Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Whack9 »

Also,

"The State Legislature shall cause to be enacted a State Constitutional Amendment creating an electoral college consisting of electors selected by the popular votes cast within each individual state senatorial district, who shall then elect all statewide office holders.”

So basically a roundabout way of disenfranchising voters.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Who knew Kristi was a day drinker?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:46 am
Who knew Kristi was a day drinker?

Another republican who lied about her back-story, but republicans don't care.

1) she claimed that the Estate (death) tax almost destroyed her Mom's family ranch (resort) when her father died.
Spoiler:
she admits that mom was alive; therefore no estate tax due
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Roger apparently has a direct line to the Lord.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Bill's not looking too good these days but his rant form is still spot on.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:07 pm
Nevur furgit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/InfowarriorRid ... /uhhhh_ok/
That thing is just begging to be vandalized, including for the obnoxious parking job.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Looks like the Georgia Guide stones have been completely destroyed. Someone planted an explosive and destroyed a portion of them. Authorities decided to destroy the rest of them for safety reasons.

A while back, one of the GOP candidates for Georgia gov, Kandiss Taylor, campaigned on destroying them if she became governor.

https://kandisstaylor.com/executiveorder10/

I don't support what's written on the stones, but I think it was a neat roadside attraction, and literally the only reason I'd ever visit Elberton Georgia.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:49 am
Looks like the Georgia Guide stones have been completely destroyed. Someone planted an explosive and destroyed a portion of them. Authorities decided to destroy the rest of them for safety reasons.

A while back, one of the GOP candidates for Georgia gov, Kandiss Taylor, campaigned on destroying them if she became governor.

I don't support what's written on the stones, but I think it was a neat roadside attraction, and literally the only reason I'd ever visit Elberton Georgia.
She's also still claiming to have won the repug primary. There was massive fraud she says.

https://news.yahoo.com/she-lost-ga-guv- ... 04519.html

A little about the stones
https://www.onlineathens.com/story/news ... 821721001/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:lol: Ever since Eric Greitens came out with his stupid ass video touting his "RINO hunting license" I've been sending him hate email. Most of it calls him a fascist shithead, a brain addled trump junkie, and just a general dumbass. I've also teased about "can't you find any women or kids to beat up on, asshole?" stuff. Anyway, this morning.....approx four hours after my last missive, I got an email that tells me "continued harassment will result in a block." Well, after I got through laughing I fired off another blast explaining how calling out fascist assholes as fascist assholes is NOT harassment. I went on to explain that our country fought a war against fascist assholes back in the 1940's and asked him why he hates America. I suppose I'll be blocked and double blocked for my impertinence. Fuck those guys.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:10 am
Whack9 wrote:

... A little about the stones
Thanks, guys. More info including:
History
Supposed Christian intent
Construction
Unveiling by congressman Doug Barnard
Ownership transferred to Elbert County
20,000 annual visitors

Georgia Guidestones

If I'd know about it I might have stopped on one of my trips to Atlanta.

Inscriptions

Pretty whitebread stuff. Nothing overtly pagan other than the lunar/solar alignment, a feature of human culture for thousands of years, not to mention placing the "birth" of Jesus near the Winter Solstice.
Interpretations

One interpretation of the stones is that they described the basic concepts required to rebuild a devastated civilization. Author Brad Meltzer notes that the stones were built in 1979 at the height of the Cold War, and thus argues that they may have been intended as a message to the possible survivors of a nuclear World War III. The engraved suggestion to keep humanity's population below 500 million could have been made under the assumption that war had already reduced humanity below this number.

Yoko Ono said the inscribed messages were "a stirring call to rational thinking".
Ah, rationality, no wonder Kandiss Taylor hoped to go all fascist Gov on it.
Conspiracy theories

The guidestones became a subject of interest for conspiracy theorists. Wired stated that unspecified opponents have labeled them as the "Ten Commandments of the Antichrist". Some conservative Christians have called the monument satanic.

Right-wing activist Mark Dice demanded that the guidestones "be smashed into a million pieces, and then the rubble used for a construction project", claiming that the guidestones are of "a deep Satanic origin", and that R. C. Christian belongs to "a Luciferian secret society" related to the New World Order. At the unveiling of the monument, a local minister proclaimed that he believed the monument was "for sun worshipers, for cult worship and for devil worship". None of these critics provided any evidence of their claims....
WTF is wrong with these people?!

So, will anything more happen? I'll guess not. However, if this was a Christian edifice we would already be seeing:
Shouts of "Terrorism!"
The FBI visibly on scene, Taylor, etc hauled in for Gitmo-style interrogations
Taylor, etc condemned as if they were al Qaeda enablers
Elbert County announcing plans to rebuild
A GoFundMe for rebuilding

As if.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Wingnut under control!

https://news.yahoo.com/sacha-baron-cohe ... 26423.html

Moore tossed

"NEW YORK (Reuters) -Sacha Baron Cohen on Thursday defeated an appeal by former Alabama judge Roy Moore who had accused the British comedian of defamation for falsely portraying him as a pedophile in an interview for the show "Who Is America?"

In a 3-0 vote, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan said the interview was constitutionally protected speech, agreeing with a lower court judge that it was "clearly comedy and that no reasonable viewer would conclude otherwise."

The court also said Moore waived his right to pursue his $95 million lawsuit by signing a standard consent agreement before the interview, which he knew would be televised. It also dismissed related claims by Moore's wife, Kayla.

Larry Klayman, the Moores' lawyer, called the decision a "travesty,"'

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:48 am
:lol: Ever since Eric Greitens came out with his stupid ass video touting his "RINO hunting license" I've been sending him hate email. Most of it calls him a fascist shithead, a brain addled trump junkie, and just a general dumbass. I've also teased about "can't you find any women or kids to beat up on, asshole?" stuff. Anyway, this morning.....approx four hours after my last missive, I got an email that tells me "continued harassment will result in a block." Well, after I got through laughing I fired off another blast explaining how calling out fascist assholes as fascist assholes is NOT harassment. I went on to explain that our country fought a war against fascist assholes back in the 1940's and asked him why he hates America. I suppose I'll be blocked and double blocked for my impertinence. Fuck those guys.
Have you lost your touch? :(
Eric Greitens' gun ads are a disturbing paean to political violence
The scandal-plagued Missouri senate candidate is brazenly calling for right-wing vigilante violence.

Republican political candidates have been brandishing their guns with such regularity in campaign ads during this primary season that it’s almost become unremarkable. But two such recent ads from Eric Greitens, the leading Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Missouri, have managed to cause widespread shock for the way they blatantly call for violence in politics.
"leading" :roll: Not by much, though. It's a 3-way RepuQ race:
Republican Primary: August 2, 2022
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7573.html

I presume that Kunce is the likely Dem candidate. Greitens doesn't do as well against him as the other RepuQs, but he's still leading by 3.5%. :angry-banghead:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7579.html
In his ads, Greitens openly calls for right-wing vigilante violence against moderate Republicans and the political establishment, and has little else to say about policy or ideology. They showcase how some anti-establishment Republicans see straightforward calls for authoritarian violence as a political lane unto itself.

Greitens is no stranger to controversy. In 2018, just a little more than a year after he became the governor of Missouri, he resigned after allegations of sexual misconduct and charges of campaign finance impropriety. And this spring he was accused of domestic abuse by his ex-wife. Nonetheless, he’s been the front-runner in the Republican primary for Senate. And against that backdrop, he’s chosen in the past few weeks to dive headlong even further into controversy.

In the first ad, released in late June, Greitens depicts himself breaking into a house with a group of men wearing camouflage fatigues as they go “RINO hunting.”(RINO is an acronym for Republican in Name Only, and is used pejoratively against Republicans deemed too moderate.)

“Get a RINO hunting permit. There's no bagging limit, no tagging limit and it doesn't expire until we save our country,” Greitens says to the camera.

The ad was such an explicit call to violence that Facebook removed it and Twitter restricted engagement with the video and appended a notice to it saying that even though it violated Twitter’s rules on abusive content, it was keeping the ad up because it was “in the public’s interest.
I'm not joining Twitter just to get past the age restriction. Ad #2:

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
... Greitens has received some Republican criticism for his ads, but not widespread condemnation. And while some establishment Republican operatives have backed a super PAC to attack his candidacy, their calculation seems to be fueled by concern over his vulnerability to loss in a general election contest rather than a repudiation of his calls for violence. That’s a shame, because as political scientists have made clear, allowing these kinds of messages to become normalized is terribly dangerous for our political future.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Wingnutties out of control! - lookie what's inside

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Thanks, guys. More info including:
History
Supposed Christian intent
Construction
Unveiling by congressman Doug Barnard
Ownership transferred to Elbert County
20,000 annual visitors

Georgia Guidestones

If I'd know about it I might have stopped on one of my trips to Atlanta.

Inscriptions

Pretty whitebread stuff. Nothing overtly pagan other than the lunar/solar alignment, a feature of human culture for thousands of years, not to mention placing the "birth" of Jesus near the Winter Solstice.
Interpretations

One interpretation of the stones is that they described the basic concepts required to rebuild a devastated civilization. Author Brad Meltzer notes that the stones were built in 1979 at the height of the Cold War, and thus argues that they may have been intended as a message to the possible survivors of a nuclear World War III. The engraved suggestion to keep humanity's population below 500 million could have been made under the assumption that war had already reduced humanity below this number.

Yoko Ono said the inscribed messages were "a stirring call to rational thinking".
Ah, rationality, no wonder Kandiss Taylor hoped to go all fascist Gov on it.
Conspiracy theories

The guidestones became a subject of interest for conspiracy theorists. Wired stated that unspecified opponents have labeled them as the "Ten Commandments of the Antichrist". Some conservative Christians have called the monument satanic.

Right-wing activist Mark Dice demanded that the guidestones "be smashed into a million pieces, and then the rubble used for a construction project", claiming that the guidestones are of "a deep Satanic origin", and that R. C. Christian belongs to "a Luciferian secret society" related to the New World Order. At the unveiling of the monument, a local minister proclaimed that he believed the monument was "for sun worshipers, for cult worship and for devil worship". None of these critics provided any evidence of their claims....

So, will anything more happen? I'll guess not. However, if this was a Christian edifice we would already be seeing:
Shouts of "Terrorism!"

As if.
"Mystery Intensifies as Georgia Guidestones Time Capsule Opened by Elbert Officials- (Elberton, Ga)

Today officials with the Elbert County Historical Society, Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and Federal Bureau of Investigation exhumed and opened the Georgia Guidestones Time Capsule.
"Now that the Guidestones have been destroyed, we felt it was appropriate to open the time capsule buried at the base of the monument," said Charles Smith, President of the Elbert County Historical Society. "We hoped its contents would help shed light on the builders of the monument."
Unfortunately the time capsule, which was buried early in 1980, did little to answer questions about the orgins of the Guidestones.
"The time capsule only held four items," explained Sheriff Melvin Andrews. "A single eight track tape of 'Saturday Night Fever', a Peterbilt emblem, a October 1979 Playboy magazine signed by Burt Reynolds, and a bag containing 1,734 Quallude pills."
"We really don't know what to make of this assemblage of items," said Charles Smith. "It will take weeks to determine the common thread that runs through these items."
"The current street value of the 1,500 Quallude pills is in the range of $2,000,000 USD," said Senior Agent Tom Hensley of the FBI.
"The Sheriff's Office has allowed the historical society to maintain control of the magazine, tape, and Peterbilt emblem but, the 1,300 Quallude pills will be placed in our evidence locker in Gainesville," said Mary Alexander with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
Sheriff Melvin Andrews added, "After testing, the GBI plans to release the 1,000 pills back to the Sheriff's Office, where they will be destroyed."
The public is being encouraged to submit any theories regarding the time capsule items to the Elbert County Historical Society, Elberton, Ga. Please email: chamber@elbertga.com"

I hadn't realized thar Qualludes were up to $1,000 each, but if that's what Senior Agent Tom Hensley of the FBI says they're worth, it's gotta be so.

Where do they get this crap?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:41 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Hell, I hope not. My latest suggestions to him included "maintain high visibility; you're easier to spot that way" as well as some blunt general recommendations. I also offered to donate a thousand dollars to his campaign if he kills himself and that I would double that if he kills himself in one of his dumbass videos.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:19 am

Hell, I hope not. My latest suggestions to him included "maintain high visibility; you're easier to spot that way" as well as some blunt general recommendations. I also offered to donate a thousand dollars to his campaign if he kills himself and that I would double that if he kills himself in one of his dumbass videos.
Nah, you haven't lost your touch.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Eric Greitens' gun ads are a disturbing paean to political violence
The scandal-plagued Missouri senate candidate is brazenly calling for right-wing vigilante violence.

"leading" :roll: Not by much, though. It's a 3-way RepuQ race:
Republican Primary: August 2, 2022
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7573.html

I presume that Kunce is the likely Dem candidate. Greitens doesn't do as well against him as the other RepuQs, but he's still leading by 3.5%. :angry-banghead:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7579.html

I'm not joining Twitter just to get past the age restriction. Ad #2:

https://twitter.com/EricGreitens/status ... n-n1296931

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:14 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:19 am
Vrede too wrote:
Nah, you haven't lost your touch.
:lol: I'm reserving final judgment until Greitens kills himself in one of his dumbass videos.
Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:40 am

:lol: I'm reserving final judgment until Greitens kills himself in one of his dumbass videos.
That'd be a popcorn moment.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Wingnutties out of control! - lookie what's inside

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:21 pm
Thanks, guys. More info including: ...

Georgia Guidestones ...

Inscriptions

Interpretations ...

Conspiracy theories

Shouts of "Terrorism!"

As if.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:34 am
"Mystery Intensifies as Georgia Guidestones Time Capsule Opened by Elbert Officials- (Elberton, Ga) ...

I hadn't realized thar Qualludes were up to $1,000 each, but if that's what Senior Agent Tom Hensley of the FBI says they're worth, it's gotta be so.

Where do they get this crap?
$1153 per 53 year old and likely depleted 'lude? :bs: :bs: :bs: Is this meant to inflate the Elbert County Sheriff's annual drug "seizure" tally?

with Gig Gangel
Playmate of the Month Ursulla Buchfellner

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a lot controversial in the inscriptions. Not much substantial, either, if you apply the least amount of practical logistics to them. You'd have to have a world population that was willing to cooperate under one ruling body (as if), and then you negate that with "Let all nations rule internally..."

Sure the population control and "guide reproduction" seems a bit out there, but this wasn't for current times - remember it was for after some apocalypse when hardly anything in the current world would still apply.

I'd never heard of the Georgia Guidestones before, nor for that matter Elberton GA. But I probably would have taken a short side trip to go see them.
There's a Stonehenge replica on the Columbia river in Maryhill, WA that is very cool. Better than the original in a lot of ways except that the original is, well, the original. https://www.maryhillmuseum.org/outside/ ... e-memorial