Animals

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Animals

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:48 pm
The science of creationism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_Encounter
Too funny.

My condolences for those who live near that monstrosity.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I may have mentioned this one or seven times, we had a smaller but possibly more insidious Dinosaur Adventure Land in Pensacola. Science denying piece of shit preacher, Kent Hovine, is out of prison and ready to prey on the minds of children again in his reopened Fun Park just across the state line.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

this piece of shit set up a dino-land type theme park in Pensacola. Being a real piece of shit, piece of shit Kent Hovine began by giving free tickets to pre-schools for his themed fun park (did I mention that he is a piece of shit) called Dinosaur Adventure Land. The literature described rides and games – loads of kiddie fun. The owner of my kid's day-care said she didn’t know much more, but had already told the kids and they were excited to go. I signed the permission form. My 3 year old son went.

It took several years of careful discussions to help my son understand that Dr. Dino was a lying piece of shit who used lies and deceit to trick children into believing ignorant fairy tales about men walking with dinosaurs but couldn’t fit them on the fucking (story stolen from the Persians) ark. I still hold this grudge.

This type of ignorance should have died out long ago.

Oh, did I mention, this piece of shit and his piece of shit wife went to prison – seems the IRS didn’t go along with why they were making so many $9,000.00 deposits, but weren’t paying any taxes on "god’s money".

This piece of shit is out of prison and preying on children again.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/09/alabama ... re_la.html

Piece of shit Kent is also suing the US government for seizing his Pensacola property and shutting down his kiddie propaganda fun land indoctrination kamp.
The lawsuit amount of over a half billion dollars was evidently pulled out of his piece of shit ass.

Yes, I am still pissed. Did I mention that Kent is a piece of shit for what he does to children?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:05 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:48 pm
The science of creationism.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark_Encounter
Too funny.

My condolences for those who live near that monstrosity.
Nearly a million incredibly stupid visitors per year and a great slogan too.
"It's bigger than imagination"
I'm betting that you can buy it on a bumper sticker.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

That shit about the dinosaurs not fitting on the ark is bullshit. Everybody knows that all dinosaurs were excellent and prolific swimmers. They had no reason to board the ark; they just swam alongside it. Flying dinosaurs also had no reason to board. They just flew above the rain clouds until things settled down.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 am
That shit about the dinosaurs not fitting on the ark is bullshit. Everybody knows that all dinosaurs were excellent and prolific swimmers. They had no reason to board the ark; they just swam alongside it. Flying dinosaurs also had no reason to board. They just flew above the rain clouds until things settled down.
Another space saver:
viewtopic.php?p=134575#p134575
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 am

It took several years of careful discussions to help my son understand that Dr. Dino was a lying piece of shit who used lies and deceit to trick children into believing ignorant fairy tales about men walking with dinosaurs but couldn’t fit them on the fucking (story stolen from the Persians) ark. I still hold this grudge.

What did Dr. Dino do/say to be more resolutely believable to your son than, say, Disney World or some other Dinosaur museum?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I remember seeing caveman/dinosaur movies when I was a kid. I don't remember any religious tinge to any of it, though. If there had been, I'd have fucking walked out.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:13 pm
I remember seeing caveman/dinosaur movies when I was a kid. I don't remember any religious tinge to any of it, though. If there had been, I'd have fucking walked out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:53 pm
Speaking of trans or non binary animals, we have a Karenasaurus Rex sighting.

More info:
Marjorie Taylor Greene escalates LGBTQ rights debate with attack on colleague's transgender daughter

... During the floor debate on the Equality Act, Greene made a motion to adjourn in an effort to block consideration of the bill because she claimed it would put the rights of transgender Americans above those of women and children, particularly when it comes to sports. “Biological women cannot compete against biological men,” she said. “Biological little girls cannot compete against biological little boys, and they shouldn’t have to.”

Earlier in the week, the freshman congresswoman, who was stripped of her committee memberships for promoting false and extremist views, called the Equality Act “a direct attack on God’s creation” that would ensure “men who dress and think they are women will have rights over all real girls and women.”
:confusion-scratchheadblue: No, whiny wingnut, YOU are inferior, not all women.
Newman, who is also a freshman congresswoman, gave an impassioned speech on the House floor in support of transgender rights.

“I rise today on behalf of the millions of Americans who continue to be denied housing, education, public services and much, much more because they identify as members of the LGBTQ community,” Newman said. “Americans like my own daughter, who years ago bravely came out to her parents as transgender. I knew from that day on, my daughter would be living in a nation where [in] most of its states, she could be discriminated against, merely because of who she is.”

... “This is sad and I’m sorry this happened,” Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., tweeted Wednesday night. “Rep. Newmans daughter is transgender, and this video and tweet represents the hate and fame driven politics of self-promotion at all evil costs. This garbage must end.”

“Your sign is incorrect because it’s not what the science says,” Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., wrote on Twitter. “‘The science is clear and conclusive: sex is not binary, transgender people are real.’”

At her weekly press conference on Capitol Hill Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called Greene’s stunt a “sad event” that illustrates the need for Congress to pass the Equality Act.

“It’s necessary,” Pelosi said. “I wish it weren’t. It breaks my heart that it is.”
Marjie's Motion to Adjourn Failed
yea: 199
nay: 219
not voting: 13
:---P
Democratic: Yeas 0, Nays 217, Not Voting 3
Republican: Yeas 199, Nays 2, Not Voting 10

Republican Nays:
Tom Rice (Myrtle Beach, SC)
John Rutherford (Jacksonville, FL)

The bipartisan 13 Not Voting included:
Boebert - Colorado
Gaetz - Florida
Kinzinger - Illinois :headscratch:
Reasons for Not Voting are not given.

Idk when the vote on the Equality Act will be. Perhaps today, otherwise the Motion to Adjourn seems silly. Did Marjie's hateful childishness make it more likely to pass?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:26 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:13 pm
:lol: Rev Fred

Religious? The subsequent mega-violence suggests so.

It was a religious experience for me.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Shooting the dog-walker and stealing the dogs is too despicable for words.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/lad ... olen-in-la

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:57 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:53 pm
Speaking of trans or non binary animals, we have a Karenasaurus Rex sighting.
More info:

Marjorie Taylor Greene escalates LGBTQ rights debate with attack on colleague's transgender daughter

:confusion-scratchheadblue: No, whiny wingnut, YOU are inferior, not all women.

Marjie's Motion to Adjourn Failed

Idk when the vote on the Equality Act will be. Perhaps today, otherwise the Motion to Adjourn seems silly. Did Marjie's hateful childishness make it more likely to pass?
Historic LGBTQ rights bill passes — after exposing GOP divisions

The House passed sweeping legislation on Thursday to ban discrimination against people based on sexual orientation and gender identity, delivering a major victory to the LGBTQ community — while exposing an ugly rift in the GOP.

The Equality Act, which would amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act to provide protections for LGBTQ individuals, garnered unanimous support from House Democrats on its way to approval on a 224-206 vote. Three Republicans crossed party lines to join Democrats to endorse the bill, less than half of the number of GOP votes the measure got the last time it came to the floor.

But some Republicans worry that this week's controversial antics from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who harassed Rep. Marie Newman (D-Ill.) over her transgender daughter, have stomped on their attempts to sensitively communicate why they are opposed to the LGBTQ rights bill. Most Republicans say they oppose the measure due to its perceived infringement on religious freedom, not out of discriminatory sentiment toward LGBTQ people — a fine line that Greene has effectively erased.

The Greene-Newman incident has revived a thorny issue for the GOP, which has wrestled over its stance on gay marriage and battled accusations that it's not inclusive or protective of LGBTQ rights. Just last year, former Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.) was censured by his state party for officiating a same-sex marriage; he wound up losing his primary race.
"Tell me you’re a bigot (party) without saying you’re a bigot."
... For Democrats, Greene’s comments about Newman’s daughter only underscore the importance of passing the LGBTQ rights bill, which is unlikely to pass the Senate in its current form. Advocates for the LGBTQ community argue that the sort of federal protections the bill would enshrine are long overdue, especially because more than half of states in the U.S. lack explicit legal protections for those discriminated against on the basis of sexuality or gender identity.

“When you tell people that in a majority of states in this country, you can either be kicked out of your apartment, fired from your job, or denied service in a restaurant because you're gay or in the LGBTQ community, people think that can't be true,” Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), the lead House co-sponsor of the bill, told POLITICO in an interview.

The LGBTQ rights bill would ban discrimination in various areas, including the workplace, housing and education, in addition to federally funded programs. The legislation also would expand the 1964 bill to cover public accommodations to include places like shopping malls, sports arenas, and even websites....

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has promised that the legislation will get a floor vote “at exactly the right time.” But it will need 10 Senate Republican votes in order to beat back a GOP filibuster. That won't be easy: Most Republicans, as well as some religious groups, warn that the LGBTQ rights bill would chip at religious liberty protections, leading to lengthy and pricey court battles.
Assholes, there is no "religious liberty" to practice bigotry.
... The three Republicans who supported the LGBTQ rights bill were Reps. John Katko of New York, Tom Reed of New York and Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania....

One GOP lawmaker privately dismissed Greene's behavior as nothing more than attention-seeking, especially after she was stripped from her committee assignments over her behavior before offering an apology widely perceived as half-hearted at best.

But other Republicans went further, expressing worry that Greene’s shenanigans could be a drag on the GOP and turn off the young, moderate and independent voters who will be crucial in the 2022 midterms and beyond.

"This is sad and I'm sorry this happened. Rep. Newman's daughter is transgender," tweeted Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), who noted that "this garbage must end" in order to restore the GOP. Greene's decision to antagonize Newman "represents the hate and fame driven politics of self-promotion at all evil costs," he wrote....

The GOP’s potential political problems on the issue of LGBTQ rights are hardly limited to the raucous House. Across the Capitol, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) went after Dr. Rachel Levine, Biden’s pick for assistant secretary of health, who's poised to become the first ever openly transgender official confirmed by the Senate.

Paul, an ophthalmologist, pushed Levine on her views on medical care for transgender teens, claiming hormone therapy leads to “women with beards” and alleging that young transgender people are “confused."

Levine, a pediatrician by training, responded calmly that transgender health care is “complex and nuanced” and offered to meet with Paul privately to walk through the issue. He responded that she did not answer the question and said he’s “alarmed” by her support for medical care for transgender minors.

Chair Patty Murray (D-Wash.) rebuked Paul a few minutes later for making “ideological and harmful misrepresentations” and told the whole panel to stick to questions about the nominee’s professional qualifications.

“It is critical to me that our nominees be treated with respect,” she said.
:---P

Vote Question: On Passage
Equality Act

Yea: 224, every Dem + 3 Repubs
Nay: 206, all Repugs
Not Voting: 2
Boebert, Republican, Colorado
Young, Republican, Alaska
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:31 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 am

What did Dr. Dino do/say to be more resolutely believable to your son than, say, Disney World or some other Dinosaur museum?
The had a presentation and movie showing men and dinosaurs together. There were also fossil exhibits and "real" Dino and man footprints side by side in stone.

We tried not to make a big fuss, but there were a several years where he got very defensive if the subject came up.
He fully recovered and has a better understanding of propaganda than most.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:47 pm

Could it have been an inside job?

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:

Indeed.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 am
O Really wrote:

I guess it could have, if the dogs were to be ransomed, but no demand occurred and Lady GG offered a huge reward for their return anyway. But if they were just scum-bags out to steal some dogs to sell, they made a poor choice. Nobody is going to touch a french bulldog for a while without making sure it's not one of these. Or, as you implied, it might have nothing to do with the dogs - just somebody wanting to hurt Lady GG.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 am
O Really wrote:

I guess it could have, if the dogs were to be ransomed, but no demand occurred and Lady GG offered a huge reward for their return anyway. But if they were just scum-bags out to steal some dogs to sell, they made a poor choice. Nobody is going to touch a french bulldog for a while without making sure it's not one of these. Or, as you implied, it might have nothing to do with the dogs - just somebody wanting to hurt Lady GG.
I saw on the evening news last night that the female dog of the pair ran away from the dognapper, and has been recovered.

The male is still unaccounted for.

You'd think whoever took him would jump for the $500,000 reward.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:12 am

You'd think whoever took him would jump for the $500,000 reward.
Sure, if it was $5,000 or $10,000. That would be nothing for Lady GG, but a pretty good haul for a half-hour of dognapping. But $500K is a lot, and I'd think there would be suspicion of traps involved. Criminals aren't always very bright, but the ones not in jail are often paranoid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:

Update:

Lady Gaga's dogs recovered safely after theft, shooting

It was 3 dogs, 2 stolen, none hurt.
No arrests yet.
An unnamed woman may be in line for the reward.
Something tells me that the hero dog walker won't have to walk dogs for a living anymore.
1312. ETTD.