Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Whack9 »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:09 pm
This bus?

Yeah you got it.

We can shrink the pic down for you and throw it in your signature. So when you wanna quote the Biden Bus to make fun of it, you can just reference your signature.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 pm
You referring to a National health crisis briefing as pep rallies is as terrible as the media journalist who asked the question about Atkinson fired, handling of the alleged whistleblower during the coronavirus briefing update.

“Never allow a crisis to go to waste,” Obama's advisor said.
Nah, using a national health emergency briefing as a thinly disguised campaign rally or a chance to demand "gratitude" or a chance to tell some more lies or a chance to deny any responsibility for anything is terrible. Never let a health emergency go to waste when you can use it as a way to self promote and brag and lie.
It's obvious where the media's interest continually are. Definitely can't pull together during a health crisis.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 pm
You referring to a National health crisis briefing as pep rallies is as terrible as the media journalist who asked the question about Atkinson fired, handling of the alleged whistleblower during the coronavirus briefing update.

“Never allow a crisis to go to waste,” Obama's advisor said.

that's how president shithead thinks about them - crowing about the great ratings he gets for his virus bullshit rallies.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:20 pm
Trump got carried away at his session and engaged in his usual hyperbole - "The break-out of china virus in the US is bigger and affects more people than anywhere in the world. There are more sick people than you've ever seen. Pipple say nobody could ever have more sick people than MAGA-land, and it couldn't have happened without ME ME ME!"

hard to imagine being dumb enough to fall for trumps lies, or maybe he knows he is lying but is too fucking dumb to see that he is nothing more than a waste of time.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:24 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
This bus?
Yeah you got it.

We can shrink the pic down for you and throw it in your signature. So when you wanna quote the Biden Bus to make fun of it, you can just reference your signature.
Whack9 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:45 pm
"Telling it like it is" is tantamount to whichever idiot has the biggest megaphone, I guess.

You were spot on, when you said that about Biden.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:24 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
This bus?
Yeah you got it.

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:45 pm
"Telling it like it is" is tantamount to whichever idiot has the biggest megaphone, I guess.

You were spot on, when you said that about Biden.
My man! I feel real honored to have a quote of my own making the final cut! 😍

I think vrede had one you quoted a few hundred times too.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Sounds like perseverating 1 FAT CAN is uber-sensitive about the media holding PINO accountable for the crybaby revenge firing of multi-admin beginning with Shrub, appointed IG by IMPOSPOTUS, Michael Atkinson for merely doing his job. Poor baby.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 pm
Meanwhile, sadly, Trump's poll figures are at their historic highs. Go figure. The man who stupidly de-funded out pandemic response team two years ago, who has consistently been wrong about the corona virus, and given bad medical advice, should be universally reviled.
About that...
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/expect-t ... 02475.html
(Expect Trump’s approval to rise, then fall)
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 pm
The 45SHOLE effect on the economy will get spun by both sides, and people will cut him some pandemic slack. Otoh, you can't put as much spin to the sick and dead numbers. If people feel that he downplayed that and/or made them worse, it'll be harder to hide from....
viewtopic.php?p=115010#p115010
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 am
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:16 am
DTs approval rating appears to be surging: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
I would take that with a grain of salt. POTUSes always do well early in a crisis. People want to be able to rally behind them. Whether that's sustainable and for how long depends on the crisis and the POTUS.
New Yahoo News/YouGov coronavirus poll shows Americans turning against Trump

With more than 400,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and 14,000 deaths in the United States, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that Americans are souring on President Trump’s leadership during the pandemic.

After a brief period during which some polls found more Americans approving of Trump's coronavirus response than not, half of them (50 percent) now disapprove, according to the Yahoo News/YouGov survey, compared to only 42 percent who approve. Among registered voters, that gap is even wider: 54 percent disapprove vs. 43 percent approve.

Likewise, only 38 percent of Americans are satisfied the Trump administration is doing everything it can to stop the virus; 47 percent say they are not satisfied. That spread — 9 percentage points — has more than doubled over the last two weeks.

The public figure who has earned the highest approval ratings for his work on the pandemic is Dr. Anthony Fauci, the infectious disease expert on the White House coronavirus task force....

Of those who have heard from the president in the last seven days, a full 56 percent rate his performance as either fair or poor. Wide majorities also believe the president is doing only a fair or poor job on a variety of leadership metrics, including unifying the country (59 percent fair or poor); organizing the government’s response (56 percent fair or poor); communicating with the public (55 percent fair or poor); listening to scientists (57 percent fair or poor); relating to problems faced by average Americans (58 percent fair or poor); and taking bold actions (53 percent fair or poor). Each of those ratings has worsened since the previous Yahoo News/YouGov poll was conducted in late March.

Part of the reason for that decline may be that Americans increasingly blame Trump for the vast scale of the U.S. coronavirus outbreak. Asked how much the president could have reduced the damage if he’d acted sooner, 65 percent said “a lot” (40 percent) or “somewhat” (25 percent). Only 36 percent said “slightly” (14 percent) or not at all (22 percent). Likewise, the percentage of Americans who say the Trump administration was not adequately prepared to deal with the deadly pathogen has risen from 51 percent a month ago to 63 percent today, while the percentage who say the administration was adequately prepared has fallen from 30 percent to 22 percent.

That’s a net shift of 20 percentage points — and it has been driven mostly by Republicans. One month ago, 15 percent of Republicans told Yahoo News and YouGov that the administration was not adequately prepared for the pandemic. Today, after the president has stopped dismissing the threat of the coronavirus and started predicting as many as 240,000 Americans could die from it, nearly twice as many Republicans (29 percent) think his administration did not adequately prepare.

More Americans than not — 45 percent to 32 percent — also say government officials should not encourage the use of hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug that could be deployed against COVID-19 but hasn’t been tested to show that it is effective or safe. Trump and others in the administration have advocated its use, although the doctors on the coronavirus task force have been more cautious. More than two-thirds (69 percent) think that Capt. Brett Crozier should not have been fired by acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly for demanding more help as the coronavirus spread through his ship. Trump called Crozier’s letter about the outbreak “terrible” and said he would “look into” the matter. Amid widespread criticism, Modly resigned on Tuesday.

As a result, Americans say their own governor has done a better job handling coronavirus than Trump by a margin of nearly two to one (47 percent to 24 percent). The president trails even in states with a Republican governor (20 percent to 38 percent). Overall, 49 percent of Americans say they trust Fauci more than Trump, versus only 21 percent who say they trust Trump more than Fauci. Among those who have heard from him over the last week, Fauci’s “excellent” or “good” performance rating is nearly twice as high (79 percent) as the president’s (43 percent).

The public also gives New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo high marks for his performance: 69 percent excellent or good. Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden doesn’t fare nearly as well; 39 percent call Biden’s performance excellent or good, versus 61 percent who call it poor or fair. Yet 42 percent of Americans say they trust Biden more than Trump to handle the coronavirus. Only 36 percent say the opposite.
Too bad about Biden's numbers, but it's just PR to fix since he has no power or responsibility for the crisis. Otoh, I don't see a path for PINO to recover.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Biden hasn't had much of a role, or any way to get one. He has no authority, and it wouldn't likely go well to constantly carp, and there's certainly not anything to support or praise.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 pm
Biden hasn't had much of a role, or any way to get one. He has no authority, and it wouldn't likely go well to constantly carp, and there's certainly not anything to support or praise.
He should figure out some way to contribute, maybe charity fundraising or a daily webcast for kids on history or govt. He could start with his experience crossing the Delaware with Gen Washington :D .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:40 pm
O Really wrote:
He should figure out some way to contribute, maybe charity fundraising or a daily webcast for kids on history or govt. He could start with his experience crossing the Delaware with Gen Washington :D .
That was just a myth. He actually crossed the Delaware Turnpike in a Lincoln.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:40 pm
O Really wrote:
That was just a myth. He actually crossed the Delaware Turnpike in a Lincoln.
That made me consider that if ever a car is named after trump, all the gauges will always give false readings, car would not be capable of making left turns, would not be able to stop, and has no reverse or any way to back up. Other than that, it would be "perfect."

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Shower thought (Hey, at least I took one today!),

Now that the pandemic curve appears to be flattening in NY and Ca. how long until the RWNJ's claim all the social distancing/economic shutdown was an unnecessary hoax to destroy our country?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:35 am
Shower thought (Hey, at least I took one today!),

Now that the pandemic curve appears to be flattening in NY and Ca. how long until the RWNJ's claim all the social distancing/economic shutdown was an unnecessary hoax to destroy our country?
Hasn't that been an ongoing right wing theme thang?

O Really
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Reconsidered since Trump immediately rolled out his anti-Biden ad.

Trash him, Joe! Trash him with his own vids and quotes. Play "I take no responsibility" every day. Play "{virus} is latest Democratic hoax" every day, along with "it's just a couple of Chinese is California - it'll be over by April." Get Bloomberg to pay for it.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 pm
O Really wrote:

Trash him, Joe! Trash him with his own vids and quotes. Play "I take no responsibility" every day. Play "{virus} is latest Democratic hoax" every day, along with "it's just a couple of Chinese is California - it'll be over by April." Get Bloomberg to pay for it.
Biden could add trump's little tweet (now appearing) in which trump lauds "Former POW Appreciation Day" and lavishes praise and a little flag waving bullshit to former POW's. But Biden can show how this tweet don't exactly go with trump's idiotic demeaning of John McCain back in 2016 when he squawked that McCain was not a war hero "because he got captured; I like people who weren't captured." Another of my favorite idiotic trump acts was when he mocked the disabled reporter by waving his arms around in a spastic type motion and babbled some more nonsense. It all serves to illustrate how trump belongs in a cage with other simians where he can do his tricks on a constant basis.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 pm
O Really wrote:

And don't just preach to the choir, do it on fox. embarrass their listeners for their bad choices. Had Hillary gotten 1% of the fox only crowd to research, and think for themselves, she would have won.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

For the past two days, the headline in the local newspaper has been that Ballad Health, a corporate medical entity that recently bought out or otherwise took control of virtually all hospitals in this area. is suddenly laying off 1,300 of their workers. I just think this is a scam for them to suck up some government money and think they should be investigated. But I'm sure as hell not gonna write Marsha Blackburn about it. That stupid attention seeking whore. She's probably the one who told them to do this.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Help me out here....

We're testing 150,000 people daily for CV, that number does not appear to be growing. On average between 17% and 20% result in positives giving us about 30,000 positive people per day.

If the tests do not increase in numbers, we're going to be stuck at 30,000 people per day making the curve look "flat" while it could and probably is anything but.

The numbers of new infected per day are complete horseshit.

Am I missing something?