2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:58 pm
He'll be missed.🙄

What did Fascist DerSantis offer Pompeo . . . or threaten him with?
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:23 pm
Well, there goes that beach house I was counting on. Mike told me he'd buy me one if I shilled for him with the woke crowd. I lied and told him I would. The joke's on him. Right after he tweeted that, I called him and told him that he better get some fish slap antidote.
Ah, that explains it. neoplacebo crushes the dreams of yet another pol. :-||
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:02 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:58 pm
He'll be missed.🙄

What did Fascist DerSantis offer Pompeo . . . or threaten him with?
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:23 pm
Well, there goes that beach house I was counting on. Mike told me he'd buy me one if I shilled for him with the woke crowd. I lied and told him I would. The joke's on him. Right after he tweeted that, I called him and told him that he better get some fish slap antidote.
Ah, that explains it. neoplacebo crushes the dreams of yet another pol. :-||
:lol: I went along with him, humoring him for a while. All the while knowing he'd end up a smoldering heap of nothing. All I said to him was "well, at least you don't have to worry about your hair turning white. You've got that covered."

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

He lost all that weight for nothing.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:55 am
Kind of interesting it doesn't mention Clinton beating Bush with the help of Perot.
Yeah, he did leave that one out, although it does support his point about 3rd party spoilers.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:04 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:55 am
Kind of interesting it doesn't mention Clinton beating Bush with the help of Perot.
Yeah, he did leave that one out, although it does support his point about 3rd party spoilers.
Maybe Perot was omitted because it's less clear whether he was a spoiler.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Unit ... n#Analysis
... The effect of Ross Perot's candidacy has been a contentious point of debate for many years. In the ensuing months after the election, various Republicans asserted that Perot had acted as a spoiler, enough to the detriment of Bush to lose him the election. While many disaffected conservatives may have voted for Ross Perot to protest Bush's tax increase, further examination of the Perot vote in the Election Night exit polls not only showed that Perot siphoned votes nearly equally among Bush and Clinton, but roughly two-thirds of those voters who cited Bush's broken "No New Taxes" pledge as "very important" (25%) voted for Bill Clinton. The voting numbers reveal that to win the electoral vote Bush would have had to win 10 of the 11 states Clinton won by less than five percentage points. For Bush to earn a majority of the popular vote, he would have needed 12.2% of Perot's 18.9% of the vote, 65% of Perot's support base. State exit polls suggested that Perot did not alter the electoral college count, except potentially in one state (Ohio), which nonetheless showed a result in the margin of error. Furthermore, Perot was most popular in states that strongly favored either Clinton or Bush, limiting his real electoral impact for either candidate.

Perot gained relatively little support in the Southern states and happened to have the best showing in states with few electoral votes. Perot appealed to disaffected voters all across the political spectrum who had grown weary of the two-party system. NAFTA played a role in Perot's support, and Perot voters were relatively moderate on hot-button social issues. A 1999 study in the American Journal of Political Science estimated that Perot's candidacy hurt the Clinton campaign, reducing "Clinton's margin of victory over Bush by seven percentage point." In 2016, FiveThirtyEight noted that it was "unlikely" that Perot was a spoiler.

Clinton, Bush, and Perot did not focus on abortion during the campaign. Exit polls, however, showed that attitudes toward abortion "significantly influenced" the vote, as pro-choice Republicans defected from Bush.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I fucked up. Posted a comment thinking about Pence instead of Pompeo.....but, hell, two Mikes, two P's....give me a fucking break. Or at least give me 11.780 potato chips for my collection.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

That's actually pretty funny.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:36 pm
That's actually pretty funny.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/ ... 5193759751
Useless is envious.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Republicans are alarmed about a Mastriano for Senate bid. Even Trump.

This is great.
TRE45QN will win the nomination and get stomped in Nov.
I may just have to send a donation to Former PINO's former minion Mastriano so the same thing happens to him.
GoDougGo!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:52 am
Trump's growing GOP challengers revive fears of 2016 repeat

Good, an Rx for losing in the general. I say this with some slight trepidation that we may have a tiny chance of getting Dolt .45.2.

Nikki Haley - TRE45QN stained, plus no way the modern GQP nominates a woman or a non-White.
Fascist DerSantis - Peaking too soon, too much right wingnuttery to win the general, TRE45QN stained....
Larry Elder's Presidential Announcement Sparks Avalanche of Jokes, Memes

... Elder, who ran unsuccessfully in California's recall election in 2021 against Governor Gavin Newsom, announced Thursday on Tucker Carlson's show on Fox News that he was running for president within the ranks of the Republican Party....

... "Black community: nothing could be worse than [South Carolina Republican Senator] Tim Scott," wrote another Twitter user. "Larry Elder: hold my beer."

... "Maybe he just enjoys losing," commented another one in one of many tweets mentioning Elder's loss to Newsom in 2021.

"I don't hate Larry Elder, but I don't really know what his angle is here," the conservative political account Red Eagle Politics said on Twitter. "There is a zero percent chance than anyone not named Trump or DeSantis wins this nomination, and probably around a 15 percent chance anyone not named Trump wins it."

... As of April 12, Trump led a list of potential candidates with 49.3 percent of the vote, followed by Ron DeSantis with 26.2 percent....
Oh no, he and Tim Scott will split the Black RepuQ vote. :lol: :wave:

One more nail in Fascist DerSantis' coffin. Multi-candidates only help TRE45QN.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I might have dithered with this poll. My feelings in red.
Poll: How do Americans feel about a Trump-Biden rematch? 'Exhaustion' tops the list.
More Americans say they feel “exhaustion” over the prospect of a 2024 contest between Biden and his predecessor than any other emotion.

... The survey of 1,530 U.S. adults, which was conducted from April 14 to 17, found that 38% chose exhaustion after being shown a list of eight feelings and asked to select all that “come to mind” when considering another Biden vs. Trump campaign.

Among registered voters, the number is even higher: 44%. Yep, same old, same old.

No other sentiment — not fear (29%), Yep, Dolt .45 might win
sadness (23%), We can't do better?
hope (23%), Joe hasn't been bad, and he might be very good like Obama was his last 2 years
anger (23%), TRE45QN should be in prison
excitement (16%), The RepuQs might get stomped for a 5th time in a row. TRE45QN's felonious and narrow EC win doesn't count as a GQP win
pride (8%) Meh, not so much
or gratitude (7%) Meh, not so much
— cracks the 30% mark among all Americans.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Frustrated, anger, some sadness. Definitely no excitement, pride or gratitude. Only hope is that Trump isn't elected. It is beyond belief and ridiculousness that we don't get better candidates. 535 Congresscritters, 50 governors, some big-city mayors, lotta high level Secretary of State type people with extensive varied experience, some high-profile celebrities (maybe not the best choice, but still), heads of corporations and innovators.
Out of all those people, we can only get Trump or maybe DeSantis and Biden? Why do other places get Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, Ardern and we get the Johnsons?

There are answers, of course, and I don't like any of them. Some good people don't want to run because of the public trashing or the sheer amount of institutional obstacles to getting anything done. The parties have to appease their fringes; they play is "safe" because the cost of failure is so high...yada.

Still sucks.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

A reminder.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:04 am
A reminder.
https://twitter.com/AGHamilton29/status ... 7989824512
I'm not disagreeing with AG Hamilton, but I wondered if his is a pro-Fascist DerSantis agenda given Dolt .45's lead in the polls. Yep, he's anti-Trump, RepuQ and defends Ron:
https://twitter.com/AGHamilton29
https://aghamilton29.substack.com/archive
https://aghamilton29.substack.com/p/ag-report-2232023

Is he trying to convince donors that things aren't as bad as they seem? Obama did win, but everyone would have rather been Hillary this far out.

He also occasionally writes for the National Review: "A. G. Hamilton is the pseudonym of a licensed attorney."
https://www.nationalreview.com/author/a-g-hamilton/

The actual primaries could just as easily swing further against his boy.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

North Carolina: Mark Robinson attracts scrutiny as extremist in Republican race
Lieutenant governor has achieved national notoriety over views on LGBTQ+ rights, guns, abortion and more

He's very bad for society, but Idk if his candidacy will be a bad thing for who we eventually end up with.

One scenario: Practical and/or racist NC RepuQs won't vote for him, and he ends up making their nominee look not that extreme. :problem:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Biden expected to tap Julie Rodriguez to run 2024 campaign

... Rodriguez, a longtime Democratic party activist, also worked in former President Barack Obama's White House. She's the granddaughter of labor leader Cesar Chavez and labor activist Helen Fabela Chávez.

Growing up in California she was active in campaigns, picket lines, boycotts, marches and union meetings....
If so, NICE!!! though I feel old. She's 45.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Biden needs to retire
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:54 pm
Biden needs to retire
Agreed, but who do you want for the nomination

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Biden needs to retire
The only viable one I can think of is Newsome.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:18 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Biden needs to retire
The only viable one I can think of is Newsome.
I would vote for Newsome