vp Hero Joe

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

vp Hero Joe

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12 ... reme-Court

why not. it would give mitch a taste of what happens when you support Russian hacks to our election and for his in general un-American behavior over the past 8 years

sign the petition
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: vp Hero Joe

Unread post by Vrede too »

Done.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Done.

what's wrong with this idea. it can't be even considered as underhanded in light of their using Russia to throw them the election
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nothing, "Done." means I signed, and I would have done so even without Trump and his Trumpettes being useful idiots for Putin. The GOP had no patriotic rationale for shortening Obama's term by nearly a year and abusing a decent, qualified, moderate judge like Garland.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Nothing, "Done." means I signed, and I would have done so even without Trump and his Trumpettes being useful idiots for Putin. The GOP had no patriotic rationale for shortening Obama's term by nearly a year and abusing a decent, qualified, moderate judge like Garland.
I understood done

I meant what do you personally think about this idea actually moving forward enough to make mitch shit himself

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I don't think that Dems, as a group, have the spine.
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:I don't think that Dems, as a group, have the spine.
Agreed. I can see why though, they'd get smeared so bad in the media. If republicans do it, it's just another day and not newsworthy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Might not matter. I'm not sure what the filibuster rules would be.
Before swearing in the new senators, the chamber would have 34 Democrats, 2 independents caucusing with Democrats, and 30 Republicans.
30 GOP out of 66 total is more than the 40% needed to block a bill with a full Senate. Plus, I'm pretty sure that 2/3 is needed to confirm a SCOTUS justice.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Might not matter. I'm not sure what the filibuster rules would be.
Before swearing in the new senators, the chamber would have 34 Democrats, 2 independents caucusing with Democrats, and 30 Republicans.
30 GOP out of 66 total is more than the 40% needed to block a bill with a full Senate. Plus, I'm pretty sure that 2/3 is needed to confirm a SCOTUS justice.

after the way mitch has acted over 8 years and knowing without a doubt way he will do over the next 4, change the rules, confirm everybody, and party like a goddamn republican

the media will love it as long as everybody talks all the time on every show on every channel
al franken needs to spend 2 hours a day calling into talk news

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:... change the rules ...
Yeah, I guess that could theoretically happen . . . unless the GOP walked out and a quorum could not be reached to change the rules.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:... change the rules ...
Yeah, I guess that could theoretically happen . . . unless the GOP walked out and a quorum could not be reached to change the rules.

lock the doors

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol:
1312. ETTD.