Gymnastics

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Gymnastics

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn ... 3b795.html

Another national team member is coming to Auburn.

"Katelyn Jong, winner of all-around gold in the junior women division at the 2021 U.S. National Gymnastics Championships, announced her commitment to the Tigers on Wednesday night."

"As a member of the class of 2024, she’d first compete with Auburn starting in January 2025. She joins five-star prospect Olivia Ahern as part of Auburn’s class of 2024.

Auburn has five-star Julianne Huff and four-star Lyden Saltness committed as part of the class of 2023."'
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Perhaps the ladies could help out the football team in their spare time.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:21 am
Please don't let them get anywhere near coach blufield.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:21 am
:lol: :---P
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:36 pm
Please don't let them get anywhere near coach blufield.
No worries, breaking news: Jeff Graba named joint gymnastics/football Head Coach
"I'm used to blue mats."
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/loc ... 0826819f56

In a video posted to social media on Tuesday, Lee, who won three medals with Team USA at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, announced that this will be her last season competing with Auburn University gymnastics. Lee said she's returning to elite gymnastics to focus on training for the upcoming 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Too bad, but it was good while it lasted. Think she'll be back?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:24 pm
Too bad, but it was good while it lasted. Think she'll be back?
This is best for her. I don't think she'll be back to compete, but I could see her coming back to graduate as Bo, Cam and others have done at Auburn and at other schools.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Suni scores a 10 on the beam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBaFQChb-zw

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:10 pm
Suni scores a 10 on the beam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBaFQChb-zw
:clap: Okay, you've got an Olympian, but LSU has the NCAA national NIL champion in all sports, artistic gymnast Olivia "Livvy" Dunne.
https://livvydunne.com/

The most followed NCAA athlete on social media with 6.7M followers
6800000 TikTok Followers
3000000 Instagram Followers
31200000 Most Viewed Video
... She earns $2million a year from her social media fame, beauty and sporting skills....

Then, there's LSU's artistic gymnastics social media 2nd string, Elena Arenas.

... Arenas has 210,000 followers on her TikTok page, while her Instagram recently crossed the 100,000 barrier....

Eat your heart out, Auburn. TikTok and NIL are where the real college sports competition happens.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:15 am

Eat your heart out, Auburn. TikTok and NIL are where the real college sports competition happens.
Let me know when they start their Only Fans.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:28 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:15 am

Let me know when they start their Only Fans.
Maybe in their 30s. With hundreds of thousands or millions of followers I don't think they need to bother now. In fact, they may have retired wealthy by their 30s. Bon-bon time!
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Bon-bon time! - funny

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.al.com/auburn/2023/04/olymp ... areer.html

"I have been dealing with a non-gymnastics health related issue involving my kidneys. For my safety, the medical team did not clear me to train and compete over the last few weeks. I am blessed and thankful to be working with the best specialized medical team to treat and manage my diagnosis. My focus at this time is my health and recovery.

Hope she's okay.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:37 pm
https://www.al.com/auburn/2023/04/olymp ... areer.html

"I have been dealing with a non-gymnastics health related issue involving my kidneys. For my safety, the medical team did not clear me to train and compete over the last few weeks. I am blessed and thankful to be working with the best specialized medical team to treat and manage my diagnosis. My focus at this time is my health and recovery.

Hope she's okay.
Update ICYMI:

Olympic Gymnast Suni Lee Opens Up About Being Diagnosed with Incurable Kidney Disease

:problem: :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Simone Biles wins 6th worlds all-around, sets medals mark

Not even a slight stumble near the end could stop Simone Biles. Less than three months after returning to competition, the American superstar is back at the top of world gymnastics once again.

Biles overcame a late blip in her floor routine after an otherwise dominant performance to win the individual all-around title at the world championships for the sixth time on Friday and become the most decorated gymnast in history.

Even for someone who has now stood atop that world championship podium 21 times, that was enough to draw some tears during the medal ceremony in Antwerp -- the Belgian city where Biles started her collection of titles a decade ago as a 16-year-old....

Biles scored 58.399 points across the balance beam, floor, vault and uneven bars to beat Rebeca Andrade, the Brazilian defending champion, by 1.633 points. Biles' U.S. teammate Shilese Jones took the bronze medal with 56.332 points.

It was Biles' 27th world championship medal -- and 21st gold. It came two days after the four-time Olympic gold medalist led the U.S women to a record seventh straight win in the team event.
:-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| :-|| - Years
:-|| x 21 golds
And it came after a two-year break following her appearance in the pandemic-delayed Tokyo Olympics, which was plagued by a bout with a mental block known as "the twisties." She was expected to repeat as individual all-around champion in Tokyo but removed herself from competition to focus on her mental well-being.
I was sure that she was done. Retaining the physical shape and talent is amazing. The display of psychological recovery and strength is unbelievable.
... Biles now has 34 medals across the world championships and Olympics, making her the most decorated gymnast ever -- male or female -- at the sport's two signature events ahead of the retired Vitaly Scherbo.

Her six all-around world titles also ties the all-time record....

With the Olympics Games in less than a year in Paris, Biles is back to her very best. And despite the fierce competition from Andrade and Jones, she remains a cut above the rest -- a full decade after she started her reign.

"She is like wine, she is better with age," her coach Cecile Landi said.

After announcing her return, she impressed at the U.S. Classic in early August then added her eighth national title a few weeks later. She is competing at her first world championships since 2019 this week....

Biles and Jones took pride in the fact that three athletes of color stood on the podium.

"We had our Black podium of girls," Biles said. "So I thought that was amazing. Black girl magic. So, hopefully it just teaches all the young girls out there that you can do anything."

Jones agreed.

"I feel like sometimes young girls are like, oh, I can't do it because of my skin tone, but really just believe in yourself and anything is possible," Jones said.
Biles' competition continues this weekend with the women's vault and uneven bars finals on Saturday and the balance beam and floor exercise finals on Sunday.
I don't understand. Aren't these components of the all-around? Anyone?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Well shit.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Home now - recovering, not home to die.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:13 pm
Home now - recovering, not home to die.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Here’s some of the bs surrounding her not having insurance.

“Why didn t Mary Lou Retton have insurance?

Retton may not have had access to employer-sponsored insurance. Publicly available sources that I checked indicate that she is not currently employed — and also that she is not currently married, so she wouldn't have the opportunity to qualify through a spouse's employer.Nov 6, 2023”

None of which has anything to do with not having insurance

So of course the multimillionaire needed her fans to dig deep.

“Olympian Mary Lou Retton Returns From The Hospital Amid $450K Donations. Retired Olympic gymnast Mary Lou Retton is back home after fighting for her life in the ICU.Oct 23, 2023”

That was her take 2 months ago.

What is Mary Lou Retton net worth 2023?
2 million

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for rich people without insurance, especially celebrities who see Go Fund Me as a way around spending their money.

My wild and unfounded guess - she’s never contributed to any of the people who actually needed Go Fund Me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:39 pm
Here’s some of the bs surrounding her not having insurance.

“Why didn't Mary Lou Retton have insurance?

Retton may not have had access to employer-sponsored insurance. Publicly available sources that I checked indicate that she is not currently employed — and also that she is not currently married, so she wouldn't have the opportunity to qualify through a spouse's employer. Nov 6, 2023”

None of which has anything to do with not having insurance

So of course the multimillionaire needed her fans to dig deep.

“Olympian Mary Lou Retton Returns From The Hospital Amid $450K Donations. Retired Olympic gymnast Mary Lou Retton is back home after fighting for her life in the ICU. Oct 23, 2023”

That was her take 2 months ago.

What is Mary Lou Retton net worth 2023?
2 million

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for rich people without insurance, especially celebrities who see Go Fund Me as a way around spending their money.

My wild and unfounded guess - she’s never contributed to any of the people who actually needed Go Fund Me.
I can't find the GoFundMe for the gymnast. Oh wait, it's on a platform called Spotfund:
$459,264 of $50,000 goal :roll:
It was posted by her 4 daughters, protecting their inheritance no doubt. They probably figured it was imminent and that they needed to move fast.

Found this on GoFundMe, launched at least 1 month ago:
Mary Lou Retton

Hi my name is Kristina. My Ford Focus who I named Mary Lou Retton and has been with me for many years through all lifes ups and downs is sadly in need of major surgery to repair her transmission. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

$50 raised of $3,500 goal
:lol:
1312. ETTD.