Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think the Democrats are making a BIG mistake in supposedly resisting having Biden and his son testify at the impeachment trial. They should be jumping up and down to testify; after all, what the hell are they supposed to testify to? They didn't force trump to do any of the stupid shit he's done. On top of that, having them testify would only serve to make the GOP team look even more ridiculous than they already are. Joe and his son should walk in there smoking big cigars and laughing their asses off, and then laugh as the initial response to each GOP question.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Hunter & Joe arrive in his "No Malarkey" campaign tour bus.

Norah O'Donnell "Democrats - Trump should lose his job, even if he didn't commit a crime."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/imp ... rce=moveon
To: U.S. Senate

President Trump’s actions are at the center of his impeachment trial, and he should be compelled to testify about them under oath. Our senators must make Trump take the stand and answer their questions under penalty of perjury -- so the American people can finally have the truth.
Never gonna happen, but it's a good way to tell Repug Senators that they are anti-American assholes and cowards.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Isn't threatening jurors a crime? :P
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Leftists already making excuses for their inevitable loss.

A confidant of the president told CBS News. :naughty:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:18 pm
Isn't threatening jurors a crime? :P
Anti-American cowardly asshole Senate Repugs and Trumpettes: What is this strange word, "crime", that you speak of?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Tape of pospotus talking to Lev "I don't know him" Parnas? What'll the excuse be besides trump lies?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Tape of pospotus talking to Lev "I don't know him" Parnas? What'll the excuse be besides trump lies?

<sigh>

Lev Parnas is now a foreign policy adviser.
A full, 80-minute video of President Donald Trump calling for the ambassador of Ukraine to be booted out of her post was released by PBS News on Saturday.

A portion of the recording shows Trump in frame of the video, which was filmed at a private dinner on April 30, 2018, PBS reported. The recording also picked up Trump telling his associates to “get rid” of then-Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, adding that they needed to “take her out.”

The release of the video recording confirms that Trump indeed called for Yovanovitch’s ouster, as suggested by reports from ABC News and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Friday.

It also sheds more light on Trump’s efforts to attack Yovanovitch and push her out of her post. While sitting presidents have the privilege to appoint and fire U.S. ambassadors, Yovanovitch testified to Congress last year that she felt threatened by the president and was a target of an unprecedented smear campaign against her reputation by the administration.

She was eventually recalled from her ambassadorship in May 2019, a year after the video published on Saturday was recorded.

In the footage, Trump also spoke at length about beating Hilary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race, then said he would have had an even easier time beating President Barack Obama in his 2012 race.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 pm
<sigh>

Lev Parnas is now a foreign policy adviser....
Even after the cowardly Senate acquittal there will be a flood of such revelations between now and Nov.
Senate should remove Trump, majority of independent voters say in Fox News poll

... Fifty percent told Fox News that Trump should be convicted and removed and 44% said he should not. Registered voters' impeachment opinions largely fell along party lines, with 81% of Democrats favoring the president's removal and 84% of Republicans opposing it. Independents said Trump should be removed by a nearly 20-point margin, with 53% in favor of conviction and 34% opposed....
'Fox is fake news!' shrieks from the CiC - Crybaby in Chief - and his adoring Trumpettes in 3…2…1…
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:01 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
<sigh>

Lev Parnas is now a foreign policy adviser....
Even after the cowardly Senate acquittal there will be a flood of such revelations between now and Nov.
Senate should remove Trump, majority of independent voters say in Fox News poll

... Fifty percent told Fox News that Trump should be convicted and removed and 44% said he should not. Registered voters' impeachment opinions largely fell along party lines, with 81% of Democrats favoring the president's removal and 84% of Republicans opposing it. Independents said Trump should be removed by a nearly 20-point margin, with 53% in favor of conviction and 34% opposed....
'Fox is fake news!' shrieks from the CiC - Crybaby in Chief - and his adoring Trumpettes in 3…2…1…
I would be willing to bet trump will be impeached a second time; once he's been pronounced Scott Free by the GOP Senate in this episode, he'll figure he can get away with damn near anything. And he will demonstrate this belief with a vengeance. This also contributes to the previously predicted melt down of Pompeo I mentioned yesterday. Pompeo will not be able to deal with trump after this and will have a massive stroke and choke on a medium size bite of steak while Stephen Miller attempts to save him by stabbing him in the back with a fork in a sort of modified Heimlich maneuver. Stephen will then sit and resume eating without saying a word while Pompeo convulses on the floor and kicks up a considerable amount of static electricity as he continues to choke and writhe. A hell of a scene.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
<sigh>

Lev Parnas is now a foreign policy adviser.
https://news.yahoo.com/full-video-trump ... 20442.html
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Even after the cowardly Senate acquittal there will be a flood of such revelations between now and Nov....
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... 58#p109158
O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 pm
My therapy is pretty cheap. Go down to the beach, maybe take a bike ride or a hike. This first Trump impeachment will very likely result in non-removal, but it's far from a scam. As long as it keeps Trump's life miserable and keeps him preoccupied, I'd say it's successful. But he does enough every day to generate several more impeachment articles before November. Keep the popcorn stocked up.
There Are More Recordings Of Donald Trump And Lev Parnas, Attorney Reveals

Report: Bolton says Trump tied Ukraine funds to Biden probe

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Prophetic title!!
Coming March 17th!  Gonna be a best seller! :D :D
Description
John Bolton served as National Security Advisor to President Donald Trump for 519 days. A seasoned public servant who had previously worked for Presidents Reagan, Bush #41, and Bush #43,  Bolton brought to the administration thirty years of experience in international issues and a reputation for tough, blunt talk. In his memoir, he offers a substantive and factual account of his time in the room where it happened.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0847FZRBF/re ... 266&sr=8-1

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 am
Prophetic title!!

How so?

Description
Vietnam Army National Guard chickenhawk John Bolton served as National Security Advisor to President Donald Trump for 519 days without getting his wish of starting a war. A seasoned public servant who had previously worked for Presidents Reagan, Bush #41, and Bush #43,  Bolton brought to the administration thirty years of experience in international issues and a reputation for tough, blunt talk often being too hateful and wingnutty for even those warmongers. In his memoir, he offers a substantive and factual account of his time in the room where it happened.

Meh, I'll be thrilled if he damages 45SHOLE, but I'm not particularly counting on "factual" and I suspect that his motivation is as much his black heart and personal resentment as it is any measure of integrity and patriotism. I'm suspicious of anything he does being good for the nation and world.

I agree with:
Nothing too dramatic from Robert C. O'Brien yet and he has some qualifications, but red flags include his studies in apartheid South Africa, his conversion to Mormonism, his support for pardoning a war criminal, and of course his willingness to work for 45SHOLE despite:
During the time he advised Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign, he claimed: “It’s clear that Vladimir Putin just doesn’t like [Hillary Clinton], and is going to do what he can to help Donald Trump.”
We'll see. POSPOTUS and "National Security" have been like oil and water.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:20 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 am
Prophetic title!!

How so?

Finally someone who isn't hearsay as the cons have been screaming.

Description
Vietnam Army National Guard chickenhawk John Bolton served as National Security Advisor to President Donald Trump for 519 days without getting his wish of starting a war. A seasoned public servant who had previously worked for Presidents Reagan, Bush #41, and Bush #43,  Bolton brought to the administration thirty years of experience in international issues and a reputation for tough, blunt talk often being too hateful and wingnutty for even those warmongers. In his memoir, he offers a substantive and factual account of his time in the room where it happened.

Meh, I'll be thrilled if he damages 45SHOLE, but I'm not particularly counting on "factual" and I suspect that his motivation is as much his black heart and personal resentment as it is any measure of integrity and patriotism. I'm suspicious of anything he does being good for the nation and world.
He's written like five or six books, I'm sure his motivation is not altruistic also, he's many things, chickenhawk , warmonger etc. but I don't think anyone has ever called him dishonest (until today's pubs!)

I do find it interesting that pospotus strikes Iran three days after the Bolton draft was delivered to the White House.

I agree with:
Nothing too dramatic from Robert C. O'Brien yet and he has some qualifications, but red flags include his studies in apartheid South Africa, his conversion to Mormonism, his support for pardoning a war criminal, and of course his willingness to work for 45SHOLE despite:
During the time he advised Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign, he claimed: “It’s clear that Vladimir Putin just doesn’t like [Hillary Clinton], and is going to do what he can to help Donald Trump.”
We'll see. POSPOTUS and "National Security" have been like oil and water.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:45 pm
Finally someone who isn't hearsay as the cons have been screaming.

Ah, good one.

He's written like five or six books, I'm sure his motivation is not altruistic also, he's many things, chickenhawk , warmonger etc. but I don't think anyone has ever called him dishonest (until today's pubs!)

He was Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security from 2001–2005, lying about Iraqi, Cuban and Irani WMDs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bolt ... 80%932005)
He very well may tell the truth about 45SHOLE, I'll just always be suspicious of his agenda, though. It won't surprise me if his testimony, if it ever happens, doesn't somehow end up being not the boon that the Dems are hoping for. They absolutely should demand more witnesses, not just him. He is an evil snake, not an ally.

I do find it interesting that pospotus strikes Iran three days after the Bolton draft was delivered to the White House.

I didn't know that :roll: .
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Bolton may just achieve his lifelong dream of bringing an evil empire to its knees :thumbup: .
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Bolton, who may hold impeachment bombshell, has a history of settling scores

Open "love" note to the rightwing:

Haha Trumpettes, we lefties TOLD you that Bolton was a bad actor back when your idol hired him. It’s not like Bolton wasn’t already very well known to everyone. Yet you defended the decision just like you ovine fanboys always do no matter how stupid Dolt .45 is being.

Whether one believes Bolton now or not (there's plenty of supporting evidence and testimony), it’s a scream to watch you desperately try to discredit him without even coming close to admitting that we lefties were correct and the POSPOTUS you worship is a screw up.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I predict a veritable shitrain of trump fascist pep rallies throughout the country to try and soothe and coddle and reassure the gullible and stupid that they are not gullible and stupid. Those folks are being GAS (gullible and stupid) lighted and actually do not realize it. Terrible.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Hillary's followers flocked to purchase - What happened.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am
Hell, if trump gets re elected, I'll definitely be far into the highest octane stuff I can get my hands on by the end of next year.