Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:20 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:06 pm

Al and the bigot disagreed with you. I didn't study it myself.
The ref guy in the booth said nyet.

Something about how a stride for stride wasn't going to be called this year or something. I thought the receiver was initiating contact.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:14 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:51 pm
I wasn't talking about an end zone play, and I don't think they review 1st quarter INTs for PI, just to make sure it was an INT, or do you mean the NBC analyst?

Stunning, 0-27 to 31-30! Trevor got the last laugh, and Urban is crying too hard to pay attention to the lap dance he's getting.
Are we talking about the same play? Where they called PI on Samuels and picked up the flag?
It was INT #2, indeed by A.Samuel, 4th & 7 at LAC 33 (10:02 - 1st), led to a FG. Again, I didn't review it myself. I googled and didn't see immediate whining, so maybe you're correct.

Who did you mean by "The ref guy in the booth"?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:29 am

It was INT #2, indeed by A.Samuel, 4th & 7 at LAC 33 (10:02 - 1st), led to a FG. Again, I didn't review it myself. I googled and didn't see immediate whining, so maybe you're correct.

Who did you mean by "The ref guy in the booth"?
Thinking we're talking about two different plays. Samuel was flagged for PI on a long pass up the sidelines and they picked the flag up, he intercepted like two plays later.
8:54 p.m. -- The Jaguars thought they had a big gain on a pass interference down the right sideline, but the flag gets picked up. In a third-and-5, the Jaguars once again get picked off by Samuel, who jumped the route. Brutal first quarter here for Lawrence and Jacksonville.
The retired official in the booth or studio (don't know who it was, a Mike Herrera type) that they go to for rules clarification or judgment stuff.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:47 am
Thinking we're talking about two different plays. Samuel was flagged for PI on a long pass up the sidelines and they picked the flag up, he intercepted like two plays later.
Or, I misunderstood Al and the bigot and they did refer to the play you think. -0-?
The retired official in the booth or studio (don't know who it was, a Mike Herrera type) that they go to for rules clarification or judgment stuff.
Ah, since they never put them on camera I always figured it is some old fat chain-smoking guy sitting on a crappy couch.
Mr. Saturday: Trevor Lawrence levels up in stirring, miraculous comeback victory
Jaguars star rallies from 27-0 deficit and 4 INTs to beat Chargers in AFC wild-card round

... Numbers don’t always tell the story, but these do: Lawrence threw four interceptions, and then four touchdowns. His passer rating in the first half was 24.5; in the second half, 144.5. It was a miniature version of the Jaguars’ entire season: losing five of their first six, then winning their final five to storm into the playoffs on the season’s final weekend....

Lawrence leveled up against the Chargers, establishing himself as one of the AFC’s must-watch quarterbacks of the future. He is undefeated on Saturdays in high school, college and the pros, though none of those victories came as tough as this one....
"Good." I wonder how many people bet on the Jags when they were down 0-27 and what the payout was. :shock: :crazy:

EDIT: I wrote this earlier, but didn't get around to finishing it and posting:

1:00 PM EST TV: CBS
(7) Dolphins 9-8 @(2) Buffalo 13-3 (-13.5 ouch). Go football.
EDIT: Hah, already 14-0 Bills, still in the 1st. I guess Hamlin tweeted support from home, darn.
I expect Damar Hamlin to be in attendance, perhaps cozy in a box, perhaps in civvies on the sideline. One way or another, loooong standing O. The toy drive for the kids at his mother's daycare - $2,500 goal - has brought in around $8.9 million from 246.5K donors. :cry: :thumbup:

4:30 PM EST TV: FOX
(6) Giants 9-7-1 @(3) Minnesota 13-4 (-3). Go football.

I sincerely say, "Go football" for these games, but usually end up rooting for the underdog once the game gets going just because, as happened with Seattle.

8:15 PM EST TV: NBC
GO (6) Ravens 10-7 > @(3) Cincinnati 12-4 (-8.5 :problem: )!!!
After the Jags, anything is possible.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:shock: :lol: Déjà vu. Down 17-0, Miami risks an unnecessary but symbolically important 2 point try, ties the game at 17-17 with 33 seconds left in the half :crazy: , but the Bills are driving.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:54 pm
:shock: :lol: Déjà vu. Down 17-0, Miami risks an unnecessary but symbolically important 2 point try, ties the game at 17-17 with 33 seconds left in the half :crazy: , but the Bills are driving.
Miami does seem to give Buffalo fits, but a third string quarterback taking them to a photo finish?

C'mon man!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:38 pm
Miami does seem to give Buffalo fits, but a third string quarterback taking them to a photo finish?

C'mon man!
Miami sure smashed the +13.5 spread.

That was fun, if a little sloppy. 32 points off of TOs, half of the total, last I heard. Might have been more by the end. Go Bills!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That was also exciting. So far, only the 2nd half of the SF game wasn't competitive. High scoring, too. One team has scored 31 in each of the games other than the SF game, which coincidentally had an average final score of 32. Go Giants . . . or @Eagles! :think:

Also, GO @SF > Brady Bay and especially Dallas.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:01 pm
That was also exciting. So far, only the 2nd half of the SF game wasn't competitive. High scoring, too. One team has scored 31 in each of the games other than the SF game, which coincidentally had an average final score of 32. Go Giants . . . or @Eagles! :think:

Also, GO @SF > Brady Bay and especially Dallas.
Surprisingly good Wild Card weekend.

It usually sucks.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unreal.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:36 pm
Unreal.
Crap. That 99 yard scoop and score (Playoff record) was really really stupid.

GO Jags > @KC
GO @Bills > Cincy

Let's hope there isn't another cardiac arrest.

Mon, 1/16, 8:15 PM EST, TV: ABC
GO @(4) Brady Bay 8-9 > (5) Dallas 12-5 (-2.5)
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I know he's had a decent year statistically.....but.

Brady is not sharp.

Brady really hasn't been sharp all year. He can't be having any fun.

He might really be done this time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:57 pm
I know he's had a decent year statistically.....but.

Brady is not sharp.

Brady really hasn't been sharp all year. He can't be having any fun.

He might really be done this time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidaxelrod ... 7666091008
Think that was his last? I wouldn't bet on it. I think I saw that a couple of teams are courting him.

I'm 1-2 on the weekend :thumbdown: . GO 'Niners!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:09 pm

Think that was his last? I wouldn't bet on it. I think I saw that a couple of teams are courting him.

I'm 1-2 on the weekend :thumbdown: . GO 'Niners!
-0-?

He doesn't know.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well I gotta say without further detail I don't see any reason for menstrual items in the boys' room. But I continue to be totally amazed at how long that cat box story - that started out as some kind of derisive joke - has stayed around.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:55 am
Well I gotta say without further detail I don't see any reason for menstrual items in the boys' room. But I continue to be totally amazed at how long that cat box story - that started out as some kind of derisive joke - has stayed around.
-0-?
I'm going to defer and assume the professionals know better than I do.
"We ensure that students have toilet paper, paper towels, soap and Band-Aids, and we should ensure that students have period products as well,” Feist told the House Education Policy Committee last week in the video. "Not all students who menstruate are female."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:55 am
You would be wrong, according to the bill's sponsor. First off, the primary intent is of course to make them available to girls, for strong reasons. From the MN Leg:

Access to menstrual products in schools would be required under bill
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:35 am
-0-?
I'm going to defer and assume the professionals know better than I do.
"We ensure that students have toilet paper, paper towels, soap and Band-Aids, and we should ensure that students have period products as well,” Feist told the House Education Policy Committee last week in the video. "Not all students who menstruate are female."
Of course, the always misogynist right seizes on boys' bathrooms being included as a distraction to wind up the christofascist Dungys with. The bill's sponsor makes a persuasive case for not excluding them:
gender-neutral bathrooms making a girls-only rule problematic
trans boys that have not had gender-confirming surgery, as you say

Minnesota Democrat argues for menstrual products in boys’ bathrooms: ‘Not all who menstruate are female’

Idk the politics. Will including or excluding the boys' rooms be a deal breaker for one side or the other?

Off the top of my head:
Sheeesh, who care if the boys' rooms are included? It's not like anyone "grooms" with menstrual products.
Or, the rule could be written to include gender-neutral bathrooms, and a trans boy would only need one female friend to access the free stuff.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Non-discrimination and being inclusive is one thing, but there are people who put way too much emphasis on the unusual to the detriment of the initial concept. So sure, you can find occasional examples of a (former and partly still female) trans male who doesn't have a tampon in pocket, but is that going to drive the decision train? There's about 1.4% total overall trans people in high schools. So if the school has 1,000 students, you might have 14 in some stage of transition and on average about half started out as males. So you've got maybe 7 people to deal with if all of them are still menstruating and none of them carry products or have friends with products. And that's the hill you want to die on? Homey don't think so.

Homey don't think the 99% ought not to bring PBJ to school because of the <1% with a peanut allergy, either. Supposedly about 7% of kids have some kind of food reaction, sometimes called allergy, and some of those are more frequent than peanuts. Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with your own challenges.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:07 am
Non-discrimination and being inclusive is one thing, but there are people who put way too much emphasis on the unusual to the detriment of the initial concept. So sure, you can find occasional examples of a (former and partly still female) trans male who doesn't have a tampon in pocket, but is that going to drive the decision train? There's about 1.4% total overall trans people in high schools. So if the school has 1,000 students, you might have 14 in some stage of transition and on average about half started out as males. So you've got maybe 7 people to deal with if all of them are still menstruating and none of them carry products or have friends with products. And that's the hill you want to die on? Homey don't think so.

Homey don't think the 99% ought not to bring PBJ to school because of the <1% with a peanut allergy, either. Supposedly about 7% of kids have some kind of food reaction, sometimes called allergy, and some of those are more frequent than peanuts. Sometimes you just have to learn to deal with your own challenges.
It'll be fine if some bill passes whether it includes boys' rooms or not. After all, nothing is available to any kid now.

A guess: The boys' rooms stay in the bill. That's what the sponsor wants and the christofascist Dungys will have an outrage issue to raise money off of.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:21 pm
GO @Bills > Cincy
Let's hope there isn't another cardiac arrest.
Betcha Damar Hamlin is there. He's been showing up at the practice facility every day, but TV didn't say he's practicing. Attending the game would be a huge nod to the people of Cincy that saved his life and gave so much support to him and his family.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral