Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:59 am
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:42 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:55 am
Yeppers, there's some certified moon-howling drooling loonies up there. We've seen some when we've stopped off around Redding. Looks like the inmates are taking over the asylum.
And yet you're lucky enough that California is a BLUE state.

Unlike most of the states the BRD faithful reside in.
I think you're overdoing a bit on this red/blue schtick. If you live in Redding or Bakersfield, it doesn't matter that California is mostly blue, defined largely by relatively recent election results, because from a cultural/socio-political standpoint, you might as well live in Texas. In fact, if you're a liberal-leaning sort of person, living in Austin TX is better than Bakersfield or Redding.
The simple fact remains is that a majority of California voters favor the liberal/left side of the block. And there are plenty of state laws that favor the left side that EVERYONE in California has to abide by, regardless of what local community they live.

Of course, we do have Solar and his Toy.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:07 pm

The simple fact remains is that a majority of California voters favor the liberal/left side of the block. And there are plenty of state laws that favor the left side that EVERYONE in California has to abide by, regardless of what local community they live.

Of course, we do have Solar and his Toy.
Yes, one of the many things I like about California is that while the state is not without its loons, they don't usually get to run the place. But the reason California is, overall, "blue" is because so large a percentage of the population lives in the cities. There's a lot of the state north of you that isn't so blue - it's just that not many people live there so their impact is lower. Most of the major cities in, for example, North Carolina are blue also, including Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, and of course bright blue Asheville. However, there are more people who live in the rural-ish areas proportionately than in California, so they have more power and can control the legislature despite being a minority. Current registration in NC is:

2,537,032 or 36% were registered Democrat;
2,344,632 or 33% were registered unaffiliated;
2,104,881 or 30% were registered Republican; and
47,334 or 0.7% were registered to another party

So even though the moon-barking drooling Neanderthals control the NC legislature and pass a lot of stupid stuff, the population of the state isn't as "red" as you think, and particularly if you live in one of the cities.

Blue-ness can be lost pretty easily, too - ask Virginia. And 30 year ago, California voted Republican in the Presidential race and had a Republican governor as recently as 2006. And we've got McCarthy, Nunes, Issa, et. al. And a bunch of people who wanted to boot Newsom over taking reasonable steps to control a major health issue.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:07 pm
( :crybaby: )
viewtopic.php?p=155073#p155073
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:47 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:05 pm
Too bad people like sanctimonious useless won't go. He might learn something.
:laughing-rolling: You're such a dreamer. Useless learn something, that's a good one!

... People smarter than racist Useless will probably learn that slavery and racism are national disgraces, not ones that can be cheapened by petty and moronic modern regional chauvinism.
O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:55 pm
:lol: :lol: :clap: "...petty and moronic modern regional chauvinism."
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A San Diego Man...

Ashli Babbitt’s brother accused of assaulting, hurling slurs at Latino road worker

A brother of Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was fatally shot by an officer during the Capital riot, is accused of yelling racial slurs and assaulting a Latino traffic controller in San Diego.

Roger Stefan Witthoeft Jr. was arraigned last week on charges of committing battery, with a hate crime enhancement, and violating the victim’s constitutional rights by threat of force, San Diego City Attorney Mara W. Elliott announced....

The incident happened in September, when a San Diego Gas & Electric worker told Witthoeft that he would need to take a detour, authorities said.

Witthoeft "exited his pickup truck and verbally and physically confronted the worker, a Latino man," said a statement from Elliott's office.
Over a detour? :angry-banghead:
"Witnesses told police that Witthoeft shouted a number of racial slurs at the worker, as well as variations on, ‘Why don’t you talk in English you ... immigrant?’ and ‘Go back to your country you ... immigrant,’” the statement said.

Prosecutors said witnesses also told investigators that Witthoeft challenged the worker to fight him and then shoved the worker and swung at him.

Witthoeft's trial is scheduled for next month. The Union-Tribune reported that he is being represented by a public defender....
Ashli's brother gets a welfare lawyer, figures. He looks smart ;) :

Lock him up.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

He looks like he's coming off a Vivarium binge. I wonder if he's a bus driver who can sort out crazies from the crowd.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: A San Diego Man...

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:16 pm
He looks like he's coming off a Vivarium binge. I wonder if he's a bus driver who can sort out crazies from the crowd.
Unlike that BART station bus driver.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:25 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:16 pm
Unlike that BART station bus driver.
A little bird that survived the hummingbird wire told me that the alleged bus driver was an imposter. A fucking wannabe bus driver. He had a bus driver fetish, uniform,and hat but his motives were unclear. It was believed he intended to steal a bus and bus on as far as busing would take him. It is also believed he intended to take advantage in any way possible of the random unlucky passengers on his "bus." In fact, he was scouting for passengers on his magic bus when he encountered Useless, rejected him, and took the crazy person by mistake.....a double mistake.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:41 pm
Blue-ness can be lost pretty easily, too - ask Virginia. And 30 year ago, California voted Republican in the Presidential race and had a Republican governor as recently as 2006. And we've got McCarthy, Nunes, Issa, et. al. And a bunch of people who wanted to boot Newsom over taking reasonable steps to control a major health issue.
Well, Ronald Reagan was California's governor the whole time I was an undergrad at the University of California. He was not popular with the student body, at least not most of it. And his govenorship did come during the time of a lot of social unrest, primarily about the Vietnam War and racial discrimination. That said, he may have been a better US President than, say, Donald Trump. But that's not saying much.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:37 pm
... In fact, he was scouting for passengers on his magic bus when he encountered Useless, rejected him, and took the crazy person by mistake.....a double mistake.
It was one crazy person vs another. :crazy: :crazy:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:44 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:
Well, Ronald Reagan was California's governor the whole time I was an undergrad at the University of California. He was not popular with the student body, at least not most of it. And his govenorship did come during the time of a lot of social unrest, primarily about the Vietnam War and racial discrimination. That said, he may have been a better US President than, say, Donald Trump. But that's not saying much.
Ronald Reagan looked like a bus driver. He should have been a bus driver. He was also governor when I was about thirteen years old and thousands of miles removed from his stupid plastic ass.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:13 pm
Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:
Ronald Reagan looked like a bus driver. He should have been a bus driver. He was also governor when I was about thirteen years old and thousands of miles removed from his stupid plastic ass.
That's an insult to bus drivers, guy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tennessee Man

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:13 pm
:D

TN Republican's Young Wife Raises SERIOUS Questions

:o

Wiki:
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, now. I may just have to write to Rose and convey some of my thoughts about this to him. And it would seem that this guy is my sister and brother in law's Congressional representative and I'm sure they like him. He probably calls himself a Christian, too. I plan on exploring that aspect when I write.
neotip: an offensive rose gets a punch in the nose

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:14 am
Well, now. I may just have to write to Rose and convey some of my thoughts about this to him. And it would seem that this guy is my sister and brother in law's Congressional representative and I'm sure they like him. He probably calls himself a Christian, too. I plan on exploring that aspect when I write.
neotip: an offensive rose gets a punch in the nose
No one should watch that shit before breakfast.

:puke-left: :puke-left:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The guy's not the first person to have a wife/girlfriend 25 years younger, but this relationship, if described accurately, seems pretty icky from the start.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:04 am
Cause that's the way we do it in Texas!

Texas man fatally shoots neighbor, continues yard work after disputes over dog, officials say
"We"?

I thought you lived in Michigan...

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:35 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Texas man fatally shoots neighbor, continues yard work after disputes over dog, officials say
"We"?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:35 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

"We"?

You fail comprehension, again. It's a rhetorical flourish.
You fail geography and memory, again. Neither Texas nor Michigan.
1312. ETTD.