Sedition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Sedition

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:32 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:43 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:47 pm
When a wingnut comes along, you must whip it. Hawley should be dropped off in a jungle somewhere. He's out of control except to the people who give him money. And he looks like he got his head caught in a vise.
As with Goofy Gaetz, who also attacked SoD Austin for supposedly not being tough enough, Josh Hawley has zero military experience. Just another couple of sleazy RepuQ chickenhawks. Gee, do you think Austin's blackness has anything to do with it?
Yeah, this month is "pile on any black person in authority" month for the GQP. The other day it was Justice Jackson, now Secretary Austin. I can't think of any other black people in the administration right off, but if they're there, they're next.
Besides the Vice President? :lol:

Also, Linda Thomas Greenfield and more.

https://newsone.com/playlist/joe-biden- ... ck-people/
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:37 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:43 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:47 pm
When a wingnut comes along, you must whip it. Hawley should be dropped off in a jungle somewhere. He's out of control except to the people who give him money. And he looks like he got his head caught in a vise.
As with Goofy Gaetz, who also attacked SoD Austin for supposedly not being tough enough, Josh Hawley has zero military experience. Just another couple of sleazy RepuQ chickenhawks. Gee, do you think Austin's blackness has anything to do with it?
Yeah, this month is "pile on any black person in authority" month for the GQP. The other day it was Justice Jackson, now Secretary Austin. I can't think of any other black people in the administration right off, but if they're there, they're next.

Also, Linda Thomas Greenfield.
Doh! It's still early. Notice I didn't try to weasel out of this by posting that "well, they've been after her pretty constantly since before the election" or some other useless rationale.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:41 pm

Doh! It's still early. Notice I didn't try to weasel out of this by posting that "well, they've been after her pretty constantly since before the election" or some other useless rationale.
I did notice that.

Nice job adulting.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:37 pm

Naaa, she's "blackish" at most. Why haven't the cultural police attacked the practice of calling bi- or multi-racial people "black" if Africa is in the mix? Yeah, I know - Harris refers to herself as "African American" but it still doesn't make it right. That practice is old and as racist as Klansmen.
To be considered black in the United States not even half of one's ancestry must be African black. But will one-fourth do, or one-eighth, or less? The nation's answer to the question 'Who is black?" has long been that a black is any person with any known African black ancestry. This definition reflects the long experience with slavery and later with Jim Crow segregation. In the South it became known as the "one-drop rule,'' meaning that a single drop of "black blood" makes a person a black. It is also known as the "one black ancestor rule," some courts have called it the "traceable amount rule," and anthropologists call it the "hypo-descent rule," meaning that racially mixed persons are assigned the status of the subordinate group. This definition emerged from the American South to become the nation's definition, generally accepted by whites and blacks. Blacks had no other choice. As we shall see, this American cultural definition of blacks is taken for granted as readily by judges, affirmative action officers, and black protesters as it is by Ku Klux Klansmen.
Tiger Woods is multi-racial, " In 2002, ESPN claimed: "For the record, he is one-quarter Thai, one-quarter Chinese, one-quarter Caucasian, one-eighth African American and one-eighth Native American." And does anybody refer to him as anything other than Black?

More offensive than the name of a football team or a ski resort, but where's the outrage?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Next year the Wall Street crowd will start a campaign to stop referring to making profits as "being in the black" but they've not decided what to call it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:51 pm

More offensive than the name of a football team or a ski resort, but where's the outrage?
Bunch of mutts!🐶

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:58 pm
Next year the Wall Street crowd will start a campaign to stop referring to making profits as "being in the black" but they've not decided what to call it.
No more "Black Friday"!

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
No more "Black Friday"!
No more Bethpage Black course!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

What if I go to a bar and want a black and tan?

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:13 pm
What if I go to a bar and want a black and tan?
Nope. And none of those coon hounds, either.

O Really
Admiral

Can't believe they're mostly letting go those clowns who were going to kidnap MI Gov Whitmer. Basically, the "we're too stupid to really make something like this work and were just bullshitting ourselves" defence worked.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60999431

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Kamala is always their go-to if it's a slow week.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:20 pm
Can't believe they're mostly letting go those clowns who were going to kidnap MI Gov Whitmer. Basically, the "we're too stupid to really make something like this work and were just bullshitting ourselves" defence worked.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of weird. I mean, what does it take? Apparently Michigan is a place where you can run around with big guns and talk about and even plan and rehearse big insurrection and not be charged. Well, goddamn. I guess they'll be kicking the free lunch kids out of school next.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:12 pm
O Really wrote:

Yeah, I thought that was kind of weird. I mean, what does it take? Apparently Michigan is a place where you can run around with big guns and talk about and even plan and rehearse big insurrection and not be charged. Well, goddamn. I guess they'll be kicking the free lunch kids out of school next.
But not the free lunch kids who bring guns to school...

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
What's wrong with "We're in the money"?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:

On the one hand I wanted to see these RW assholes locked up. However, their claims reminded me of gullible Muslim and lefty supposed wannabe terrorists that really were too stupid and gullible to be a threat absent entrapment and manipulation by the FBI. I haven't studied this case, but it may be more of a win for civil liberties than it is a victory for rightwingnuttery.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Pointless, as usual.

Don't even have to read it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:41 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Kamala is always their go-to if it's a slow week.
Opps, GoCubsGo beat me to it by a couple of hours :oops: . I didn't notice the new page. Sorry neoplacebo, I didn't mean to pile on.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
O Really wrote:

On the one hand I wanted to see these RW assholes locked up. However, their claims reminded me of gullible Muslim and lefty supposed wannabe terrorists that really were too stupid and gullible to be a threat absent entrapment and manipulation by the FBI. I haven't studied this case, but it may be more of a win for civil liberties than it is a victory for rightwingnuttery.
Anybody that stupid needs to be shut down for stupidity, whether or not their speech was protected. BTW, did anybody notice what race the defendants were?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:51 pm
Naaa, she's "blackish" at most. Why haven't the cultural police attacked the practice of calling bi- or multi-racial people "black" if Africa is in the mix? Yeah, I know - Harris refers to herself as "African American" but it still doesn't make it right. That practice is old and as racist as Klansmen.

Tiger Woods is multi-racial, " In 2002, ESPN claimed: "For the record, he is one-quarter Thai, one-quarter Chinese, one-quarter Caucasian, one-eighth African American and one-eighth Native American." And does anybody refer to him as anything other than Black?

:headscratch: Obama was frequently attacked by right-wingers as not being a "real" Black given his White mother.