Joe Burrow 6 31 5.2 21 0 0
Ja'Marr Chase 1 3 3.0 3 0 0

Also, Joe Burrow is good.

And Buffalo sucked.

Rushing Rush Yds Avg Long TD FL
Josh Allen 8 26 3.3 6 1 0
Devin Singletary 6 24 4.0 7 0 0
James Cook 5 13 2.6 8 0 0
Yep, finished with 172 Net Yards Rushing vs 63, still just 1 sack.

Burrow is awright:
23/36, 63.9%, 242 Yds, 6.7 Y/A, 2 TD, 0 Int, 1 Sack, 2 YdsL
101.9 QBRat, 0 FL

My preferences in descending order:
Eagles or SF
Cincy
Dallas or KC
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:21 pm

Eagles or SF
Cincy
Dallas or KC
Don't really have a reason, but I've got no great love for the Iggles.

Cincinnati (0-3 never won, underdog thing)
SF
Iggles/KC
Dallas
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:21 pm
Eagles or SF
Cincy
Dallas or KC
Don't really have a reason, but I've got no great love for the Iggles.

Cincinnati (0-3 never won, underdog thing)
SF
Iggles/KC
Dallas
We both want Cincinnati and SF or Iggles > Dallas
We both want Cincinnati and SF > KC
We don't want Dallas vs KC.
Not bad.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I'm not gonna try to understand the last play but YAY 49ers!

(Or, as Useless would say 49rs :lol: )

Edit:

Pleased to see Useless has honed his sports skills and become a superfan. :lol:
@odysseus wrote:Aaaand...

Today, 1-22-23, the SF 49'rs beat the Dallas Cowboys, 16-12, in a very hard fought, low scoring game.

So now the Niners' are onto the NFC championship game, against the Philly Eagles. In Philadelphia. Should be interesting.
-0-?

Any idea what Big XXXX Brock means?

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=250126
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:46 pm
I'm not gonna try to understand the last play but YAY 49ers!

(Or, as Useless would say 49rs :lol: )

Edit:

Pleased to see Useless has honed his sports skills and become a superfan. :lol:
@odysseus wrote:Aaaand...

Today, 1-22-23, the SF 49'rs beat the Dallas Cowboys, 16-12, in a very hard fought, low scoring game.

So now the Niners' are onto the NFC championship game, against the Philly Eagles. In Philadelphia. Should be interesting.
:roll: it was 19-12.
-0-?

Any idea what Big XXXX Brock means?

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=250126
The rooster is a clue.
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/br ... 632211.php

:lol:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:31 pm

The rooster is a clue.
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/br ... 632211.php

Ah I thought it was a reference to 40 or something....

Should a gone with Big C@#K Brock.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm 1-2 for the weekend.
GoCubsGo wrote:
I'm not gonna try to understand the last play but YAY 49ers! ...
-0-? A guess: On a hopeless play Running back/Center Ezekiel Elliott was supposed to get a lateral from the short pass receiver and run all the way for a TD.
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dallas ... gqe88d5pbn

Coincidentally, googling first led me too (2022):

Cowboys lose to 49ers on bizarre final play: Here's what happened in the final seconds of wild card defeat
Explaining the wacky end to an ugly showdown

Opps x 2.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 pm

Explaining the wacky end to an ugly showdown[/b][/url]

Whoa, don't see this every day.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:happy-cheerleaderkid:
I think he meant it!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:56 am
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
I think he meant it!
https://mobile.twitter.com/BarstoolBigC ... 0167112705
I'm guessing this very moment:
GoCubsGo wrote:
I'm not gonna try to understand the last play but YAY 49ers! ...
:lol: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Zeke getting run over was hilarious.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:41 pm
Since that could very well be his last play as a Cowboy....double whammy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:52 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:41 pm
Since that could very well be his last play as a Cowboy....double whammy.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 pm
-0-? A guess: On a hopeless play Running back/Center Ezekiel Elliott was supposed to get a lateral from the short pass receiver and run all the way for a TD.
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/dallas ... gqe88d5pbn
... Running back Ezekiel Elliott handled the snapping duties for some reason and got blown all the way up by a defensive lineman seizing on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity....
Was Ezekiel Elliott Getting Destroyed Part of the Dallas Cowboys' Secret Trick Play?

There will be an enduring scholarly schism over whether the Dallas Cowboys' final play last night was the worst of all time or merely in the top five. In these divisive times, though, we can all agree that it was among the most hilarious....

Allow us to binge several episodes of Joe Rogan and re-visit the last 100 Facebook statuses scrolled past on our parents' shared laptop and present a wild conspiracy theory. One that would explain the secrecy and shed some light on why Elliott may have found himself sprawled out on his back like any number of unfortunate souls who have entered an elimination battle with CT from The Challenge.

That was the play. Elliott was supposed to be blown up. It was all part of the plan. A classic misdirection.

Why? Because when you need a million yards and need to throw the football backward at least a half-dozen times, a little red herring goes a long way. What better way to throw things into even more chaos than having your running back fake an injury after getting pancaked, allowing the Niners to forget about him, only to arise like Lazarus 10 seconds later sprinting down a sideline free and clear for the final lateral?

Laugh if you want. Consider the other option. Which is that wasn't the plan. Way, way, way worse.

So here's where we land. What we all construed as incompetence could actually be brilliance snuffed out before it could fully manifest. Honestly, this feels like the most reasonable explanation. Or it's just a wild conspiracy theory for you to easily dismiss.
:wave:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So the Kansas City football team came into the league as the Chiefs, with an arrowhead logo, feather-headressed mascot, and fans brought tomahawks to Arrowhead Stadium to chop and chant. Over the years they have dropped part of the trappings (the feathers, the tomahawks) and have asked fans to do the chop with a closed fist - I suppose turning it into a "hammer" or something. But they're still Chiefs playing at Arrowhead Stadium and the fans still chant.

Following the lead of teams like Washington and Cleveland who found creative names to use to avoid constant carping from the terminally offended, in 2024 the Kansas City team will become the "Wolves" to recognize an animal not seen in KS or MO in over a hundred years. The mascot, replacing the cheerleader on a paint horse with a guy in a fake wolf suit.

Old mascot:

New mascot:

They may not have totally thought this out, though, because the "chant" will be replaced with the Wolf Whistle which is itself offensive to many.
Spoiler:
Parts of this post are totally made up

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:39 pm
Spoiler:
Parts of this post are totally made up
:roll:
Spoiler:
Mascots and cheerleaders

... Since 1989 the cartoon-like K. C. Wolf, portrayed by Dan Meers in a wolf costume, has served as the team's mascot. The mascot was named after the Chiefs' "Wolfpack", a group of rabid fans from the team's days at Municipal Stadium. K. C. Wolf is one of the most popular NFL mascots and was the league's first mascot inducted into the Mascot Hall of Fame in 2006....
1989. Little slow on the uptake?
Name controversy

... The Chiefs' and their fans use of American Indian imagery and stereotypes has been the source of controversy, as some decry usage of symbols like the "war drum," songs and spectacles like the "Tomahawk Chop," and stereotypical dress of fans in faux war paint and headdresses. In 2016, Native American groups asked the Kansas City Chiefs to stop doing the tomahawk chop. In the same year a similar request was made of Exeter Chiefs (Devon, England). The editorial board of the Kansas City Star newspaper called for the cessation of the "Tomahawk Chop" in late 2019, noting opposition from Native Americans and Tribes, and stating that the practice stereotypes and dehumanizes Native Americans.
Who would have guessed? Let's joke about it, anyhow.
... While there have been efforts to address other issues, such as fans wearing warpaint and headdresses, the tomahawk chop and the accompanying chant is defended, including by some local Native Americans. However, in a national survey, half of Native Americans said the "tomahawk chop" bothered or offended them, rising to 65% among those more engaged in Native traditions.
No plans to change, no hammer.

chiefs.com KC Wolf

No plans to change the team name. The name and logo are not as offensive as with DC and Cleveland, who have changed, but the chant, chop and cosplay are. IMO if half of a target group are bothered, that's sufficient reason to go a new direction.

GO BENGALS!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too: ". IMO if half of a target group are bothered, that's sufficient reason to go a new direction."

So that would be about 1.3 million bothered people, not all of whom are football or KC fans. On the other hand, there are about 2.2 million people in the KC metro area, essentially all of whom will be Chiefs fans.

Btw, "Bengal" doesn't exist anymore, but when it did, it was last held by the British in a state of pretty much total tyranny, with many human rights violations, and prior to that was a land of racism and misogyny. Maybe Cincy could be the Bali Tigers and their cheerleaders could be Bali dancers. They could call the upper deck of their stadium Bali High.

While I'm on a roll, the New York (Jersey) football team has long used a stereotyped term that is insensitive to those challenged with Gigantism, (pediatric acromegaly and pituitary gigantism). While the numbers of people with this condition is not as high as the small people formerly known as "midgets" or "dwarfs", and thus their protest and lobbying strength may not be as powerful, they are nonetheless disrespected in the frivolous use of the term "Giants" and its related connotations.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:00 pm
Vrede too: ". IMO if half of a target group are bothered, that's sufficient reason to go a new direction."

So that would be about 1.3 million bothered people, not all of whom are football or KC fans. On the other hand, there are about 2.2 million people in the KC metro area, essentially all of whom will be Chiefs fans.
False equivalence. They will still be fans whatever the team name is whereas a new name would presumably not offend millions of Indians and their allies.
Btw, "Bengal" doesn't exist anymore, but when it did, it was last held by the British in a state of pretty much total tyranny, with many human rights violations, and prior to that was a land of racism and misogyny.
:roll: The Bengal region still exists, entirely distinct from any British denomination. Besides, the team is named for the Bengal tiger, NOT the now partitioned British province.
The Bengal tiger is a population of the Panthera tigris tigris subspecies. It ranks among the biggest wild cats alive today. It is considered to belong to the world's charismatic megafauna.

The tiger is estimated to have been present in the Indian subcontinent since the Late Pleistocene, for about 12,000 to 16,500 years....
I like that. New NFL rule: "charismatic megafauna" only.
Maybe Cincy could be the Bali Tigers and their cheerleaders could be Bali dancers. They could call the upper deck of their stadium Bali High.
Football Balis sounds silly. Besides, that would be sad:
The Bali tiger was a Panthera tigris sondaica population on the Indonesian island of Bali which has been extinct since the 1950s (thanks, Holland :x ).

It was formerly regarded as a distinct tiger subspecies with the scientific name Panthera tigris balica, which had been assessed as extinct on the IUCN Red List in 2008. In 2017, felid taxonomy was revised, and it was subordinated to P. t. sondaica, which also includes the still surviving Sumatran tiger.
Cincinnati Sumatrans might be offensive in a different way, though.
While I'm on a roll, the New York (Jersey) football team has long used a stereotyped term that is insensitive to those challenged with Gigantism, (pediatric acromegaly and pituitary gigantism). While the numbers of people with this condition is not as high as the small people formerly known as "midgets" or "dwarfs", and thus their protest and lobbying strength may not be as powerful, they are nonetheless disrespected in the frivolous use of the term "Giants" and its related connotations.
Are any irl Giants complaining? If so, I wouldn't want to mess with them. ;)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well mostly I just have a good time with issues of perpetual offense and don't take myself or others very seriously. But I think the offended Indians might want to consider another perspective. Granted, "Redskins" and "Chief Wahoo" are a bit sketchy. But names like "Chiefs", "Braves" and "Warriors" are not inherently, nor intended, to be disrespectful. IMNVHO, many Indians fought bravely and gallantly against cruel oppressors, usually outmanned and with inferior weaponry. Their culture and existence was attacked, and the violence they wreaked was in defense and totally justified. I don't see that calling a team "Warriors" or using Indian imagery is de-humanizing or derogatory. Now a better argument that I would buy into is in objecting to the cultural misappropriation - in essence saying that nobody who isn't really a decorated Indian can wear feathers. A "stolen valor" objection.

I don't like the Chief's shared chant, but I don't think anything about their name, their logo or their imagery overall is offensive. Except that silly wolf.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

That other New Jersey football team the Jets has habitually and chronically pissed off most of Puerto Rico and more importantly, the Sharks.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:51 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Are any irl Giants complaining? If so, I wouldn't want to mess with them. ;)
I don't think so. I think they're all playing basketball and don't follow football or baseball.

Charles Byrne, however, would probably object to having a team named for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... on-museum/