COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm
Where was Pence? He would be my first choice.
:thumbup:

"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Because we trust people to do the right thing.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 pm
More info:
Tuscaloosa college students who knew they had COVID-19 attended parties

... Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith said they discovered the students, who knew they were COVID-19 positive, had been attending parties around the city and county over the past few weeks....

The Tuscaloosa City Council will vote on a mask ordinance Tuesday night.

-------

This story has been updated to reflect the fact that Chief Smith did not name the University of Alabama specifically.
Americans suck. I did all sorts of dangerous stuff when I was younger. However, I never endangered others . . . not counting voluntary cohorts when we were experiencing the same danger.
"When you can make people believe absurdities, you can make them commit atrocities."
-- Voltaire

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

Arrogant young-uns: your day is coming...
For the first few months of the coronavirus pandemic, health and government officials assured the public that young people were at little or no risk of falling seriously ill from COVID-19. But many young people who have contracted the virus tell a very different story, one that should serve as a warning to young adults in the Southern and Western states where infections are surging.

“For younger people who think they don’t need to worry and who haven’t followed guidelines, think again,” Jade Townsend, 22, told Yahoo News in a Facebook message. “It’s had a major impact on my life these past few months and continues to have an impact.”

A worker at a nursery in Oxford, England, Townsend came down with mild COVID-19 symptoms — a sore throat, tightness in the chest and a slight cough — in early March. Her cough grew steadily worse and she began suffering debilitating headaches, lethargy and muscle pain. Eventually she lost her sense of smell and taste, and felt so bad that she “planned my funeral song.”

“I was admitted to hospital where I was overnight with fluids and antibiotics being pumped into me. I was also severely dehydrated. I got discharged and all the symptoms persisted. I was prescribed many antibiotics by my doctor to try to clear a chest infection,” Townsend said. “I ended up getting mouth and throat ulcers and then severe abdominal pain.”
As coronavirus spreads to people under 40, it's making them sicker — and for longer — than once thought
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 pm
More info:
Tuscaloosa college students who knew they had COVID-19 attended parties

... Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith said they discovered the students, who knew they were COVID-19 positive, had been attending parties around the city and county over the past few weeks....

The Tuscaloosa City Council will vote on a mask ordinance Tuesday night.

-------

This story has been updated to reflect the fact that Chief Smith did not name the University of Alabama specifically.
Americans suck. I did all sorts of dangerous stuff when I was younger. However, I never endangered others . . . not counting voluntary cohorts when we were experiencing the same danger.
Everybody did wrong

the infected students remain unnamed by officials and will continue to do as they please and UA was able to get their name removed from the article

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 am
Everybody did wrong

the infected students remain unnamed by officials and will continue to do as they please and UA was able to get their name removed from the article
To be fair, the names of the infected students may be restricted to 'need to know' public health officials by HIPAA and/or other laws.

Is it possible that Chief Smith really "did not name the University of Alabama specifically" and he corrected the original story? Idk. UA would seem most likely, but there's also Stillman College and Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa.
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:35 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 am
Everybody did wrong

To be fair, the names of the infected students may be restricted to 'need to know' public health officials by HIPAA and/or other laws.

Is it possible that Chief Smith really "did not name the University of Alabama specifically" and he corrected the original story? Idk. UA would seem most likely, but there's also Stillman College and Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa.
Its a national emergency - at least leak their damn names
Or better, quarantine everyone they came into contact with.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:47 am
Its a national emergency - at least leak their damn names

Idk, but they may only do that if the COVIDiots resist public health mandates.

Or better, quarantine everyone they came into contact with.

One would hope that contact tracing and appropriate quarantining are happening. Of course, few college parties have guest lists. So, the parties should definitely be IDed and attendees encouraged to ID themselves to public health, or at least get tested and self-quarantine.
People were prosecuted for knowingly spreading HIV. Might it come to that with CV-19?
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

It should

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:52 am
... People were prosecuted for knowingly spreading HIV. Might it come to that with CV-19?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am
It should
You may have a point.

Coronavirus updates: Party guests exposed to COVID-19 not cooperating, officials say
(scroll down)
Party host with COVID-19 spreads virus to at least 8 guests

Rockland County, New York, is seeing a coronavirus cluster attributed to a large party -- one of the many gatherings in the area, county Health Commissioner Dr. Patricia Schnabel said Wednesday.

The host of the party was ill at the time and the virus spread to at least eight others -- all young adults, Schnabel said at a news conference.
Asshole
... Schnabel said some people contacted by health investigators are denying being at the party and are refusing to speak to the investigators.

"Many do not answer their cell phones and do not call back," she said. "'Sometimes parents answer for their adult children and promise that they have been home consistently -- when they have not been."

"This must stop," she said. "Unfortunately I am now forced by these circumstances to send subpoenas to the individuals who are required to cooperate with us."
Geez people, it's just public health, NOT the Gestapo.
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm not sure if it's the same jurisdiction, but somewhere folks can be fined $2K if busted.

Groom dies and more than 110 guests contract coronavirus after wedding in eastern India

Do the guests get their gifts back?
-- Voltaire

billy.pilgrim
Rear admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 pm
I'm not sure if it's the same jurisdiction, but somewhere folks can be fined $2K if busted.

Groom dies and more than 110 guests contract coronavirus after wedding in eastern India

Do the guests get their gifts back?
this proves that herding or whatever they call it works.. trump needs more bigger and better rallys

GoCubsGo
Commander

Ten days after attending the Tulsa rally.
And a stage 4 cancer survivor? Wow.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm
And 74 years old.

No social distancing, no masks, hmm what could go wrong?
-- Voltaire

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Updates to 2 stories we've discussed here in the past few days -

Rockland County, New York:

Party Guests Won't Talk After 9 Test Positive. Now They Face Subpoenas.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala:

College students going to 'COVID parties' to see who gets sick first, Alabama officials say
-- Voltaire

GoCubsGo
Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:42 pm

TUSCALOOSA, Ala:

College students going to 'COVID parties' to see who gets sick first, Alabama officials say
Wow, I was as dumb as your average rock in college, but c'mon.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm
It gets even better.

Mere hours later he was hospitalized for CV-19.
-- Voltaire

Ulysses
Commander

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:42 pm

TUSCALOOSA, Ala:

Wow, I was as dumb as your average rock in college, but c'mon.
Seems like a sort of bleed-over from the anti-vax crowd and their measles/chicken pox/anthrax parties.

So stupid.
Buh-Bye, President Plump...

GoCubsGo
Commander

of course.....

Aaaaaand...