Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too »

Naël from Linkedin
nael.bourg@outlook.com

Hello,

It was nice connecting with you on Linkedin. I was actually searching for an acquaintance when I came across your profile. I must confess you are pretty, very beautiful. This is me being honest not just mere flattery .I hope no offence is taken, I understand this is a business networking medium and not a dating or social networking website and I don't intend to use it as one.

You caught my eye, I am interested in communicating more and sharing more about me with you and hope to learn more about you too that is if you are single and interested in communicating further. I do believe everything is possible if we put our mind and heart together just like I believe that good things can be found in the least places. Let me know if you're willing to communicate more and I will write you to tell you more about myself.

Warm regards and hope you are having a great week.

Naël
:headscratch: I'm not on Linkedin, but I still feel a little bad for ignoring the blind :D .
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 am
Naël from Linkedin
nael.bourg@outlook.com

Hello,

It was nice connecting with you on Linkedin. I was actually searching for an acquaintance when I came across your profile. I must confess you are pretty, very beautiful. This is me being honest not just mere flattery .I hope no offence is taken, I understand this is a business networking medium and not a dating or social networking website and I don't intend to use it as one.

You caught my eye, I am interested in communicating more and sharing more about me with you and hope to learn more about you too that is if you are single and interested in communicating further. I do believe everything is possible if we put our mind and heart together just like I believe that good things can be found in the least places. Let me know if you're willing to communicate more and I will write you to tell you more about myself.

Warm regards and hope you are having a great week.

Naël
:headscratch: I'm not on Linkedin, but I still feel a little bad for ignoring the blind :D .
I like the part about "good things can be found in the least places." It follows that better things can be found in the most places.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:08 am
I like the part about "good things can be found in the least places." It follows that better things can be found in the most places.
:thumbup: :D

How does Naël from Linkedin know that I'm in Hoooterville, anyhow?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Of course it's a scam. But here's some fun. There is such a guy on Linkedin here https://www.linkedin.com/in/na%C3%ABl-b-92b54373 and that's an unusual name. Also the "real" guy is originally Canadian, so the "no offence" fits in his message to you. So you think somebody just ripped his identity, but then... there appears to be no reference anywhere to "Bourg Construction/Consultancy."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:07 pm
Of course it's a scam. But here's some fun. There is such a guy on Linkedin here https://www.linkedin.com/in/na%C3%ABl-b-92b54373 and that's an unusual name. Also the "real" guy is originally Canadian, so the "no offence" fits in his message to you. So you think somebody just ripped his identity, but then... there appears to be no reference anywhere to "Bourg Construction/Consultancy."
Canadian?! Damn, I might have replied since he thinks I'm "pretty, very beautiful," but now living in Texas is a deal breaker. :(
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

He/she/they also started a blog, with no entries. http://naelbourgconstruction.com/

But no "Nael Bourg" is found in Addison or anywhere in Texas, with a cursory search.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:53 pm
He/she/they also started a blog, with no entries. http://naelbourgconstruction.com/

But no "Nael Bourg" is found in Addison or anywhere in Texas, with a cursory search.
:shock: I feel so used and dirty.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Woman bites camel in the nuts to get him off of her...

Happened in Louisiana (shock!), but probably a Florida visitor did it.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/wom ... police-say

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 pm

:lol: :!: :lol: :!: :lol: :!:

Florida woman bites 600-pound camel that sat on her at a Louisiana truck stop petting zoo

Your link:
... Problems arose when a man began tossing treats inside Caspar’s enclosure, leading his and his wife’s dog to hop the fence to go after them, Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Louis Hamilton Jr. told the Advocate on Sunday.
That was smart.
Problems worsened when the deaf dog would not respond to calls to come back.
Who calls a deaf dog, and why didn't they just start tossing treats outside Caspar’s enclosure?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Consider, for a moment, the position she and the camel would have had to be in the first place for her to be able to bite his nuts. Seems like she surely had a face full of camel dick.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 pm
Consider, for a moment, the position she and the camel would have had to be in the first place for her to be able to bite his nuts. Seems like she surely had a face full of camel dick.
Or camel ass. She thought this was the last thing she would ever see:

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Well that just made my morning.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:20 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 pm

:lol: :!: :lol: :!: :lol: :!:

Florida woman bites 600-pound camel that sat on her at a Louisiana truck stop petting zoo

Your link:
... Problems arose when a man began tossing treats inside Caspar’s enclosure, leading his and his wife’s dog to hop the fence to go after them, Iberville Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Louis Hamilton Jr. told the Advocate on Sunday.
That was smart.
Problems worsened when the deaf dog would not respond to calls to come back.
Who calls a deaf dog, and why didn't they just start tossing treats outside Caspar’s enclosure?
I gotta love my neighbors

https://www.thedestinlog.com/news/20190 ... ound-camel
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:32 am
I gotta love my neighbors

https://www.thedestinlog.com/news/20190 ... ound-camel
You should, not everyone has a local expert to call if their 'hood is attacked by a face-sitting camel.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"The woman then bit the testicles of the 600-pound animal. It is alleged that the couple provoked the animal."

Ya' think? :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

U.S. Diplomat's Wife Flees UK As Police Suspect Her In Fatal Hit-And-Run

The wife of an unidentified U.S. diplomat has fled the U.K. amid an investigation into the death of a 19-year-old motorcyclist, who was driving on the correct side of the road when a driver pulled out onto the wrong side and struck him.

Police told British news outlets that the diplomat’s wife is believed to have been behind the wheel during the Aug. 27 hit-and-run.

When police applied for a waiver from diplomatic immunity to conduct their investigation, however, the U.S. Embassy rejected it, informing them that the woman had left the country. Police say they had been following the usual investigative procedures.

British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said in a statement that he has contacted U.S. Ambassador Woody Johnson “to express the U.K.’s disappointment with their decision, and to urge the Embassy to re-consider it.” ...
Woody Johnson?! Well, it does sound like he's being a real Dick Dick over this tragedy.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 am

The wife of an unidentified U.S. diplomat has fled the U.K. amid an investigation into the death of a 19-year-old motorcyclist, who was driving on the correct side of the road when a driver pulled out onto the wrong side and struck him.

Police told British news outlets that the diplomat’s wife is believed to have been behind the wheel during the Aug. 27 hit-and-run.

When police applied for a waiver from diplomatic immunity to conduct their investigation, however, the U.S. Embassy rejected it, informing them that the woman had left the country. Police say they had been following the usual investigative procedures.

British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said in a statement that he has contacted U.S. Ambassador Woody Johnson “to express the U.K.’s disappointment with their decision, and to urge the Embassy to re-consider it.” ...
Woody Johnson?! Well, it does sound like he's being a real Dick Dick over this tragedy.

He wasn't a dick - well maybe he was, he was a judge and a Harry - but he did look the wrong way before stepping out onto a London street and was Harry no more.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 am

I hope Woody isn't 6'6" 290lbs who had the nickname "Big" when he was just a kid. Pretty shitty of the wife to flee the country after this. Perhaps the British legal system is not like ours, in which being innocent is expensive and you have to decide beforehand how innocent you want to be. When I got back to the US after almost three years in Japan, for a month or so I found myself on the wrong side of the road when making turns. But I never crashed or hit anything and did not have diplomatic immunity.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:38 am
Family safe after speeding car is knocked out of its path (with video)

Wow. It's like it's from Final Destination.
He would have gone right over them.

Reminds me of 1 of my 2 accidents. I would have been just off camera to the right, minding my own business, sitting at the stop sign and drinking a milkshake, when a similar accident came into my space and there was milkshake everywhere.