Liberty News Forum

A conservative forum.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Liberty News Forum

Unread post by Vrede too »

.Oomba. wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:07 am
billy.pilgrim wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:13 pm
.Oomba. wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:04 amCarter is my favorite POTUS of my lifetime.
I'd like to evaluate a few more before I go,
but for the time being, Carter is my GOAL.
I'm unrealistically looking another Carter with the ruthlessness of an FDR.
You sweet talker!
You're volunteering? Do you think having a handle so similar to 'Obama' will help or hinder you?

I'd go with Carter and Obama being my favorite POTUSes of my lifetime, but both were flawed.
I'd go with the Roosevelts being my favorites of the 20th Century, for VERY different reasons.
Carter is my favorite ex-POTUS of ANY time.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I just don't see Obama as anything more than Mitch's punching bag.
What is it he did?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:54 pm I just don't see Obama as anything more than Mitch's punching bag.
What is it he did?
Besides ending the Great Recession, ending the war in Iraq, getting Bin Laden and getting the ACA passed?

There's more I'm sure.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:08 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:54 pm I just don't see Obama as anything more than Mitch's punching bag.
What is it he did?
Besides ending the Great Recession, ending the war in Iraq, getting Bin Laden and getting the ACA passed?

There's more I'm sure.
any dem could have ended Bush's recession, but few would have caved and made Bush's expiring tax cuts permanent. Bush didn't want to catch bin laden and stop the gravey tain of war.
And the aca, or Obama care as he seemed to like was nothing but a republican plan to feed the insurance companies and had nothing to do with why he was elected.
The man doesn't have a ruthless bone in his body and throughout his 8 years never stood up to McConnell.

He knew voting had to be reformed but did nothing. Even worse, he knew the Russians were fixing the 2016 election, but he was too scared of Mitch to tell the American people.
He allowed BP to steal oil, pollute the gulf and break laws without consequence.
He was "too busy" to use his great oratory skills to sway the American people.
I had great hopes for him, but he at most took two steps forward after Bush's 10 steps back.
He could of been great, but was too busy trying to look good. What was it they said, when they low low we go high. Great parental advice for a 10 year old, but no way to fight republicans.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:49 pm
What is it he did?

There's more I'm sure.
any dem could have ended Bush's recession, but few would have caved and made Bush's expiring tax cuts permanent. Bush didn't want to catch bin laden and stop the gravey tain of war.
And the aca, or Obama care as he seemed to like was nothing but a republican plan to feed the insurance companies and had nothing to do with why he was elected.
The man doesn't have a ruthless bone in his body and throughout his 8 years never stood up to McConnell.

He knew voting had to be reformed but did nothing. Even worse, he knew the Russians were fixing the 2016 election, but he was too scared of Mitch to tell the American people.
He allowed BP to steal oil, pollute the gulf and break laws without consequence.
I had great hopes for him, but he at most took two steps forward after Bush's 10 steps back.
He could of been great, but was too busy trying to look good. What was it they said, when they low low we go high. Great parental advice for a 10 year old, but no way to fight republicans.
Ya know, like it or not Washington is a town of half a loaf. It's the reality and it's that way even when your party controls the white house and both chambers of Congress. Obama wound up more center than advertised, and he's more pragmatist than idealist.

As far as any Democrat ending the recession, that's a wild ass guess. Bush was obsessed with catching Bin Laden. He chose the ACA over voting reform un the two years he had. BP, I don't know what you're talking about. They paid out the ass.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwat ... ettlements

As far as Mitch goes, he's scummy and Mitch did what Mitch does. Not much a president can do to stop him. Seperation of powers and such.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:57 am
billy.pilgrim wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:49 pm
What is it he did?

There's more I'm sure.

Ya know, like it or not Washington is a town of half a loaf. It's the reality and it's that way even when your party controls the white house and both chambers of Congress. Obama wound up more center than advertised, and he's more pragmatist than idealist.

As far as any Democrat ending the recession, that's a wild ass guess. Bush was obsessed with catching Bin Laden. He chose the ACA over voting reform un the two years he had. BP, I don't know what you're talking about. They paid out the ass.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwat ... ettlements

As far as Mitch goes, he's scummy and Mitch did what Mitch does. Not much a president can do to stop him. Seperation of powers and such.
it may look like BP paid; they're did pay a lot. We spent weeks begging for access to their camera at the leak; we never sent our own people down to observe, instead we relied on BP to tell us how much oil was lost. They owed the American government by contract for every barrel released from the lease site. When we finally got access to their images, our estimate was (I don't remember exactly but our estimate was some 20, 50, or a hundred times greater. Maybe our estimates prevailed but we have no way to proved the 1st few weeks.

One aspect of disaster capitalism is creating subsidiaries and top brass forming new companies to "clean up". I have a huge story here. One of these days I need to put it together.

But the worst was the steady flow of Corexit to the well head for an illegal use and again, Obama did nothing. I guess he was too busy helping the insurance industry to make a troublesome request for the coast guard to stop their corexit dump.

Corexit only works with sunlight. Using it at the well head caused the oil to become heavier than water and sink to where it still remains, polluting a huge area of the Gulf floor and waiting for whatever event pushes it onshore.

Oh please, moderate Clinton at least stared down the republicans when they threatened to shut down the government and just how did McConnell prevent Obama from passing down to all of us the intelligence that the Russians were subverting our elections?

Yet we pass it all off as an insurmountable wall with Obama as some sort of victim. All when our country was in crisis. I guess I expect a President who can deal with more than one issue at a time - a full-time worker in crisis like Carter or either Clinton. Instead we got Mr popularity. He moved us one step forward after Bush's 10 steps backwards.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

IIRC, the U.S. government simply didn't have the capability and/or the technology to do anything regarding the leak, we still don't. We rely on the private sector for better or worse. Also I seem to remember seeing video of the leak pretty much from the get go, but I may be wrong. This was more in your backyard than mine and you obviously have kept up better than I.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=255824
Odysseus wrote:
CadesCove wrote:
freonbale wrote:You can't be serious with this logic.

I'm assuming this is a troll post.

NO ONE could be this dumb.

Freon
I'm sorry, have you met Archie?
Duh, Freon just responded to one of Archie's many plagiarism posts. Did you not comprehend this?

It's a jocular and well known figure of speech validating Freon's opinion. Did you not comprehend this?

This is, after all, the Internet. Physically meeting a poster is not necessary for the purposes of response.

As has oft been mentioned here, Useless takes literalism to the point of stupidity.
Dumb as Archie? Have you met Useless?
1312. ETTD.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:12 pm https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=255824
Odysseus wrote:
CadesCove wrote:

Freon
Duh, Freon just responded to one of Archie's many plagiarism posts. Did you not comprehend this?

It's a jocular and well known figure of speech validating Freon's opinion. Did you not comprehend this?

This is, after all, the Internet. Physically meeting a poster is not necessary for the purposes of response.

As has oft been mentioned here, Useless takes literalism to the point of stupidity.

The dude's never met a rhetorical he could understand.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:35 pmThe dude's never met a rhetorical he could understand.
That would be a good reply:
Have you met rhetorical?
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:21 am IIRC, the U.S. government simply didn't have the capability and/or the technology to do anything regarding the leak, we still don't. We rely on the private sector for better or worse. Also I seem to remember seeing video of the leak pretty much from the get go, but I may be wrong. This was more in your backyard than mine and you obviously have kept up better than I.
Not what I said.
Not at all what I said.
Obama completely ignored what he could have done.

He could have taken over the live feed from the well head and
He could have stopped the corexit from being used illegally.

There was a bunch of back and forth and pretty pleases trying to get permission to see their video feed of our oul spewing into the gulf and when we got it the film proved BP was lying.

oops, it wS over 3 weeks bef6bp graciously allowed us to see a 30 second clip.

"May 13: After BP released underwater video footage of the leak, independent experts such as Purdue University associate professor Steve Wereley said the flow rate is probably much higher than the official estimate.

Wereley estimated that about 70,000 barrels (2.94 million gallons) of oil were leaking each day, based on an analysis of video of the spill. "You can't say with precision, but you can see there's definitely more coming out of that pipe than people thought," he said. "It's definitely not 5,000 barrels a day."
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Saved from Friday's ban:

The lease from the American taxpayers to BP requires BP to pay at a certain rate for all the oil removed, no matter the circumstances. I can't imagine anyone couldn't see the motive for BP to lie about the oil flowing into the Gulf.
Mike Papantonio, a local big shot attorney and a co-host on Ring of Fire, estimated 100,000, but then he too has a motive.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=260035
jasmine wrote:
Useless wrote:
jasmine wrote:... Until you apparently got booted out. Imagine being such a jerk that even fellow libbies can't stand you. Imagine being so toxic that your next-door neighbor felt compelled to beat the crap out of you.
Two-ton Jasmine now blocked.
If you were skilled at blocking, maybe your neighbor wouldn’t have been able to beat the daylights out of you.
:lol:
1312. ETTD.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:26 pm https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=260035
jasmine wrote:
Useless wrote:
jasmine wrote:... Until you apparently got booted out. Imagine being such a jerk that even fellow libbies can't stand you. Imagine being so toxic that your next-door neighbor felt compelled to beat the crap out of you.
If you were skilled at blocking, maybe your neighbor wouldn’t have been able to beat the daylights out of you.
Poor Useless.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:35 pm
Vrede too wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:12 pmhttps://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=255824
Odysseus wrote:
CadesCove wrote:

Freon

The dude's never met a rhetorical he could understand.
Guess we have a butthurt lurker.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=261095
Useless wrote:
CadesCove wrote:So you think Archie is smart and an angel?
Archie may well be smarter than Vrede...
:lol: The notion of Useless rating anyone's intelligence is a scream.

Vrede: 1
Useless: 0
1312. ETTD.
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The dude has serious cognition issues.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:56 pm The dude has serious cognition issues.
CTE courtesy of his neighbor.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:46 pm
O Really wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:56 pmThe dude has serious cognition issues.
CTE courtesy of his neighbor.
Could be, but Useless was pretty stupid well before that, which might be why he got his ass kicked.
https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=261134
slefty wrote:
Useless wrote:This thread is about LNF, not about the Blue Racist Debate forum.

If you want to discuss the Blue Racist Debate Forum, please start your own thread.

Thanks for understanding.
Take your own advice.
:---P
Useless wrote:I suspect Mr. Slefty is really Mrs. Vrede in disguise.
Leaving aside Useless cowering from the point and fantasizing about me being a married female, slefty may or may not be one of my 3 LNF personas. :think: -0-? :shh:
1312. ETTD.
Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Or?
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Vrede too wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:26 pm https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... lTo=260035
jasmine wrote:
Useless wrote:
She can be very funny. In fact,
if you don't take her seriously,
she is funny most of the time.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.