Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:51 am
... Those folks are being GAS (gullible and stupid) lighted and actually do not realize it. Terrible.
Nice acronym!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 am
Hillary's followers flocked to purchase - What happened.
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am
Hell, if trump gets re elected, I'll definitely be far into the highest octane stuff I can get my hands on by the end of next year.
:lol: Cultist

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Bolton effect:
Republicans Now Say It Doesn't Matter If There Was A Quid Pro Quo With Ukraine

Republicans now maintain President Donald Trump was completely justified in engaging in a quid pro quo with Ukraine after an extended period of time adamantly denying that it had ever happened at all....
:o :roll: :obscene-birdiered: :angry-banghead:

Translation: Having Been Caught Red-handed Lying, Cowardly Treasonous Republicans Now Say It Doesn't Matter If A Future POTUS Bribes Or Coerces a Maduro, Kim, Erdogan, Duterte or Ayatollah Into Meddling in our Elections
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Then, the 45SHOLE defense gets even more bizarre:

Dershowitz: Trump can't be impeached because he believed his reelection is in the national interest

Apparently, I can commit any horrendous crime if I "believe” the national interest will be served by it.

Good to know.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:38 am

Dershowitz: Trump can't be impeached because he believed his reelection is in the national interest

Apparently, I can commit any horrendous crime if I "believe” the national interest will be served by it.

Good to know.
Yeah, this certainly clears up a lot of ambiguity for me, too. I now realize that as an American, virtually whatever I decide to do, I can declare it to be in the American interest to do whatever it is.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Whiny leftists have been attempting to overthrow the Presidency since their candidate lost the election.
neoplacebo wrote:
Hell, if trump gets re elected, I'll definitely be far into the highest octane stuff I can get my hands on by the end of next year.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:08 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:38 am

Good to know.
Yeah, this certainly clears up a lot of ambiguity for me, too. I now realize that as an American, virtually whatever I decide to do, I can declare it to be in the American interest to do whatever it is.
45SHOLE has eliminated all crime :-|| .
But he did put 1 FAT CAN out of work :( .
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:46 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Whiny leftists have been attempting to overthrow the Presidency since their candidate lost the election.
neoplacebo wrote:
Adam Schiff In 2005 said John Bolton has A "Lack Of Credibility."

Now, leftists are buying another book. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows voters believe Bolton over Trump — and they want Bolton to testify

That’s pretty bad when Americans think you’re less trustworthy than the guy who wants to start World War 6 (presumably after 3, 4 & 5).

Donald Trump security officials threaten to block publication of John Bolton's book

Snowflake. POSPOTUS and his ovine Trumpettes detest the 1st Amendment and defecate on the Constitution every chance they get. We’ve seen it with the Colin Kaepernick episode, attacks on whistleblowers, other events and now this.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:46 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
:lol: Cultist parrot

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:01 pm
We’ve seen it with the Colin Kaepernick episode
The idiot that wore a Fidel Castro t-shirt.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That's really dumb and whiny, as usual. The entire left has known about the ovine, servile nature of the unpatriotic, criminal co-conspirator, cowardly Senate Repugs and 45SHOLE cultists for months or longer. This is about informing the American people, and we won't know the trial's verdict until Nov 3.
1312. ETTD.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:11 pm
That's really dumb and whiny, as usual. The entire left has known about the ovine, servile nature of the unpatriotic, criminal co-conspirator, cowardly Senate Repugs and 45SHOLE cultists for months or longer. This is about informing the American people, and we won't know the trial's verdict until Nov 3.
I could care less about that idiot that wore a Fidel Castro t-shirt, you mentioned him first. Old news of some fool. As I said, leftists have been attempting to overthrow the Presidency since their candidate lost the election. Leftists will fail, yet again, to remove their President. Who ya got for the election, malarkey Joe. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's over.
The crucial final vote on whether to require witnesses in Donald Trump's impeachment trial is scheduled for TOMORROW--and two key senators up for re-election this year just announced that they would vote NO.

Arizona's Martha McSally and Colorado's Cory Gardner--two of the last remaining undecided senators who are up for re-election this year--just announced that they would not require witnesses, such as John Bolton and Mike Pompeo, to testify under oath.

That's despite the avalanche of stunning revelations in recent days, and the fact that 72% of Americans and 69% of Republicans support calling witnesses.

McSally and Gardner were already in trouble in their bids for re-election due to their votes for Brett Kavanaugh and awful records on women's rights and other issues. But now, they are helping Mitch McConnell turn the impeachment trial into a cover-up, we must hold them accountable in November....

Thank you for joining in.

--Shaunna, Kat, Kathy, Anathea, Sonja, Melody, Lindsay, Pam, Maria, Kimberly, Katie, JoEllen, and Sy, the UltraViolet PAC team
The acquittal vote could happen tomorrow, too. Now, it's up to America to make sure that it wasn't for naught and to punish the criminals and their enablers.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:19 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:41 pm
I heard on TV news that your TN Sen. Lamar Alexander is one of the swing Repugs that might vote FOR calling witnesses. Could be worth a non-scathing comm from you.
Yeah, I saw that last night. But I will wait until he actually does so before becoming Shiva on him. My other "Senator" Marsha Blackburn is a pseudo Christian sycophant who would suck trump's cock on camera while humming Christian hymns like "Onward Christian Soldiers" if he told her to.
I meant a positive note now urging him to do the right thing, but no harm in prepping your inner Shiva.
Point taken, but he's gonna be busy for the next two or three days and me sending him anything before the issue is decided would only mean some staff member (might) read it so I will wait until he shows his true stripes and then act accordingly.
They're all caving in.
Lamar Alexander says charges against Trump are 'proved' but will vote against witnesses

Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., announced Thursday night he will vote against calling witnesses to the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump, likely ending the last real suspense of the trial and opening the door for a speedy conclusion Friday or Saturday.

“There is no need for more evidence to prove that the president asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter,” Alexander said late Thursday in a statement, after another day-long session in the Senate, the ninth day of the trial overall.

Alexander said the charges against the president – that he inappropriately pressured Ukraine to investigate the Bidens – had been “proved” by the House managers, and that the president had acted improperly.

“It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation,” Alexander said, adding that the president’s actions were the kind that “undermines the principle of equal justice under the law.”

“But,” he added, “the Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate.”
:bs: :bs: :bs: It's not just "inappropriate.” Soliciting foreign election meddling, with or without coercion/bribery, is an explicit campaign law felony, is treason, and is defecating on the Constitution that used to define us as an independent nation.
... The Senate is scheduled to vote on the question of witnesses Friday, and Alexander’s opposition for calling witnesses means that at the most there will be 50 votes for witnesses and 50 against, with support from only three Republicans: Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, and Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah.

Only Collins had announced as of Thursday night that she supported witnesses.

If there is a 50-50 tie, the Chief Justice of the United States, John Roberts, could break it with a ruling, but is not expected to do so.
A motion, like to call witnesses, fails on a tie vote.

We all knew this ovine cowardice was a done deal months ago, but I'm still more infuriated than I thought I would be.

Sic 'em, Shiva.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

America is a shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere."

My ass.

I'm not proud of my country.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

So the cultists win. But hang on; I mentioned before that if trump gets off Scott Free on this, he'll sure as hell intensify his lunacy and be confident he can, in fact, "do whatever I want." So this foul bastard may just do something else that results in yet another impeachment of him. And the next one I do not think he can cult his way through. As I post this, his tweet up top is "THE BEST IS YET TO COME" and he is now plotting his next criminal scheme. Just wait and watch.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

This appears to be the day in which corruption, already rampant, becomes an officially acknowledged and accepted practice by the US government.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:32 am
This appears to be the day in which corruption, already rampant, becomes an officially acknowledged and accepted practice by the US government.
It would certainly seem so. And the cult and the gullible are cheering it.