NFL Football

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Lock him up.
Straight from the cheetohead playbook.

Brett Favre on $77M Mississippi welfare scandal: 'I have been unjustly smeared in the media'

Former NFL quarterback Brett Favre, currently embroiled in a $77 million Mississippi state welfare fund scandal, released his first statement on the scandal itself on Tuesday claiming that he is innocent of any crimes.

"I have been unjustly smeared in the media," Favre said in a statement provided exclusively to Fox News Digital. "I have done nothing wrong, and it is past time to set the record straight.

"No one ever told me, and I did not know, that funds designated for welfare recipients were going to the University or me. I tried to help my alma mater USM, a public Mississippi state university, raise funds for a wellness center. My goal was and always will be to improve the athletic facilities at my university.

"State agencies provided the funds to Nancy New’s charity, the Mississippi Community Education Center, which then gave the funds to the University, all with the full knowledge and approval of other State agencies, including the State-wide Institute for Higher Learning, the Governor’s office and the Attorney General’s office.

"I was told that the legal work to ensure that these funds could be accepted by the university was done by State attorneys and State employees."

Favre's statement is in direct opposition to texts that were released by Mississippi Today last month. The texts are reportedly between Favre and then-Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant, in which Bryant tells Favre how to write a funding proposal that would be accepted by the Mississippi Department of Human Services.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I dunno.
Given the names of various budget buckets and state funding processes, I'm not sure I would have known that money slithered from somewhere to some other state expenditure would have specifically been from the welfare fund. He clearly knew he was asking for strings to be pulled and unbudgeted funds for the sports facilities to be "found" but that's pretty common business as usual, particularly among the good ol' boy set.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:17 pm
I dunno.
Given the names of various budget buckets and state funding processes, I'm not sure I would have known that money slithered from somewhere to some other state expenditure would have specifically been from the welfare fund. He clearly knew he was asking for strings to be pulled and unbudgeted funds for the sports facilities to be "found" but that's pretty common business as usual, particularly among the good ol' boy set.
Karen Favre MAY not have known that it was welfare money, but he did have to be cautioned that they were skirting the law. This would have led normal decent people to back far away. Then, IIRC there was the outrageous and illegal speaker fee that was also welfare money that he got for doing nothing. He repaid some of it after he got caught.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Karen Favre MAY not have known that it was welfare money, but he did have to be cautioned that they were skirting the law. This would have led normal decent people to back far away. Then, IIRC there was the outrageous and illegal speaker fee that was also welfare money that he got for doing nothing. He repaid some of it after he got caught.
Yeah, but it was the fact that it took food out of poor peoples' mouths or whatever, PLUS that it was a famous sports idol that made it a scandal. Take the money out of the road fund and/or have it done at the request of some nameless rich Southern Miss alum political contributor, and it would have been just garden variety Mis-sippy back room politics.

Now if you want to argue that Favre is a general purpose sleazebag, I wouldn't oppose. But in this instance he may have a point that he's "unjustly smeared."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:04 pm
Yeah, but it was the fact that it took food out of poor peoples' mouths or whatever, PLUS that it was a famous sports idol that made it a scandal. Take the money out of the road fund and/or have it done at the request of some nameless rich Southern Miss alum political contributor, and it would have been just garden variety Mis-sippy back room politics.

Now if you want to argue that Favre is a general purpose sleazebag, I wouldn't oppose. But in this instance he may have a point that he's "unjustly smeared."
I see your point, but I'll reserve judgement. There seem to be new revelations every week.

In general, taking "food out of poor peoples' mouths" IS "garden variety Mis-sippy back room politics," and Favre should know to stay far far away from all potential sleaze.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:17 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:04 pm

I see your point, but I'll reserve judgement. There seem to be new revelations every week.

In general, taking "food out of poor peoples' mouths" IS "garden variety Mis-sippy back room politics," and Favre should know to stay far far away from all potential sleaze.
The fact that it's Seventy Seven Million Dollars in Mississippi should've raised flags that I's needed to be dotted and T's crossed. Smells like three day old fish.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:26 pm

The fact that it's Seventy Seven Million Dollars in Mississippi should've raised flags that I's needed to be dotted and T's crossed. Smells like three day old fish.
Well, there's that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Favre was playin' good ol' boy, perhaps not for the first time.

Go @Bears 2-3 > Commies 1-4 in a critical NFC matchup. Commies favored by 1, ouch.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:16 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Favre was playin' good ol' boy, perhaps not for the first time.

Go @Bears 2-3 > Commies 1-4 in a critical NFC matchup. Commies favored by 1, ouch.
The no one cares game of the week.
But the Bears are debuting their new orange helmets!

Woo hoo!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:laughing-rolling:

Halftime

Washington 3
Bears 0

GoCubsGo
Admiral

So, the Bears suck.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:09 pm
So, the Bears suck.
:D Amazon, so didn't suffer through watching. Website only.

A veritable tsunami of offense in the 2nd half!
Commies - another FG and a TD with a failed 2pt try.
Bears - a TD, then 4th & goal at the 4 for the walkoff win. They passed for 3. It's like they were trying to break fans' hearts.
12-7. Opps.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:14 pm
. It's like they were trying to break fans' hearts.
Pretending to be Cubs.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:09 pm
So, the Bears suck.
:D Amazon, so didn't suffer through watching. Website only.

A veritable tsunami of offense in the 2nd half!
Commies - another FG and a TD with a failed 2pt try.
Bears - a TD, then 4th & goal at the 4 for the walkoff win. They passed for 3. It's like they were trying to break fans' hearts.
12-7. Opps.
And the Commies TD came on a muffed punt turnover on the Bears 5 yard line.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:29 pm
Vrede too wrote:
. It's like they were trying to break fans' hearts.
Pretending to be Cubs.
There's no pretend here.

They're playing a second string offensive line and wide receivers as well as their unkown name defense. It's painful.

The previous management left them in a salary cap conundrum with no money to be spent this year.

The good news is they'll have over 100 million in cap space next year and football teams can turn around quickly. Hopefully Justin Fields will survive his O line and actually show some growth. But right now they should reserve a hospital bed for him just in case.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:31 pm
And the Commies TD came on a muffed punt turnover on the Bears 5 yard line.
:lol: Of course it did.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:30 pm
No point in dumping Del Rio. His performance isn't stellar, but nobody's will be as long as Snyder owns the team. Actually, they could probably save some money and not have a coaching staff. Just let the players get out and do whatever. Probably couldn't tell the difference from the stands or on TV.
It just keeps getting worse.

Report: Dan Snyder claims to have ‘dirt’ that could ‘blow up' NFL as heat on his scandal-laden team ownership rises
The NFL is a mafia," (Snyder) recently told an associate. "All the owners hate each other."

"That's not true," one veteran owner says. "All the owners hate Dan."
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Bears, Bears - you had just ONE job.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:54 pm
You didn't see the Tua hit?

Looked very scary. Possible neurological damage. His fingers were all twisted after his head hit, stretchered off.

Damn. Possible TBI?
https://www.webmd.com/brain/what-is-dec ... -posturing
Report: Tua Tagovailoa will return next Sunday vs. the Steelers

Great news . . . except:
... Of course, Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy can’t be detected in brain scans, or through any test performed on a still-living patient. That’s the unknown aspect of the question of whether and to what extent Tua suffered lasting damage as a result of the concussion he suffered on September 29, and the one he may have suffered on September 25....
:( -0-?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

TV here, GO:

Early
Celebrity Bowling - :problem: It would be cooler if they used celebrities for the pins.
Baltimore Ravens (-5.5) at New York Giants - Giants are 4-1, they were 4-13 last year :crazy: .

Later
Carolina Panthers at Los Angeles Rams (-10) - Yeah, right.
Buffalo Bills (-2.5) at Kansas City Chiefs

Also GO:

Early
San Francisco (-3.5) > @Atlanta
@Cleveland (-3) > New England
Jets > @Kaarons (-7.5)
@Pittsburgh > Bradys (-9.5)

Night
@Unbeaten Philadelphia (-6.5) > Dallas

Mon
Denver > @Los Angeles Traitors (-4.5)

I'm rooting for favorites 5 out of 9 games.
1312. ETTD.