The Cinema Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Cinema Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:23 pm
The smack is extreme, but it is pretty rude of Rock to joke about a medical condition, and kinda stupid to do so to their very proximate faces.

Why Will Smith Smacked Chris Rock on Stage at the Oscars After Jada Pinkett-Smith Joke ...
O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:47 pm
Jada has alopecia, and is now all bald. Rock made a reference to her as "GI Jane 2". And that wasn't his first dig at her - he did it back in '16. Bad taste, unnecessarily cruel, even for a comic like Rock.
Whether funny or not, the 2016 joke wasn't about a medical condition. Fair game IMO.
... This is not the first time that Rock has joked about Pinkett Smith at the Oscars. In 2016, Rock was hosting the show and took a jab at Pinkett Smith in his opening monologue. “Jada says she’s not coming. Protesting. I’m like, ‘Ain’t she on a TV show?’” he said, referring to Pinkett-Smith’s decision to boycott the ceremony due to the lack of diversity in nominees, via The Hollywood Reporter. “Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn’t invited! Oh, that’s not an invitation I would turn down!”

Pinkett Smith responded to that joke to paparazzi while at the airport. “Hey, look, it comes with the territory. We gotta keep it moving,” she said. “We got a lot of stuff we gotta handle, a lot of stuff going on in our world right now. We gotta keep it moving.”
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:47 pm
Jada has alopecia, and is now all bald. Rock made a reference to her as "GI Jane 2". And that wasn't his first dig at her - he did it back in '16. Bad taste, unnecessarily cruel, even for a comic like Rock.
I don't think the 2016 dig was a huge deal, but I'm not an egotistical Hollywood type.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jad ... p_catchall
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:45 pm
Ummm, MY contribution, which you can see since GoCubsGo quoted me, FULLY explains it. Get a 4th grader to help you out.
Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:54 pm
( :crybaby: )
Your pussy tantrums when you're too stupid to comprehend what's been posted and you read are a scream!
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:54 pm
(signature: blkd/today
obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.

viewtopic.php?p=162592&hilit=4th+grader#p162592
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:37 pm
Get a 4th grader to explain "blkd/day" to you.
:laughing-rolling: You read my post, something you lie about never doing, changed your signature and still fuckedup.

Also, get a 4th grader to explain to you that 'blkd per today' is gibberish.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:25 am
( :crybaby: )
Cellar bait. Good luck with that.
viewtopic.php?p=162616#p162616

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:36 pm
... I hope Rock is OK, and Smith should get charged for assault and battery....
Smith won Best Actor 45 minutes later :crazy: . That's like a strained cinema plot device.

He apologized to everyone other than Rock, who has not filed charges over the slap, Useless. Should he?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:32 am
Ulysses wrote:
Smith won Best Actor 45 minutes later :crazy: . That's like a strained cinema plot device.

He apologized to everyone other than Rock, who has not filed charges over the slap, Useless. Should he?
Wouldn't you have liked it if someone had done that to trump for making fun of the reporter with MS?

There are some places you don't go.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:40 am
Wouldn't you have liked it if someone had done that to trump for making fun of the reporter with MS?

There are some places you don't go.
Yep, I would have liked it, a lot. Or MTGWTF? zapped with a Jewish laser for several expressed bigotries. Excellent comparison.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

#OscarsSoFight
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

He apologized to everyone other than Rock, who has not filed charges over the slap, Useless. Should he (file charges)?
Will Smith apologizes to Chris Rock for Oscars slap, says he was 'wrong' and 'out of line'
Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable," Smith wrote on Instagram. "Jokes at my expense are part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally. I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions are not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.

I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world," Smith continued. "I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us. I am a work in progress.

sincerely,
Will.

:o :lol: :---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Be like.....

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:40 am
Be like.....
:D

You knew that someone would do it, no surprise it's her :roll: :
Jeanine Pirro Takes Racist Swipe At Will Smith's Slap Of Chris Rock
The Fox News host spun the Oscars moment into a ridiculous commentary on the film industry vs. conservatives.

Jeanine Pirro’s take on Will Smith’s assault of Chris Rock during the Oscars ceremony took a racist turn on Monday. (Watch the video below.)

Asked for her perspective on “The Five,” the Fox News host replied: “What do I think? I think that the Oscars are not the hood.”

... And Pirro saw a message for conservatives in Smith returning to his seat after the assault as the awards ceremony continued.

“Hollywood proves that they don’t have to follow the rules,” she said. “If you’re on the right and you say something they don’t like, then they can respond with violence.”
:headscratch: Chris Rock is "on the right"? I don't think so.
You do realize "the Oscars are not the hood" is an obviously racist thing to say.

Jeanine Pirro thinks that the Oscars are a white neighborhood where Black people only visit.
Fox News goes full white supremacy: Jeanine Pirro Slams Will Smith Over Slap: 'The Oscars Are Not the Hood' https://mediaite.com/a/vtsbr via @mediaite

Full article and more responses at the link.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Why all this kerfluffle about cinnamon?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:56 am
#OscarsSoFight
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

He apologized to everyone other than Rock, who has not filed charges over the slap, Useless. Should he (file charges)?
Will Smith apologizes to Chris Rock for Oscars slap, says he was 'wrong' and 'out of line'
You never answered the question.
Ulysses wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:47 pm
(gibberish)
Will Packer Says That The LAPD Was Prepared To Arrest Will Smith, But Chris Rock Declined To Pursue Charges
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Terminator: Dark Fate

:thumbup: Not a groundbreaking plot, but good acting and effects, and it brought back Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some say 3rd best after T1 and T2.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nothing but the Truth (2008 American film)

Nothing but the Truth is a 2008 American political drama film written and directed by Rod Lurie. The film stars Kate Beckinsale, Matt Dillon, Angela Bassett, Alan Alda and Vera Farmiga. According to comments made by Lurie in The Truth Hurts, a bonus feature on the DVD release, his inspiration for the screenplay was the case of journalist Judith Miller,[2][3] who in July 2005 was jailed for contempt of court for refusing to testify before a federal grand jury investigating a leak naming Valerie Plame as a covert CIA operative, but this was merely a starting point for what is primarily a fictional story. In an April 2009 interview, Lurie stressed: "I should say that the film is about neither of these women although certainly their stories as reported in the press went into the creation of their characters and the situation they find themselves in." ...
:clap: :clap: :clap: There's a reveal in the very last minute that's shattering.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:07 am
Terminator: Dark Fate

:thumbup: Not a groundbreaking plot, but good acting and effects, and it brought back Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some say 3rd best after T1 and T2.
Streamed it last night on TNT. You were right, the plot was basically recycled.

Linda Hamilton had not aged well by Hollywood standards. Her voice was particularly rough.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Do we need a Sinema thread?

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Solaris (the one with George Clooney) - 3/10.

It would've gotten an 8/10 but my internet connection briefly crapped out and the movie paused for a second till the connection was back, and I feel the director should have accounted for this possibility.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This is pretty funny.

Back in the studio, Corden admitted that 24 hours before filming the segment, he emailed Cruise saying that he got cold feet and needed to back out. Fortunately, Cruise would not accept that, and called up the host saying, "It's going to be OK. I would never do anything to put you in danger. And I promise you if you do this I think it will be a day you will never, ever forget."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom ... 42402.html

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I used to know a guy who flew with the Blue Angels. Did very well for himself when he got out, too. https://www.linkedin.com/in/cliff-skelton-53431844

Anyway, he had a fear of heights. Couldn't get him to climb on the roof and tall staircases made him nervous. But the planes weren't an issue. Turns out that's not so uncommon and the difference is in what you see as the "floor". When he's in the plane, his "floor" is the floor of the plane and he's not really at a height. The plane is, but he's not. Nice guy. Had a very nice wife, and obviously has had a very nice life. Evidence that it's not really necessary to be an asshole to be successful.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/honoring ... ticle_view