Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by Stinger »

We were just discussing texting and driving.
Attachments
7163_531777893549826_519875038_n.jpg

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Sounds like a play on the SNL Sofa King skit.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4346
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:

I'd seen "Ship My Pants," but I hadn't seen "Big Gas Savings." They're both good.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Probably Sarah Palin's cousin.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

neoplacebo wrote:Probably Sarah Palin's cousin.
She needs to incorporate the words "patriot" and "maverick" into her speeches.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

They must ask questions like that just in the hopes of getting this kind of answer - and hit the jackpot with Miss Utah as well as back with Miss SC. Otherwise, they'd recognize that such a question cannot be answered well in 30 seconds, no matter how knowledgeable one is on the topic.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:It says about society that women are still discriminated against in the workplace despite their growing importance to household income.

"World peace" would have been better than "education".
That's a good answer - and one she certainly would have been better off to give. But I don't know that it's discrimination that you could catch that's the primary cause of the problem. If you have men and women doing the same job and the women in that job - regardless of experience, seniority, etc. are consistently paid less than the men, then you've got a classic case of discrimination. But suppose you have another job in which both men and women get paid the same, but it's a job in which most workers are female, and it's low paid? Might that be because society simply values work done by women lower than work done by men? That's not going to get fixed by the Equal Pay Act that's been around since 1963, and it's not going to get fixed by sex or gender discrimination lawsuits, either. It's built into the total business system. If I start a school and hire teachers for $30,000 a year, and my one male gets paid the same as my 10 females, and my 10 females are paid the same regardless of race, etc., and are paid comparably to your teachers down the street, then I'm not "discriminating" in a legal sense. But why are teachers with college and grad degrees and several years of experience who have a good bit of responsibility for the education of our kids getting paid less than a grunt accountant or construction laborer (median 5/2012, $29,990). Maybe because it used to be and largely still is a female dominated field?

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Okay.

It says about society that women are still discriminated against in the workplace - both in pay and in access to certain jobs - despite their growing importance to household income.

Dang, I'm gonna have to enter a beauty pageant.
Might not have to travel far, if they're still having this one...
http://stliving.com/?p=1303

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede wrote: My "evening gown" may be a winner -
Damn, you're ugly. All three parts of you.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Mujibar was applying for a job in a large city in India .

The Personnel Manager said, 'Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except one;
It is a simple test of your English language skills; unless you pass it, you cannot qualify for this job."

Mujibar said, "I am ready."

The manager told him,

"You must make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink, and Green."

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said,

"Meester manager, I am ready."

The manager said, "OK, go ahead."

Mujibar said,

"The telephone goes green-green, green-green
And I pink it up, and say,

Yellow, this is Mujibar."

Mujibar now works at a call center.

(No doubt you have spoken to him.)
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I admit it, I'm a gay atheist and a pedophile when I'm not molesting my dog, Spot.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

During a flash flood in a small town, two young boys were perched on top of a house. As they sat watching articles float by in the water, they noticed an old hat go past. Suddenly, the hat turned and came back, then turned around and went downstream. After it had gone some distance, again it turned and came back.They watched as it did this a number of times.

"Do you see that hat?" said one boyl in amazement. "First it goes downstream, then turns around and comes back, then it goes back downstream and
then it comes back again."

"Oh, that's nothing, it's only my dad," replied the boy. "This morning Mom said that come hell or high water, he had to mow the lawn today."

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, I know it's a joke. Sort of. But it is pretty typical of anti-government types misrepresenting reality to create a ridicule opportunity and then blame it on the Indians. Nobody ever said daylight saving time actually makes a longer day (blanket) - only that people in their normal schedule would get to use more of their daylight in the evening instead of in the morning.

Glad to hear from you, you ol' curmudgeon. But you can do better. The crashing "aircraft" was great!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me, and we all could probably use more calm in our lives.....

Some doctor on television this morning said that the way to achieve Inner Peace is to finish all the things you have started.

So, I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished and, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot,
a bottle of shhhardonay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of vocka, a pockage of Prunglies, tha mainder of a bot of Prozic and Valum scriptins, the res of the Chesescke an a bosh a chocolets.

Yu haf no idr who frkin gud I fel.

Peas sen dis orn to dem yu fee AR in ned ov inr pece.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Heard they've already got a replacement, though.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"Don't trip over Spot." ;)
Spot died.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Male or Female? You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples:

FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.

PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again.
They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can also wreak havoc if you push the wrong Buttons.

TIRES: Tires are male, because they go bald easily and are often over inflated.

HOT AIR BALLOONS: Also a male object, because to get them to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under their butt.

SPONGES: These are female, because they are soft, squeezable and retain water.

WEB PAGES: Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting hit on.

TRAINS: Definitely male, because they always use the same old lines for picking up people.

EGG TIMERS: Egg timers are female because, over time, all the weight shifts to the bottom.

HAMMERS: Male, because in the last 5000 years, they've hardly changed at all, and are occasionally handy to have around.

THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. Ha! You probably thought it would be male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure,
he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just keeps trying.