Superstar Cultmaster

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:29 pm
Whoa!

We jinxed him.

Bills release punter Matt Araiza following alleged gang rape of minor

-0-? if he's being treated fairly, but it's a done deal now.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I don't know what Araiza and his teammates did - maybe they drugged and raped a 17-year old kid. Or maybe not. With one side of the story from "Ms. Doe" on the table and no supporting evidence yet, it's clear teams no longer care about "fair" or anything other than avoiding controversy that could cost them some money.

I have no doubt that something happened the night in question, and it probably wasn't very gentlemanly. But I've never read a civil complaint yet in which the plaintiff's lawyer didn't exaggerate their story and include every single possibility of harm.

Your dog broke its leash and jumped on and licked the hand of a bystander? "Defendant showed callous and gross negligence while shopping for a leash and did not have any scientific tests conducted to determine the leash was in fact appropriate to hold a 20-pound dog under any and all circumstances. Further, the defendant was holding the leash in only one hand even though he knew or should have known the animal was capable of pulling. When the beast broke free, the defendant was unable or unwilling to regain any control before the vicious attack occurred and the creature had put his tongue on the plaintiff's hand, with the resultant risk of ick and disease ... yada.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:39 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:34 am
Ravens 24-17, 2-0. :thumbup:
22 game pre season winning streak!
Ravens' NFL-record preseason win streak hits 23 games, survives another year

Barely.
... Starring for the Ravens this time were quarterback Anthony Brown Jr., who went 15-of-19 for 256 passing yards and a touchdown, and the recently signed wide receiver Demarcus Robinson, who posted 135 receiving yards on four receptions....
Not bad for a third string QB.
... The last time the Ravens lost in preseason was against the Atlanta Falcons on Sept. 3, 2015....

The Ravens have made it clear to everyone within earshot that this streak means something to them, but it didn't mean enough to make them play anyone of real significance on Saturday. It's hard to blame them, given what happened to the team's running back depth chart last season.

Before the game, ESPN's Jamison Hensley counted 34 players not in uniform, a group headlined by significant players like Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, J.K. Dobbins, Ronnie Stanley, Marlon Humphrey, Calais Campbell, Marcus Williams and Justin Tucker.

The team didn't even play fourth-round rookie punter Jordan Stout, instead turning to undrafted free agent Cameron Dicker.
Even so, the Ravens did suffer a critical injury to a starter, a possible torn ACL thanks to a criminally vicious defense.
... the Ravens have gone 60-37 over the span of the streak.

There could be any number of explanations for how you win 22 straight preseason games. Being well-coached is probably the biggest thing, and the Ravens are known for their strong coaching under John Harbaugh, who clearly takes these matters seriously.

Another big factor could be the quality of a team's undrafted free agents, and the Ravens are among the best in the NFL at finding UDFAs who can make their active roster. It also probably doesn't hurt that one of the Ravens' preseason opponents every year is the nearby Washington Commanders, who are not known for their strong coaching or ability to find diamonds in the rough....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, but you lost your mascot, Poe.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/ra ... li=AAggFp5

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:42 pm
Yeah, but you lost your mascot, Poe.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/ra ... r-AA11bfRj
I know, I'm distraught about it.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:01 pm
... Even so, the Ravens did suffer a critical injury to a starter, a possible torn ACL thanks to a criminally vicious defense....

The little bastards blitzed!
... Notably, the start of the second half was delayed by Poe’s injury, “who laid on the field for nearly five minutes because many were unsure whether he was really injured, added Hensley. It was a backup Poe — a practice squad Poe, if you will — who filled in for the second half of the game....

Meanwhile, Darren M. Haynes, sports director for the CBS-TV affiliate in Washington, reported that Poe was seen by the veterinarian, er, Ravens team physician Dr. Andrew Tucker and that the exam revealed a possible torn ACL.
:D for "unsure whether he was really injured ... veterinarian" not the "possible torn ACL."
... “It’s really incredible how injuries happen to this org. Not even the mascot is safe,” offered one fan, making reference to how the Ravens had 25 players go on injured reserve last season.

“This is why you don’t play your starters during the preseason,” quipped another.

“SMH - he already made the team, why was he out there? Because of the winning streak?” said yet another.

The seemingly long-term injury also raised questions about who is available to take Poe’s place in the game day lineup....

:lol:
... All that said, the replacement Poe now has three weeks to practice and prepare for Baltimore’s home opener against the Miami Dolphins, which will take place on Sunday September 18 at M&T Bank Stadium (1 p.m. ET).
Go Ravens and replacement Poe!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

This could be brilliant.

Bet he's starting by week 5. I don't think he's taken a snap in training camp so it'll take a bit for him to get up to speed and for Lance to fail.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:04 pm
This could be brilliant.

Bet he's starting by week 5. I don't think he's taken a snap in training camp so it'll take a bit for him to get up to speed and for Lance to fail.
Steve Young redux? I remember when he was the "best backup in the NFL." Of course, he was younger than Montana, so that's different from Garoppolo's situation.

Did Garoppolo and Rolling Meadows High School beat up your Highland Park High School in football and baseball?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Gar ... and_family
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:20 pm

Did Garoppolo and Rolling Meadows High School beat up your Highland Park High School in football and baseball?
Got me hanging.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:02 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Got me hanging.
Idk what that means.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:05 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

Got me hanging.
Idk what that means.
Never heard that one?

It means Not a Clue.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:05 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Got me hanging.
Idk what that means.
Never heard that one?

It means Not a Clue.
New to me. Bet I remember it while playing Wordle.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:51 pm

New to me. Bet I remember it while playing Wordle.
That would've been me this morning.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

The legacy gets further tarnished.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:18 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:40 am

Go Bucs! Oh wait, Brady has disappeared and not expected to be heard from for a couple of weeks.

WTF is that about?
Sure, Go Bucs. Why not?
I'd guess there may be trouble in Giseleland, but I'm totally making that up.
It ain't over.
Trouble in paradise: Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen in epic fight

... The model has left their family compound in Tampa, Fla., for Costa Rica following a series of heated arguments over Brady’s shock decision to un-retire from the NFL, while he has remained behind for team training....

A second source says, “There’s been trouble in the marriage over his decision to un-retire. Gisele has always been the one with the kids.

“They had agreed he would retire to focus on the family, then he changed his mind.”

... Brady has been looking downcast at training camp, according to sources....
Can Tom still win without her?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am
Second week of NFL pre-season and nobody here has mentioned it.
Seahawks have apparently decided to sit this season out, I haven't forgiven the Chargers, despise the management of the team formerly known as the 'Skins, am ambivalent about the Iggles. Maybe I'll go for the Rams this year, at the risk of being called a bandwagon-jumper.
Or maybe I'll spend Sundays on a trail or at the beach. Yawn
Buffalo Bills at Los Angeles Rams
Live
8:20 PM EDT ON NBC • Stereo • CC

The NFL kicks off the season in style as the defending Super Bowl champion Rams host the Bills. Buffalo is favored to dethrone Los Angeles in 2022, and win its first title behind quarterback Josh Allen. The Rams have won five straight season openers.
Good matchup, Buffalo favored by 2.5. Go Bills.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:58 pm

The Rams have won five straight season openers.

Cooper Kupp is still very good.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:20 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:58 pm

The Rams have won five straight season openers.
We're all wondering if he got 2 feet down. It was 3. :crazy:

Halftime 10-10.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am
Second week of NFL pre-season and nobody here has mentioned it.
Seahawks have apparently decided to sit this season out, I haven't forgiven the Chargers, despise the management of the team formerly known as the 'Skins, am ambivalent about the Iggles. Maybe I'll go for the Rams this year, at the risk of being called a bandwagon-jumper.
Or maybe I'll spend Sundays on a trail or at the beach. Yawn
You didn't commit. Maybe you should make a different pick.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:20 pm
Stefon Diggs ain't no slouch, neither. 31-10 Bills, rout.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Engineers at Bears' stadium must have thought they wouldn't need any drainage. Maybe they thought it would either be snow, or the wind would blow it off. Opps.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:41 pm
Engineers at Bears' stadium must have thought they wouldn't need any drainage. Maybe they thought it would either be snow, or the wind would blow it off. Opps.
No wonder they want their own stadium.