Smartphones

rstrong
Captain

Smartphones

Unread post by rstrong »

Testing the browser on my new BlackBerry Z10.

rstrong
Captain

Re: Smartphones

Unread post by rstrong »

Typing test.

"Truman, Eisenhower and Clinton had similar midterm losses, and all were re-elected."

"Not possible for Obama! It's different this time! For some arbitrary unknown reason!"

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Posting from a GSIII here... I've had it about 2 months now.. upgraded from a htc droid.. I'm liking it...
Also carry an iphone 4S ..company phone.. the GSIII blows it out of the water in speed, features and intuitive use.

Fun toys..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Out of curiosity does the theme that this board uses work ok with your phones? I don't have internet on my phone so I've never tested it.

:?:

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

bannination wrote:Out of curiosity does the theme that this board uses work ok with your phones? I don't have internet on my phone so I've never tested it.

:?:
Looks just like the desktop to me..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Gardener shares ‘mind-blowing’ hack for identifying plants (and pets) with your iPhone

... https://www.tiktok.com/foryou?is_from_w ... 8309893422

In the clip, @thegardenfamily shows how the feature already exists on iPhones, provided you have the most recent update.

To start, you simply take a photo of the plant you want to identify. Then, you open the image in Photos and click the information symbol (an “i” with a circle around it) at the bottom of the screen.

From there, click “Look Up” and give your phone permission to search for info. Finally, it’ll take its best guess at what plant you photographed....

As Apple points out, the trick can be used for many plants and flowers, but also for pets. The feature, formally called Visual Look Up, works on iPhones running iOS 15 or later, as well as on many iPads running iPadOS 15.1 or later.
Cool.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:07 am

From there, click “Look Up” and give your phone permission to search for info. Finally, it’ll take its best guess at what plant you photographed....

As Apple points out, the trick can be used for many plants and flowers, but also for pets. The feature, formally called Visual Look Up, works on iPhones running iOS 15 or later, as well as on many iPads running iPadOS 15.1 or later.
Cool.
Pretty sure Whack9 uses something this for his foraging.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:45 am
Pretty sure Whack9 uses something this for his foraging.
He does have an app. The nice thing here is that it already comes with an iPhone or iPad. I wonder if anyone's publishing comparisons of the programs.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Google Lens works the same way.
Comes standard with a Pixel, but can be installed on any reasonably recent Android.

Actually easier to use that the procedure described above.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Geniusphones

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Geniusphones

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not So Geniusphones

Or not:
'My Watch Thinks I'm Dead'

Winter has brought a decent amount of snowfall to the region’s ski resorts, and with it an avalanche of false emergency calls. Virtually all of them have been placed by Apple Watches or iPhone 14s under the mistaken impression that their owners have been debilitated in collisions.

As of September, these devices have come equipped with technology meant to detect car crashes and alert 911 dispatchers. It is a more sensitive upgrade to software on Apple devices, now several years old, that can detect when a user falls and then dial for help. But the latest innovation appears to send the device into overdrive: It keeps mistaking skiers, and some other fitness enthusiasts, for car-wreck victims.

Lately, emergency call centers in some ski regions have been inundated with inadvertent, automated calls, dozens or more a week. Phone operators often must put other calls, including real emergencies, on hold to clarify whether the latest siren has been prompted by a human at risk or an overzealous device.

“My whole day is managing crash notifications,” said Trina Dummer, interim director of Summit County’s emergency services, which received 185 such calls in the week from Jan. 13 to Jan. 22. (In winters past, the typical call volume on a busy day was roughly half that.) Dummer said that the onslaught was threatening to desensitize dispatchers and divert limited resources from true emergencies.

“Apple needs to put in their own call center if this is a feature they want,” she said....
iOpps.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Not So Geniusphones

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:38 pm

iOpps.
:lol: