborne.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:12 am

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:55 am
That's awful and may be due in part to the recently revealed "war on Thanksgiving" that I was not aware of. Read about it here.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-war-on ... 37660.html

Oh, and don't worry about committing any war crimes during this conflict; anything goes and trump will see to it that no one is held accountable. MAGA, Mashed potatoes And Gravy Airborne.
:lol: I've never heard of changing the name, but it's not my favorite reason for a holiday, so I guess perpetual crybaby 45SHOLE is referring to me. Sorry.

Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong

Why I Hate Thanksgiving

That said, I think long weekends, family gatherings, good food, ODing on 5 days of football, and showing appreciation for things other than colonialism, genocide, wasteful gluttony, LA freeways and religious oppression are fine things. So, happy weekend Leo and all, which I guess is a name change, and fuck off POSPOTUS.

Oh, and let me be the first to wish y'all Happy HOLIDAYS!
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Whack9
Major
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Whack9 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving fellas. Hope you guys all have a blast.

Don't forget Thanksgivings more fun cousin, Danksgiving.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:17 am

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:46 am
Happy Thanksgiving fellas. Hope you guys all have a blast.

Don't forget Thanksgivings more fun cousin, Danksgiving.
Too tame? There's always Cranksgiving.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:12 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:55 am
That's awful and may be due in part to the recently revealed "war on Thanksgiving" that I was not aware of. Read about it here.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-war-on ... 37660.html

Oh, and don't worry about committing any war crimes during this conflict; anything goes and trump will see to it that no one is held accountable. MAGA, Mashed potatoes And Gravy Airborne.
:lol: I've never heard of changing the name, but it's not my favorite reason for a holiday, so I guess perpetual crybaby 45SHOLE is referring to me. Sorry.

Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong

Why I Hate Thanksgiving

That said, I think long weekends, family gatherings, good food, ODing on 5 days of football, and showing appreciation for things other than colonialism, genocide, wasteful gluttony, LA freeways and religious oppression are fine things. So, happy weekend Leo and all, which I guess is a name change, and fuck off POSPOTUS.

Oh, and let me be the first to wish y'all Happy HOLIDAYS!
You forgot excessive beer 🍺and wine 🍷and an excuse for day drinking!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 4117
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by neoplacebo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:05 am

Came across this story about special Thanksgiving gravy in case anyone's interested.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cannabi ... 27899.html :thumbup:

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:48 am

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am
You forgot excessive beer 🍺 and wine 🍷and an excuse for day drinking!
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:05 am
Came across this story about special Thanksgiving gravy in case anyone's interested.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cannabi ... 27899.html :thumbup:
Not intentional on my part, but counting O Really's "holiday" post this morning to Failed prohibition,
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 00#p105700
we're ALL discussing psychoactive substances in response to narc Leo Lyons' Thanksgiving wishes.
:D 8-)
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11338
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by O Really » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:48 am

we're ALL discussing psychoactive substances in response to narc Leo Lyons' Thanksgiving wishes.
:D 8-)
He did distinctly say "Happy" Thanksgiving, did he not? :lol:

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:20 pm

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:06 pm
He did distinctly say "Happy" Thanksgiving, did he not? :lol:
:lol: Touche.

Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 11338
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by O Really » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:15 am


User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:26 am

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:15 am
Here's the LA traffic...
https://www.scarymommy.com/thanksgiving ... s-angeles/
Yuck. My brother commutes from Long Beach to UCLA 5 days a week. :angry-banghead:
blinking red and white break [sic] lights
And, the white ones are headlights.

:roll:
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am

Image
https://www.yahoo.com/news/your-talking ... 51167.html

Amy and Liz! are looking mighty cozy, nttawwt.
Amy blends into the wallpaper. Metaphor?
Liz! is the only one wearing Dem blue :D .
Bernie! is smiling! . . . and it looks a little creepy.
Pete is adorable.
Tulsi's wearing Repug red ;) .
Kamala looks like she just realized she's in Get Out! Cory must be eating in the kitchen.
Almost everyone is ignoring Uncle 45SHOLE's tantrum. Andrew looks bemused by it.
Real billionaires don't hang out with this crowd.

Fwiw, I like many of the things Steyer says, but I'm annoyed by his harping on term limits. Leaving aside whether they would be a good thing or not (I think not), they will require a constitutional amendment, something the POTUS has no role in bringing about. Ain't gonna happen in our lifetimes, let alone in the next 9 years.

In other words, Steyer is being just like the establishment pols he claims to be better than by making a pandering, unrealistic plank central to his campaign.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Hendersonville, NC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by Vrede too » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:17 pm

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am
You forgot excessive beer 🍺 and wine 🍷and an excuse for day drinking!
I don't blame you.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-detroit/
:P

Bearly.
Speaking of Rudy, WTF?

User avatar
GoCubsGo
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:22 am

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Unread post by GoCubsGo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:14 am

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:17 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:28 am
You forgot excessive beer 🍺 and wine 🍷and an excuse for day drinking!
I don't blame you.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-detroit/
:P

Bearly.
Bearly worth watching. Took my dog for a nice walk, caught the end.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000101 010202 020303

If Guns Made Us Safer, America Would Be The Safest Country In The World.

Post Reply