Benghazi Revisited

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Supsalemgr
Major

Benghazi Revisited

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/lawma ... iew/nTZQ2/

The report is now out. The State Department must take the responsibility for the failure to protect our citizens in Benghazi. I am not suggesting Mrs. Clinton is "faking it", but her illness is certainly well timed so she cannot testify before Congress.

I found the below paragraph particularly interesting.

"In the immediate aftermath of the attack, administration officials linked the attack to the spreading protests over an American-made, anti-Islamic film that had begun in Cairo earlier that day. Those comments came after evidence already pointed to a distinct militant attack. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on numerous TV talk shows the Sunday after the attack and used the administration talking points linking it to the film. An ensuing brouhaha in the heat of the presidential campaign eventually led her to withdraw her name from consideration to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton as secretary of state in President Barack Obama's second term.

In spite of evidence otherwise Susan Rice was provided the WH talking points. This once again raises the question. "Who gave her these talking points in the WH?"

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Benghazi Revisited

Unread post by Stinger »

Did you hear the initial reports out of Sandy Hook that the principal let the gunman in (carrying assault rifles) because she knew him because his mother taught at the school?

Not true. His mother didn't work at the school, and the principal died trying to stop him.

That happened in Connecticut. We have pretty good media access in Connecticut, and it was a school shooting by one guy on a day when nothing much happened.

The Benghazi attack occurred in Libya, at night, at different locations, over several hours. We don't have good media access in Libya. We don't have good and free intel access, either.

This was not an isolated incident -- there were tens of thousands of Muslims protesting in dozens of countries around the world that day. Initial claims of militia involvement came from a Facebook posting. It was discounted by better intel. There were also initial reports -- legitimate -- that the attack was in response to the video, just like the dozens of other protests around the world on that same day.

That was what the most credible evidence suggested. It still is.

No one published a "This is what we did, and this is why we did it" manifesto. We do know that most of what the rightwing nutjobs initially came up with was totally false. There was no "parading" of Ambassador Stevens' body in the street, etc.

Some people are simply unable to grasp the very simple concept that an attack because of a video and an a attack by a militia are not mutually exclusive: A militia could very easily get pissed off because of a video and go attack someone.

But continue on with your cockamamie conspiracy theories. There's room on your shelf, right by the Kenyan birth certificate and the Fast and Furious White House conspiracy.

Supsalemgr
Major

Feel free to deny the incompetence and pure political nature of the event and coverup.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Supsalemgr wrote:"Those comments came after evidence already pointed to a distinct militant attack. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on numerous TV talk shows the Sunday after the attack and used the administration talking points linking it to the film"
It's already established that her comments were consistent with what United States intelligence services told her. She even qualified her comments with "We'll want to see the results of [an FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions." Your article says nothing to dispute this.
Supsalemgr wrote:In spite of evidence otherwise Susan Rice was provided the WH talking points. This once again raises the question. "Who gave her these talking points in the WH?"
Once again, you lie. With no facts to back how you want things to be, you're simply making stuff up.
Supsalemgr wrote:Feel free to deny the incompetence and pure political nature of the event and coverup.
Feel free to continue living in your wingnut fantasy world. But don't expect other's to buy into your fantasies.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Supsalemgr wrote:http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/lawma ... iew/nTZQ2/

The report is now out. The State Department must take the responsibility for the failure to protect our citizens in Benghazi. I am not suggesting Mrs. Clinton is "faking it", but her illness is certainly well timed so she cannot testify before Congress.

I found the below paragraph particularly interesting.

"In the immediate aftermath of the attack, administration officials linked the attack to the spreading protests over an American-made, anti-Islamic film that had begun in Cairo earlier that day. Those comments came after evidence already pointed to a distinct militant attack. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on numerous TV talk shows the Sunday after the attack and used the administration talking points linking it to the film. An ensuing brouhaha in the heat of the presidential campaign eventually led her to withdraw her name from consideration to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton as secretary of state in President Barack Obama's second term.

In spite of evidence otherwise Susan Rice was provided the WH talking points. This once again raises the question. "Who gave her these talking points in the WH?"
:lol: Incredible, just incredible. When will you tell us about the big conspiracy to take guns away and how the school massacre was planned to serve just that purpose? And don't forget to throw in your galactically insane explanation as well. We'll wait.

Supsalemgr
Major

rstrong wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:"Those comments came after evidence already pointed to a distinct militant attack. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on numerous TV talk shows the Sunday after the attack and used the administration talking points linking it to the film"
It's already established that her comments were consistent with what United States intelligence services told her. She even qualified her comments with "We'll want to see the results of [an FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions." Your article says nothing to dispute this.
Supsalemgr wrote:In spite of evidence otherwise Susan Rice was provided the WH talking points. This once again raises the question. "Who gave her these talking points in the WH?"
Once again, you lie. With no facts to back how you want things to be, you're simply making stuff up.

Dumdas that is a quote from the story, not mine. Keep up.
Supsalemgr wrote:Feel free to deny the incompetence and pure political nature of the event and coverup.
Feel free to continue living in your wingnut fantasy world. But don't expect other's to buy into your fantasies.
You guys feel free to shoot the messenger as I just posted the article. Now I am off to pad my bank account and leave this thread for a lib circle jerk today.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Supsalemgr wrote:You guys feel free to shoot the messenger as I just posted the article.
I have no criticism of the article. It's the wingnuttery that you wrap around it that I'm mocking.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Conformtrooper wrote:Feel free to deny the incompetence and pure political nature of the event and coverup.

Obi-Fox: [with a small wave of hand] Gun Violence isn't a problem.
Conformtrooper: Gun Violence isn't a problem.
Obi-Fox: These aren't the assault weapons you're looking for.
Conformtrooper: These aren't the assault weapons we're looking for.
Obi-Fox: Benghazi is the real story.
Conformtrooper: Benghazi is the REAL story.
Obi-Fox: Sing along .. ..
Conformtrooper: Sing along .. .. Sing along .. ..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

It would seem the big conspiracy is over; at least for now. I just read that Eric Boswell, Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security has resigned because of the criticism the State Department was given in the Benghazi report. Charlene Lamb, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security, and an "unnamed" official in the State Department's Near East Affairs Department also resigned. I suppose now Supermanger will declare these three to be sacrifical lambs offered up instead of the "real" villians, and that the "conspiracy" lives on in some other nefarious and ill defined form somewhere else. :o

Supsalemgr
Major

neoplacebo wrote:It would seem the big conspiracy is over; at least for now. I just read that Eric Boswell, Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security has resigned because of the criticism the State Department was given in the Benghazi report. Charlene Lamb, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security, and an "unnamed" official in the State Department's Near East Affairs Department also resigned. I suppose now Supermanger will declare these three to be sacrifical lambs offered up instead of the "real" villians, and that the "conspiracy" lives on in some other nefarious and ill defined form somewhere else. :o
PBO said it, I didn't. I wonder why that thought would come to him?

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Supsalemgr wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:I suppose now Supermanger will declare these three to be sacrifical lambs offered up instead of the "real" villians, and that the "conspiracy" lives on in some other nefarious and ill defined form somewhere else. :o
?? He's seen you conspiracy nuts in action before ..?? just a guess. .. ...
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Supsalemgr wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:It would seem the big conspiracy is over; at least for now. I just read that Eric Boswell, Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security has resigned because of the criticism the State Department was given in the Benghazi report. Charlene Lamb, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security, and an "unnamed" official in the State Department's Near East Affairs Department also resigned. I suppose now Supermanger will declare these three to be sacrifical lambs offered up instead of the "real" villians, and that the "conspiracy" lives on in some other nefarious and ill defined form somewhere else. :o
The hunter is correct; anyone with a modicum of intelligence can play you like a fiddle. Sorry to have stolen your next big moment.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Most folks can figure out that immediately following many emergency events, it takes a
while for things to get straightened out. As Stinger pointed out, there were mistakes
made early in the Newtown, Ct. story. One source named the gunman's brother as
the person committing the act. So imagine the difficulty of getting the story correct in
Benghazi. Of course nutjobbers aren't most folks. :crazy:

Supsalemgr
Major

neoplacebo wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:
The hunter is correct; anyone with a modicum of intelligence can play you like a fiddle. Sorry to have stolen your next big moment.
I consider it was 180 degrees on who is playing who. Libs are so easy to agitate.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Feel free to deny the wingnut lies and distortions and and tales of an imaginary coverup that permeated the aftermath in yet another failed attempt to tar Obama with a desperate, delusional brush . . . most of those said lies and distortions still believed by Soupy Sales, the gullible cheerleader.
Last edited by Stinger on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Supsalemgr wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:
I consider it was 180 degrees on who is playing who. Libs are so easy to agitate.
See? That's why you're always 180 degrees wrong; hell, you never know what I'm liable to say about any given subject, but as I noted earlier, anyone with any intelligence can work you like a machine, manipulate you and pretty much predict what stupid shit you'll come back with....you're consistent; I'm unpredictable. You don't agitate me or aggravate me; you're a cultural anomaly to me....funny and something to poke at and laugh at. Keep it up. You're almost as funny as that pseudo agent Leo Lie On.

Supsalemgr
Major

Libs are so emotional and always answer in the second person. I try to make it a point to respond in the third person so as to make my responses non personal.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Supsalemgr wrote:Libs are so emotional and always answer in the second person. I try to make it a point to respond in the third person so as to make my responses non personal.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
And some of us consider a forum to be a form of conversation.

Supsalemgr
Major

That is a nice idea. Could O Really counsel with some of his fellow libs as to the protocol. I suggest starting with Vrede, Stinger and PBO. I wish O Really luck with that endeavor.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Supsalemgr wrote:That is a nice idea. Could O Really counsel with some of his fellow libs as to the protocol. I suggest starting with Vrede, Stinger and PBO. I wish O Really luck with that endeavor.
Here's protocol. I talk to you. You talk to me. You act like an adult and back up what you say with accurate sources, you get treated like an adult. You admit you're wrong when the facts show you to be, you get treated like an adult.

You go full retard or insist that Fox News/ Rush Blimpbaugh soundbites trump the facts, you get called on it and ridiculed. Then you whine and play the victim card.

Why should we baby you? Aren't you Pubs supposed to be all about personal responsibility and being held accountable for your own actions?