billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alaba ... burn-2019/

The boy is looking a lot like Elmer Fudd

RIP Quentin

https://youtu.be/2G3yIIJPGFM

A slightly different version of bammer's in your face we beat the hell out of whoever rammer jammer end of game song
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Congrats billy.p! Your Plain Damn War Eagle Tigers roared today. Gotta be a fine day at the Pilgrim house. :clap: :clap:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:32 pm

RIP Quentin

A slightly different version of bammer's in your face we beat the hell out of whoever rammer jammer end of game song
That sucks, but he ain't RIP-ing. He's standing on a cloud, leading that heavenly Tiger band in a cheer.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:27 am
Go:

@(9)Minnesota +2 +2.5 (13)Wisconsin. 1-loss Minnesota is the one that still has a shot at making the Playoffs, but I don't hate Wisconsin.
Wow, not even close. Will 1-loss OH St still be in the Playoffs if 2-loss Wisconsin crushes it next week? It's happened exactly that way recently.

@(16)Auburn +3.5 (5)Alabama. Narrow spread, respect! Please beg Mrs.pilgrim to wear the vest for me. It will be the redemption of a disappointing season. Gamblers inching towards Auburn from the initial spread :thumbup: .
That was fuckin' nuts, billy.pilgrim. As the game wound down I was sure that Bama was going to beat the spread by 0.5. Then, I was sure of OT until that upright got in the way. Glad I was wrong. CONGRATS, your season is redeemed. Thank Mrs.pilgrim and dog.pilgrim for me. Now, all we need is for LSU to stomp GA and make it a one SEC team Playoffs.
Otherwise, I really really suck.

The Ducks won, but missed the spread by 5.5.
ND scored a garbage strip-6 with 0:41 left on just a 2-man rush to beat the spread by 4.5.

I'm 4-10 and in solo last :thumbdown: . The leaders are 9-5.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

My misery continued. I finish 5-14, solo last by 3 points! The winners are 14-5.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm 13th out of 19th on the season. However, 2 of the players worse than me missed a week and there's a third player that missed a week that is still better than me and is out of my reach in the final abbreviated week. :problem:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:32 pm

RIP Quentin

:-||

Let it sink in: Alabama will not be a playoff team for the first time ever

Along with Oregon winning though not beating the spread, App St winning and Bama losing were literally the only good college fb things that happened for me this weekend. My 3 other correct bets were not really games that I care about.

Go:
(rankings will change, AP this afternoon, PSC Tuesday)
http://scores.nbcsports.com/cfb/scorebo ... 5&conf=000

@14 Oregon(10-2) vs 6 Utah(11-1) - Friday, December 6, 8:00 PM ET
@25 App St(11-1) vs Louisiana(10-2)
@7 Oklahoma(11-1) vs 9 Baylor(11-1) - If LSU > GA, I think either Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor is in the Playoffs. So <gulp>, go Sooners pending the PCS.
19 Cincinnati(10-2) @18 Memphis(11-1) - Instant rematch. I slightly like Memphis more, but want App St to get that Group of Five Cotton Bowl slot.
Hawaii(8-4) @20 Boise State(11-1) - Unlikely. I like both, but want App St to get that Group of Five Cotton Bowl slot. There could be 3 of these teams with 1 loss. There will be bitterness over who gets picked.
@2 LSU(12-0) vs 4 Georgia(11-1) - If Georgia > LSU, I think both get in the Playoffs.
Virginia(9-3) @3 Clemson(12-0) - If Virginia wins, Clemson may still be in the Playoffs.
@12 Wisconsin (10-2) vs 1 Ohio State(12-0) - Not sure why Wisconsin gets the home game. If it wins, Ohio State may still be in the Playoffs.

Note: "Group of Five" is a stupid name. At least "Power Five" says something.
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:51 pm
Congrats billy.p! Your Plain Damn War Eagle Tigers roared today. Gotta be a fine day at the Pilgrim house. :clap: :clap:
Who needs POSPOTUS-worshiping family on this weekend when you've got a left upright placed by god, right billy.pilgrim?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 am
I'm 13th out of 19th on the season.
Maybe you need to refine your selection process...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 am
That can apply in a lot of situations.

If the pool wasn't penny-ante, $5/week, I might switch things up, but I hate rooting against my likes and dislikes.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

AP Rankings

1 LSU (12-0)
2 Ohio State (12-0)
They're playing quality opponents. I think they're in the Playoffs even if they lose. Not sure which of the two I hope will win it all.
3 Clemson (12-0)
Could get knocked out if it loses to lowly #22 Virginia? Maybe, but I doubt it.
4 Georgia (11-1)
5 Utah (11-1)
6 Oklahoma (11-1)
7 Florida (10-2)
8 Baylor (11-1)
Yeah, that's what I figured. Slot #4 goes to Georgia, Utah, Oklahoma or Baylor, sigh. Unless the PSC gets radical, I'll bet as above and will hope that Oklahoma gets it.
9 Alabama (10-2)
10 Wisconsin (10-2)
11 Auburn (9-3)
Up from #16, congrats.
12 Penn State (10-2)
13 Oregon (10-2)
Beating Utah could bounce it up to #10 or so.
14 Notre Dame (10-2)
15 Minnesota (10-2)
16 Memphis (11-1)
17 Michigan (9-3)
18 Iowa (9-3)
19 Boise State (11-1)
20 Appalachian State (11-1)
Okay then, Memphis and Boise State losses could put it in the Cotton Bowl, but Cincinnati might leapfrog it by beating Memphis. Appalachian State plays at noon and Memphis at 1530. By the time that Boise State plays at 1600 I may be rooting for it if Appalachian State has lost.
21 Cincinnati (10-2)
22 Virginia (9-3)
Humiliate Clemson!
23 Navy (9-2)
24 USC (8-4)
25 Air Force (10-2)
(30) UCF
(33) California
(34) Washington
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 pm
Yep, a SEC homer said that.
SEC Network analyst: Clemson and OSU would beat LSU right now.

As for Clemson, the Tigers look like a totally different team in their last six games. They slaughtered Wake Forest 52-3 yesterday at home. The Demon Deacons are widely regarded as the No. 2 team in the ACC this year.

The big story over this period of time is the improved play of Trevor Lawrence. He is starting to look more and more like his 2018 self. In his last six games, Lawrence has thrown 19 touchdowns to just three interceptions with zero of the interceptions coming in the last four games. His numbers look eerily similar to last year’s. His completion percentage is up nearly three percentage points to 68.1 percent and he’s averaging 0.9 more yards per attempt at 9.1.

It’s hard to not walk away with the concern Burns has about LSU’s defense considering what it let Ole Miss do. One could also say that it was its second straight road game, which is perfectly fair. As far as the way Clemson and Ohio State are playing, they may very well have a slight edge over LSU. We should find out in just over a month if this holds true.
https://247sports.com/college/clemson/A ... lqYW9DoNHw
wow - "they slaughtered Wake Forest … widely regarded as the No. 2 team in the ACC" you must be so proud that the #2 team in your conference is unranked.

I’m so damn proud of my team. And it’s so easy to see that I, and Auburn fans everywhere, had so much more fun watching our wins and losses than any fan watching a team win game after game against teams outside of the top 20, much less the top 5. How is it fun to watch your team win almost every game by 35 and 45 points. Or maybe the season high point of excitement is coming within a single 2 point play of losing to an unranked team.

Meanwhile, my team played 6 teams ranked preseason above #12; one that went to #6, one that went to #3 and 2 that made it to #1. Prior to our last game Auburn had allowed only 16 points per game. Auburn stopped LSU twice on 4th down, once 4 straight plays inside the 3 and all in a game with more than a few controversial calls. Two of the 3 losses (the ones to teams now in the playoffs) tipped on controversial calls.

Our games were fun nail biters. Our fans stayed to watch because our games were competitive. Our games were competitive because of all the similar teams in our conference.
The same can be said of any conference where the teams are of similar strength. It’s all fun when Harvard plays Yale or Chattanooga takes on Troy or UNC at Duke. Great games, fun to watch, fun to be a fan. Not so much when your conference doesn't offer competition and you use your non-conference games to play Wofford and Citadel.

My team was exciting to watch and love. Our fans stayed to watch because we don’t win every game by 35.

WgDMFingE
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Defeating Alabama.
Been there, done that in National Championship fashion when Tua was healthy.
Has Gus Malzahn sent Miss State a thank you note?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:47 pm
As for Clemson, the Tigers look like a totally different team in their last six games. They slaughtered Wake Forest 52-3 yesterday at home. The Demon Deacons are widely regarded as the No. 2 team in the ACC this year....
wow - "they slaughtered Wake Forest … widely regarded as the No. 2 team in the ACC" you must be so proud that the #2 team in your conference is unranked....
Not even a single AP vote.
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football/rankings/

:lol: I don't think I've ever seen anyone brag about beating Wake Forest before. Even UNC and NC St don't do that. That's true desperation.

Wake Forest is in a 6-way tie for 5th best ACC record, a conference that only has 2 ranked teams.
It barely beat 7-5 Utah State in its first game. This is the only team with a winning record that it's beaten.
It lost to 7-5 Louisville.
It just lost to 5-7 Syracuse.
https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wa ... eason=2019
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
wow - "they slaughtered Wake Forest …
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 pm
Yep, a SEC homer said that.
SEC Network analyst: Clemson and OSU would beat LSU right now. They slaughtered Wake Forest...
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 pm
I don't think I've ever seen anyone brag about beating Wake Forest...
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm
A pathetic Maryland Terp fan chimed in.

In other news, Washington's Chris Petersen said he resigns.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
... I’m so damn proud of my team....
Only AP #1 LSU also beat Bama.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019 ... viral.html

Joe Aistrup, the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts at Auburn University, "took to Twitter to have a little fun and celebrate Auburn’s 48-45 win over Alabama in Saturday’s Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare Stadium."

“It is undeniable that when every second counts, Auburn men and women make great things happen,” Aistrup tweeted. “Under coach (Gus) Malzahn’s leadership, student-athletes have twice proven the difference that :01 can make. In the spirit of continued success, I hereby authorize professors and instructors to add one second to the allotted times for next week’s final exam.”

Poor nicki, he's still saying that Auburn was "unfair".

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Go:

@(13)Oregon +6.5 (5)Utah. Fri 12/06 08:00 PM.
@(6)Oklahoma -8.5 (8)Baylor.
@(20)Appalachian St -6.5 La Lafayette.
(21)Cincinnati +9.5 @(16)Memphis.
@(1)LSU -7.5 (4)Georgia.
Hawaii +13.5 @(19)Boise St.
(22)Virginia +29.0 @(3)Clemson.
@(10)Wisconsin +16 (2)Ohio St.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:31 pm
Defeating Alabama.
Been there, done that in National Championship fashion when Tua was healthy.
Has Gus Malzahn sent Miss State a thank you note?

Waaa, waa, waa, but they didn’t have tua

Oh yes they did, they had tua many players on the field.

Did Daboo thank all the cupcake teams clemson scrimmaged for keeping his boys healthy before they played bammer last year and again this year for lsu?

People get hurt. btw - we played bammer without our top 3 receivers, one of them the fastest man in college football – you don’t hear us crying – oh, that’s right, we won

Now for your listening enjoyment, here are Qurntin and the band

trivia contest

what team holds a 15 to 5 win loss record over Clemson?

and - get ready

what team beat Clemson 74 to (a gimmie) 7

whoever it is, they must really suck

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 pm
... Now for your listening enjoyment, here are Quentin and the band

https://youtu.be/2G3yIIJPGFM ...
I'm right this moment sharing that with my pool. :clap:
1312. ETTD.