Marjorie Taylor Greene WTF?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene WTF?

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 pm
I would never have believed that Paul Ryan would ever have seemed to be a desirable alternative. Holy shit what a smacked up world we live it.
Idk if he's part of serious discussion or is just EmptyG's delusion. He's only been gone since 2019, feels like longer to me. I think he's been a slightly better ex-Speaker than he was Speaker, but that ain't saying much. I guess the biggest difference is that he's not Cult .45 .
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

When these people look in the mirror in the morning, what do they say to themselves?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eating their own.

Cool.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Sooo....any clue on WTF Twittergate is?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:03 pm
Sooo....any clue on WTF Twittergate is?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMTG/statu ... 4782824448
The banning of Dolt .45 and other RW assholes?
Twitter is a private social media app.

What’s the “gate”?
Conspiracy with the government, delay.
:headscratch: EDIT: I saw a post about Dems supposedly pressuring Twitter to bury info about Hunter's laptop. :roll: Idk when Twitter became an investigatory arm of the criminal justice system.
How about an investigation into the US Representatives that requested a pardon from Donald Trump, Marjorie?

👉 Marjorie Taylor Greene
👉 Paul Gosart
👉 Scott Perry
👉 Lauren Boebert
👉 Matt Gaetz
👉 Jim Jordan
👉 Mo Brooks
👉 Louie Gohmert
:thumbup:
:D
Is this suggesting that "Twittergate" is alleged Chinese influence? -0-?
:laughing-rolling: Brilliant. I'll quit there. Either the RW commenters all already know what "Twittergate" is or they're also clueless.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:40 pm
When these people look in the mirror in the morning, what do they say to themselves?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricPortnoy3 ... 3999780874
"Dumb mirror."
Marjorie Taylor Greene just took stupid to a new low and the jokes write themselves

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has some bizarre ideas about, well, everything.

The notoriously anti-LGBTQ lawmaker has said she believes straight people face extinction within 150 years, called for the end of Pride month, and regularly spews anti-trans rhetoric that’s best left unrepeated.

Now the far-right congresswoman has offered her hot take on electricity, and let’s just say she’s not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Specifically, she appears to be in disbelief about the existence of batteries — you know, those things that were invented in 1800 to provide power without the need for cords....

:roll: Nor is Justin Trudeau "president".

Heart Aerospace, the manufacturer of the short-range planes, explained in a press release:

“The new airplane design, called the ES-30, is a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers and it replaces the company’s earlier 19-seat design, the ES-19. It is driven by electric motors powered by batteries, which allows the airplane to operate with zero emissions and low noise.” ...
Worst standup comedy ever.
Does she realise that she is using a cordless microphone?

How does she think that works?

Magic?

Witchcraft?
Now I'm offended as an engineer.
Are we sure they’re not gonna be powered by Jewish Space Lasers?
Nothing like an American politician making jokes about slaves…
"American politician" from Georgia.
It’s a flight attendant. Not a stewardess.
In her defense, and given that most of their base believes Jesus walked with the dinosaurs anyway, would it really be so impossible for her to believe the Flintstones were real? Because that’s where she got it from.

News Poll
Do you think the criticism Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has received for her comments about electric-powered airplanes has been warranted or unwarranted?
Totally warranted 90%
Somewhat warranted 2%
Somewhat unwarranted 2%
Totally unwarranted 6%
Other / No opinion 1%
:---P More tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Coverage, and notoriety are fueled by controversy and conflict. Marginal Greene's self-appointed job, like Cawthorn's was, is to attract attention to themselves and be sort of a logo/slogan for all things right-wing. When she speaks, her goal is to entertain, create sound bytes, get re-tweets. So without making any claim that she's not really dumber than the proverbial box of hammers, you have to wonder how many of these stupid comments are just part of the show.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Man, is she dumb.

Everyone knows you power electric airplanes with windmills.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 pm
Coverage, and notoriety are fueled by controversy and conflict. Marginal Greene's self-appointed job, like Cawthorn's was, is to attract attention to themselves and be sort of a logo/slogan for all things right-wing. When she speaks, her goal is to entertain, create sound bytes, get re-tweets. So without making any claim that she's not really dumber than the proverbial box of hammers, you have to wonder how many of these stupid comments are just part of the show.
As goofy as she is, she has amassed a tremendous amount of clout in two short years, but eventually there will need to be actual substance behind the theatrics.

Ain't gonna happen.

Her downfall is going to be glorious and spectacular.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:09 pm
Man, is she dumb.

Everyone knows you power electric airplanes with windmills.
Allow the propellers or turbines to spin in reverse to generate electricity. Physics.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:12 pm

As goofy as she is, she has amassed a tremendous amount of clout in two short years, but eventually there will need to be actual substance behind the theatrics.

One would think - and maybe so in the past, but I'm not so sure substance matters much anymore post-Trump. To make up a reality-based example, take Sarah Palin (please!). Her catch phrases included "drill baby drill" which encompassed an entire strategy toward energy management, which might not have appealed to a lot of environmentalists, but at least was a workable approach. Her "I can see Russia from my house" was not true and considered a stupid comment, but served to point out that Russia really isn't that far from US borders. Since then, as Trump and others just started making shit up, I think the necessary link between talk and substance is broken.

Kinda related to my rant about how the "news" is all about reaction/response more than the original event. Marginal says something and the news is all about what people think/said about what she said.

We're all doomed.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:28 pm

One would think - and maybe so in the past, but I'm not so sure substance matters much anymore post-Trump. To make up a reality-based example, take Sarah Palin (please!). Her catch phrases included "drill baby drill" which encompassed an entire strategy toward energy management, which might not have appealed to a lot of environmentalists, but at least was a workable approach. Her "I can see Russia from my house" was not true and considered a stupid comment, but served to point out that Russia really isn't that far from US borders. Since then, as Trump and others just started making shit up, I think the necessary link between talk and substance is broken.

Kinda related to my rant about how the "news" is all about reaction/response more than the original event. Marginal says something and the news is all about what people think/said about what she said.

We're all doomed.
Didn't turn out so well for Sarah though did it?
( The " I can see Russia from my house " wasn't actually her but Tina Fey. Though I'd bet at this point most people don't know that.)

She's twelve time a laughingstock, begging for relevance.

There's still a glimmer of hope.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:13 pm

Didn't turn out so well for Sarah though did it?
( The " I can see Russia from my house " wasn't actually her but Tina Fey. Though I'd bet at this point most people don't know that.)

She's twelve time a laughingstock, begging for relevance.

There's still a glimmer of hope.
Ha - you're right, and Tina should be given credit. Real Sarah's comment was "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska" which is true from some places on a clear day - only 37 miles away.

But consider that in her day, Sarah was sometimes driving the clown car, yet compared to Repugs now, such as Marginal and Boebert, the things she said were downright rational.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Didn't turn out so well for Sarah though did it? ...
Hefty income for several years, with our scorn probably adding to it.
Sarah Palin Net Worth: $8 Million
No need to ever work again.
:puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:53 pm

But consider that in her day, Sarah was sometimes driving the clown car, yet compared to Repugs now, such as Marginal and Boebert, the things she said were downright rational.
Downright rational?

When she was condining shooting wolves from helicopters?

Nah, she was bein' all Mavericky Image

Basically just a lite version with a little bit more political experience than the current crop, that could give a speech but not rational and just as stupid.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:58 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Didn't turn out so well for Sarah though did it? ...
Hefty income for several years, with our scorn probably adding to it.
Sarah Palin Net Worth: $8 Million
No need to ever work again.
:puke-left:

Hope Todd got half.
In a May 2022 financial disclosure, Sarah Palin revealed that in 2021 she earned $211,529 from the app Cameo. Furthermore, the financial disclosure showed $88,000 in earnings from website advertising from a corporation called Young Conservatives LLC, $40,200 giving one speech and $10,000 earned for taking part in a bus tour for a group called Club for Growth. Her total income for 2021 was $430,000.
Her OnlyFans can't be far behind. :shock:
Never overestimate the intelligence of Republican supporters.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:04 pm
Hope Todd got half.
One would think that the $8 Million estimate accounts for any divorce settlement, but -0-? .
Her OnlyFans can't be far behind. :shock:
Never overestimate the intelligence of Republican supporters.
Ewww. I guess she was once pretty, but I was never attracted. Now? :puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:22 pm

Ewww. I guess she was once pretty, but I was never attracted. Now? :puke-left:
Not saying she won't use filters. Probably quite a few. :lol:

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:03 pm

Downright rational?

When she was condining shooting wolves from helicopters?

Did you miss the part about "... compared to Repugs now..."

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:13 pm

Did you miss the part about "... compared to Repugs now..."
Mmmmmm....pretty nutso.
1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where – where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." - Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008

2. "Mr. President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke." - Sarah Palin, on how President Obama should deal with Russian President Vladimir Putin, CPAC speech, March 8, 2014

3. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." - Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

4. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." - Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

5. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" - Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

6. "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" - A Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

7. "He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." - Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011

8. "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." - Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

9. "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" - Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

10. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." - Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller, posing as French President Nicolas Sarkozy, complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008
https://www.liveabout.com/top-dumbest-s ... es-2734671