Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump Administration* - Fired / Quit

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:40 pm
Taking politics out of it, and looking at it totally from a management standpoint, does Trump make horrible hiring decisions, or are they horrible people that competent vetting could not tell, or are they put into situations guaranteeing failure? Could be any one or all of those, but there are no other viable causes. Without doubt, though, fault goes to the top, particularly since Trump takes a personal hand in what these people do....
Add in the fact that the pool of quality people willing to abase themselves by working for POSPOTUS is vastly reduced, more so than for just about any other Repug. So, the standard for "competent vetting" necessarily has to be lowered.
This.
Not just working for POSPOTUS but also just being associated with him.
'Serving under Trump is embarrassing': Fifth Republican congressman retires in just two weeks as GOP fears more exits

The fifth Republican congressman in two weeks is set to step down as the GOP reportedly fears a wave of retirements amid ongoing tension in the party over Donald Trump’s presidency....

“Serving in the era of Trump has few rewards. He has made an already hostile political environment worse,” Tom Davis, a former senior Republican congressman, told The Hill.

“Every day there is some indefensible tweet or comment to defend or explain. It is exhausting and often embarrassing.” ...
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:40 pm
Taking politics out of it, and looking at it totally from a management standpoint, does Trump make horrible hiring decisions, or are they horrible people that competent vetting could not tell, or are they put into situations guaranteeing failure? Could be any one or all of those, but there are no other viable causes. Without doubt, though, fault goes to the top, particularly since Trump takes a personal hand in what these people do....
Add in the fact that the pool of quality people willing to abase themselves by working for POSPOTUS is vastly reduced, more so than for just about any other Repug. So, the standard for "competent vetting" necessarily has to be lowered.
This.
Not just working for POSPOTUS but also just being associated with him.
'Serving under Trump is embarrassing': Fifth Republican congressman retires in just two weeks as GOP fears more exits

The fifth Republican congressman in two weeks is set to step down as the GOP reportedly fears a wave of retirements amid ongoing tension in the party over Donald Trump’s presidency....

“Serving in the era of Trump has few rewards. He has made an already hostile political environment worse,” Tom Davis, a former senior Republican congressman, told The Hill.

“Every day there is some indefensible tweet or comment to defend or explain. It is exhausting and often embarrassing.” ...
Political speak for "The President is a fucking nutjob and our leadership are spineless pussies".
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm
Sycophant Radcliffe is out.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/02/politics ... index.html
Worst manager-POTUS ever.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:58 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm
Sycophant Radcliffe is out.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/02/politics ... index.html
Trump's intelligence chief pick John Ratcliffe reportedly misled the public about his role in a major anti-terrorism case

Not very intelligent for a wannabe intelligence chief.
Don't get too optimistic; trump will surely appoint someone equally unqualified in short order. Like Mark Meadows. Or Marsha Blackburn. Both the antithesis of intelligence. Perfect.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Jon Huntsman, US Ambassador to Russia, resigns.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-russia-am ... 25755.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:12 pm
Used to be a decent guy, for a Repug. I was surprised that he abased himself in the first place and that he stayed as the 45SHOLE-Russia facts accumulated. I think he's damaged goods now, but maybe that's just me.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:11 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:12 pm
Used to be a decent guy, for a Repug. I was surprised that he abased himself in the first place and that he stayed as the 45SHOLE-Russia facts accumulated. I think he's damaged goods now, but maybe that's just me.
I agree; always thought he was a straight up guy for a GOPer; smart, experienced, not crazy. Not sure if he's damaged goods for being part of the trump empire.....that does leave a stink. Hell, maybe he's even got the real story about trump and Russia or maybe he just has a few Faberge eggs. I think I read somewhere in the past that he speaks Chinese. Or maybe somebody told me that in Chinese and I somehow recalled it.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Here goes another one. Also, I read today that the woman next in line to replace Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence is resigning the same day as Coats, the 15th i think. trump has already picked an obscure Navy Admiral to be DNI; probably the naval equivalent of Gen Flynn. Anyway, this is the story about the State Dept guy who quit.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chuck-pa ... 50858.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:07 pm
Here goes another one. Also, I read today that the woman next in line to replace Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence is resigning the same day as Coats, the 15th i think. trump has already picked an obscure Navy Admiral to be DNI; probably the naval equivalent of Gen Flynn. Anyway, this is the story about the State Dept guy who quit.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chuck-pa ... 50858.html
O Really -
A U.S. Foreign Service officer with nearly a decade of experience working for the State Department resigned Thursday in protest of President Donald Trump and his administration’s “toxic agenda.”

Chuck Park, whose most recent duties focused on trade development with British Columbia, explained his decision to step down in a searing opinion piece published Thursday in The Washington Post....
Comments:
A lot of vacancies in this administration....and no one to fill them, and even republicans are no longer seeking re-election. This ship is sinking. He can fill the position with a few more Fox entertainers. Before long fox will be broadcasting from the WH.
No one with the least shred of integrity would work for the trump regime.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump’s executive assistant resigns from White House

Comments:
Trump's people staying would be a major news headline
The local Mickey D's has a lower turnover rate than the WH. And some of the people there are better as well
Is it too soon for me to say but but Hillary?
I used to think VEEP was funny because it seemed so far fetched and too extreme to be believed. Now, it seems tame and underestated compared to the circus that is the real White House.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Bye bye Bolton

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Good to see Yosemite Sam getting the boot; on the other hand, trump is sure to put some other dingbat nutjob in his place.....like Devin Nunes or maybe Sean Hannity. Could also be the second coming of Sarah Palin. Tom Cotton would be another fuckup to consider for the job. One thing for sure; nobody with any sense will be taking this position.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm
Bye bye Bolton
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
Good to see Yosemite Sam getting the boot; on the other hand, trump is sure to put some other dingbat nutjob in his place.....like Devin Nunes or maybe Sean Hannity. Could also be the second coming of Sarah Palin. Tom Cotton would be another fuckup to consider for the job. One thing for sure; nobody with any sense will be taking this position.
Who had 17 months in the pool?

Idk, Bolton had a pretty unique combo of credentials, rightwingnuttery and assholishness. He'll get replaced, but perhaps not with the same cachet. Found:
tRump's list for replacing him:: Ted Nugent, Scott Baio, Sarah Palin, the entire cast of Fox and Friends (the position would rotate based on who is on camera at the time), Archie Bunker, Daryl and my other brother Daryl, Curly Larry or Moe, Rose Nylund (golden Girls), Kanye West, Jillian (family guy), David Puddy, Ted Baxter, Rush Limbaugh, David Duke, Kelly Bundy, Gilligan,Kid Rock, Sean Hannity, Dennis Ridman, Bill O'Rilley, Alex Jones, Steve Bannon, Charlie Sheen, Tim Allen, Trey Gowdy, Homer Simpson, Curt Schilling, Paul Ryan.
Seems obvious that this is a distraction from 45SHOLE's massive Taliban screw up.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'Let's be clear, I resigned.' John Bolton contradicts Donald Trump on whether he was fired

"Let's be clear," it's no shocker that either John Bolton or POSPOTUS is lying, though it's usually both.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Bolton could be correct...
"John, I want your ass out of here"
"Ok, then I quit..."

Bolton should never have had the job, and should have been fired already. He's been fired by everybody he's worked for. But I'll wait to see who the replacement is before giving Trump much credit for a good move. Hard to imagine, but the next one could be worse if Trump follows his pattern.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:20 pm
... Bolton should never have had the job, and should have been fired already. He's been fired by everybody he's worked for. But I'll wait to see who the replacement is before giving Trump much credit for a good move. Hard to imagine, but the next one could be worse if Trump follows his pattern.
Ding, ding, ding.

Trump's Acting National Security Adviser Said Nuclear War With USSR Was Winnable

Leave it to POSPOTUS to pick one of the few swamp monsters that might be worse than Bolton.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 pm
From the rumblings and a couple of articles I've seen the past couple of days, it looks like Wilbur Ross is also on the way out. Pretty soon it will just be trump and Stephen Miller and Kellyanne, a trilogy of buffoonery.
Wilbur Ross and the Trump War on Truth
The commerce secretary deceived Congress on the census and threatened those who told the truth about the weather. The boss must be pleased.

Tell Congress: Impeach Wilbur Ross, Trump's most corrupt cabinet secretary

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:29 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:20 pm
... Bolton should never have had the job, and should have been fired already. He's been fired by everybody he's worked for. But I'll wait to see who the replacement is before giving Trump much credit for a good move. Hard to imagine, but the next one could be worse if Trump follows his pattern.
Ding, ding, ding.

Trump's Acting National Security Adviser Said Nuclear War With USSR Was Winnable

Leave it to POSPOTUS to pick one of the few swamp monsters that might be worse than Bolton.
Trump’s Acting National Security Adviser Once Tied to Group Known for Anti-Muslim Stance
President Donald Trump’s new acting national security adviser once served on the board of directors for the Center for Security Policy, a group that started as a hawkish think tank and morphed into a leading anti-Muslim organization.

Figures. I might be wrong, but I think Bolton hates and wants to massacre everyone equally.
1312. ETTD.