2020 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2020 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

One of Trump's favorite pollsters shows his approval plummeting[/size]

President Trump’s approval rating has plummeted since late February, according to the Rasmussen daily tracking poll, which the president frequently cited during his first three years in office.

As of Wednesday, 42 percent of Americans told Rasmussen that they approved of the job Trump was doing as president, while 57 percent disapproved. On Feb. 25, four days before the first reported U.S. deaths from COVID-19, the poll reported that 52 percent of Americans approved of Trump’s job performance, while 47 percent disapproved. On Wednesday, the nation neared the 100,000th death from the virus.

While 42 percent approval is in line with the overall aggregation of polls tracking Trump’s approval rating, it is notable from Rasmussen, which tends to show more favorable numbers for Republicans and the president....
Haha, once PINO and the Trumpettes have lost Repug Rasmussen, they’ve lost the election.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I needed a pick me up.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:-||

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

RNC gives North Carolina until June 3 to approve convention plan

Governor Cooper, stand strong for public health. We North Carolinians don’t need filthy Repugs spreading disease with their unsafe practices. Let the move if they can’t act responsibly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Arizona Senate - McSally vs. Kelly

Con RCP Average: Mark Kelly (D) + 9 over appointed incumbent Martha McSally (R).

Lots can happen, but that’s approaching insurmountable.

4 seats to flip the Senate, 3 if Biden is POTUS. I don’t know if she’s the best VP pick, but how cool would it be to see Stacey Abrams breaking ties?

NC could flip 2 Senate seats!
Richard Burr (R) if he's indicted for insider trading and is convicted or forced to resign.
Cal Cunningham (D) if he beats incumbent Thom Tillis (R) in Nov.
RCP Average: Cunningham (D) +1

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Wow, George Will.

Trump must be removed. So must his congressional enablers.
Pretty heavy blow but pickle Rick damn right.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 pm
Subject: RNC - NO!

Dear Gov. Roy Cooper, Charlotte Mayor Vi Alexander Lyles, Rep. Chuck McGrady and Sen. Chuck Edwards,

Re: Trump warns he may move Republican convention site from NC
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-warns-may- ... 18437.html

It will be irresponsible, stupid and dangerous to hold the RNC here during a pandemic, and I don’t think it’s possible to enforce adequate safety measures.

This crazy idea just to boost Trump’s ego reminds me of:
Philadelphia Threw a WWI Parade That Gave Thousands of Onlookers the Flu
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 180970372/
“Within 72 hours of the parade, every bed in Philadelphia’s 31 hospitals was filled. In the week ending October 5, some 2,600 people in Philadelphia had died from the flu or its complications. A week later, that number rose to more than 4,500. With many of the city’s health professionals pressed into military service, Philadelphia was unprepared for this deluge of death.

Attempting to slow the carnage, city leaders essentially closed down Philadelphia. On October 3, officials shuttered most public spaces – including schools, churches, theaters and pool halls. But the calamity was relentless. Understaffed hospitals were crippled. Morgues and undertakers could not keep pace with demand. Grieving families had to bury their own dead. Casket prices skyrocketed. The phrase ‘bodies stacked like cordwood’ became a common refrain.”

FYI, I would be saying the exact same thing if it was the DNC - Cancel the NC RNC!

Sincerely,
(Vrede too), RN
North Carolina governor rejects GOP's demand for full-fledged convention

North Carolina's Democratic governor, Roy Cooper, on Tuesday rejected the GOP’s plans for a full-fledged convention in Charlotte, telling Republican officials the only way the event would move forward is with proper health protocols in place.

“The people of North Carolina do not know what the status of COVID-19 will be in August, so planning for a scaled-down convention with fewer people, social distancing and face coverings is a necessity," Cooper wrote in a letter to the Republican National Committee.

The letter is a rebuke of the fully-attended convention that the RNC and President Trump have been pushing for despite concerns about spread of the coronavirus. In previous meetings with the Democratic-led state administration, GOP officials made clear the president’s desire for a 50,000-person convention without social distancing or mask-wearing measures and full-capacity hotels, restaurants and bars....
:---P Hero. Public health > Repug crybabies

Many people are saying that Cooper was wavering but my email convinced him to do the right thing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

My bet

The repugs will agree with Cooper

and then ignore it all after the convention starts

We will have to wait and see
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:11 pm
My bet

The repugs will agree with Cooper

and then ignore it all after the convention starts

We will have to wait and see
I think they might move. Cooper has 2 1/2 months to plan for enforcement. Hopefully, he won't drop the ball.

I would love to see a bunch of public health nurses backed up by state troopers shut the whole thing down.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trumpettes online are claiming that the protests are ensuring PINO's reelection. I didn't believe them, but it was possible. America is that fucked up. Anyhow, nope:
George Floyd Protests Increase Support for Joe Biden Over Donald Trump: Poll

The George Floyd protests have made a plurality of voters more likely to vote for former Vice President Joe Biden in this year's presidential election, new polling data shows.

The latest survey from Morning Consult found that 45 percent of registered voters were more likely to vote for Biden—all-but-confirmed as the Democratic nominee—as a result of ongoing unrest sparked by the killing of Floyd in police custody last week.

By comparison, 31 percent said they were more likely to vote for Trump in November because of the protests. Eighteen percent said the protests would not impact their vote....

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That's an interesting survey - 538 thinks 90% of people have made up their minds. But I think if I were asked the question, what would I say? Real answer is "no change" because of my enthusiasm for voting for a three-legged chipmunk over Trump, but I might answer "more likely to vote for Biden" just to be able to express disapproval of Trump's latest antics.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Anyone that hasn't made up their mind is living under a rock.

It's Biden's to lose, just don't screw it up.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Just guessing, but I'm thinking the only people who think they haven't made up their minds would be the long-time traditional-ish Republicans who vote in every election and voted for Trump in 2016 just because he had an R beside his name. They don't like Trump, but he's still wearing that R. They may like the tax cut, and may even like some of the pretend de-regulation, but haven't seen any real positive results. They wish they had elected any of the other candidates from the clown car, but they got Trump. They're not necessarily against Biden per se, but are afraid of too many Democrats, particularly a majority in Congress and a Dem President. They'd like to get rid of Trump but keep control of at least the Senate, but realize that may not happen. Their stomach turns with the thought of clicking on the D, but with every tweet, shriek, and horrid decision, Trump becomes less acceptable.

Classic repel-repel conflict.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I could POSSIBLY vote 3rd party IF Biden really flubs AND IF NC is no longer purple. I can honestly say that PINO's screwing up this crisis has made me somewhat more tolerant of theoretical Biden flubs.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:37 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Just guessing, but I'm thinking the only people who think they haven't made up their minds would be the long-time traditional-ish Republicans who vote in every election and voted for Trump in 2016 just because he had an R beside his name. They don't like Trump, but he's still wearing that R. They may like the tax cut, and may even like some of the pretend de-regulation, but haven't seen any real positive results. They wish they had elected any of the other candidates from the clown car, but they got Trump. They're not necessarily against Biden per se, but are afraid of too many Democrats, particularly a majority in Congress and a Dem President. They'd like to get rid of Trump but keep control of at least the Senate, but realize that may not happen. Their stomach turns with the thought of clicking on the D, but with every tweet, shriek, and horrid decision, Trump becomes less acceptable.

Classic repel-repel conflict.
A lot could stay home or a write in protest vote is possible. Trump is gonna get his trumpaloons but not much more. I've got friends who were more repulsed by Hillary last cycle and stuck with R.

Not this time.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:39 pm
I could POSSIBLY vote 3rd party IF Biden really flubs AND IF NC is no longer purple. I can honestly say that PINO's screwing up this crisis has made me somewhat more tolerant of theoretical Biden flubs.
I could see of no circumstances that would make me vote for anyone who didn't have the best chance to beat Cheetohead.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:03 pm
Vrede too wrote:
I could see of no circumstances that would make me vote for anyone who didn't have the best chance to beat Cheetohead.
What could Biden possibly flub that would cost him my vote? Dunno, but being in jail on election day for cannibalism wouldn't do it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:12 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:03 pm
Vrede too wrote:
What could Biden possibly flub that would cost him my vote? Dunno, but being in jail on election day for cannibalism wouldn't do it.
Yuck 😝but yeah.