Moronic Kevin McCarthy

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Moronic Kevin McCarthy

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm
Goddamn, he sort of looks like that Matt Whitaker stooge trump put in as Attorney General for a few hours. This could be some sort of deep state conspiracy complete with a "far left radical Democrat" as proof of......something that has to be stomped even though it always gets away. shit
I may have a chance if I move quickly.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:00 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:05 pm

Smart, gorgeous, accomplished, radical left, bartender - checks every one of my boxes :thumbup: . But, got engaged in April 2022. :problem:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/im ... esize=1200:*

:headscratch: He must have a big . . . personality.
She can dance too!
:doh: I forgot about that. Dance:

AOC Dancing (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)

How RepuQs flopped in response:

Leaked video of dancing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez goes viral

Not just dance, but dance in a multi-racial homage to academia AND the greatest movie ever, The Breakfast Club, AND she danced Ally Sheedy's steps. Add graceful, rhythmic, creative, fun loving, cinephile to my list, the perfect woman!

The interweb says it better than me, as always:
It should be compulsory for every politician to publish a video of them dancing!
You don't stop Dancing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop Dancing!
They thought dancing would discredit her... lol
Wow a young woman having fun, outrageous!
Says more about those who thought the video would hurt her than it does her. I think it's cool.
:thumbup: I like and respect bartenders, too.
"This woman was dancing, fully clothed and with a smile on her face... This will destroy her career!"
She danced right into my ♥️
Adorable smart girl
I'd be more worried about a representative who had never danced.

PS: Alexandria, you are an intelligent, articulate, charming woman - the opposite of almost every republican representative. You are what the USA needs to restore our reputation internationally and restore responsible government domestically.
:thumbup:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:36 pm

Not just dance, but dance in a multi-racial homage to academia AND the greatest movie ever, The Breakfast Club, AND she danced Ally Sheedy's steps. Add graceful, rhythmic, creative, fun loving, cinephile to my list, the perfect woman!

The interweb says it better than me, as always:
It should be compulsory for every politician to publish a video of them dancing!
You don't stop Dancing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop Dancing!
They thought dancing would discredit her... lol
Wow a young woman having fun, outrageous!
Says more about those who thought the video would hurt her than it does her. I think it's cool.
:thumbup: I like and respect bartenders, too.
"This woman was dancing, fully clothed and with a smile on her face... This will destroy her career!"
She danced right into my ♥️
Adorable smart girl
I'd be more worried about a representative who had never danced.

PS: Alexandria, you are an intelligent, articulate, charming woman - the opposite of almost every republican representative. You are what the USA needs to restore our reputation internationally and restore responsible government domestically.
:thumbup:
Adorable.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Courage under fire:

Kevin McCarthy Says He Won't Support Reelection Of George Santos
The House speaker still isn't calling for the New York Republican to resign.

Wow, it's a huge risk to not back the reelection of a pol who might be in prison, who can't win a theoretical primary and who won't win a general vs ANY Dem. Bravo, SINO McCarthy, bravo! :roll:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

How long until we wave bye bye to SINO? :wave:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

-0-? There's unrest on the right and left. Enough for an overthrow?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mccarthy ... 23850.html

Lots to discuss, noteworthy to me:
... The deal suspends the debt ceiling until January 2025, after the November 2024 presidential election, while boosting spending on military and veterans' care, and capping spending for many discretionary domestic programs, according to sources familiar with the talks....
As always, feed the Pentagon, nothing else matters.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:40 am
Poor poor SINO.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-conserva ... 19967.html

:thumbup: :clap:
Nice to see our predictions of nothing getting done in the house for two years coming true.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:28 am
Nice to see our predictions of nothing getting done in the house for two years coming true.
C'mon, there's the entertainment value.

Awkward! Kevin McCarthy Kicks Off Pride Month By Hailing Famed Lesbian Author
It's unclear if the anti-LGBTQ House speaker knew that Willa Cather, who just got a statue in the U.S. Capitol, was in a 40-year relationship with a woman.

Lots of detail on the hypocrisy, bigotry and stupidity of SINO McCarthy and Nebraska officials. Nebraska's other statue in the U.S. Capitol's Statuary Hall is Ponca Chief Standing Bear. Not bad, an Indian and a literary lesbian.

Fwiw, after a years-long campaign we got a statue of peace, suffrage and civil liberties activist Jeannette Rankin placed as one of Montana's two allotted statues. The other is Montana artist Charles M. Russell. A pretty good pair IMO. Current Montana govt would remove Rankin if they thought they could get away with it.

NC's include:
Charles Brantley Aycock - He held various govt posts, but his greatest achievement in office was in support of education. :thumbup:
Zebulon Vance - He was a slave owner and a Confederate officer. However, he "was progressive for his era" and condemned the KKK. Unlike so many statues and monuments, he was honored more for his service as Gov and US Senator than for being a racist. Wiki:
... In September 2017, the University of North Carolina at Asheville’s Department of History and the Zebulon B. Vance Birthplace State Historic Site held a two-day symposium, "Zebulon B. Vance Reconsidered." Kimberly Floyd, site manager of the Vance Birthplace and symposium co-convener said, "Zebulon Vance was a prominent figure in our state for four decades, and his is the story of both a hero and scoundrel." In August 2020, the Board of Trustees of the University of North Carolina at Asheville voted to rename Vance Hall because Vance "maintained racist stances that do not align with UNC Asheville’s core values." In October 2020, the Charlotte–Mecklenburg Schools Board of Education voted to remove his name from its high school. In 2021, the City of Asheville and Buncombe County both voted to remove the Vance Monument from Pack Square in downtown Asheville. Also in 2021, Asheville City Schools changed the name of its Vance Elementary School.
It will be awhile before he's removed from the the U.S. Capitol Statuary Hall, if ever.

Maryland's include:
John Hanson - Revolutionary and "President of the United States in Congress Assembled" years before we had our first president.
Charles Carroll - Revolutionary, statesman and signer of the Declaration of Independence.
I like revolutionaries.

Your state's?
National Statuary Hall Collection By Location
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

TN has John Sevier and Andrew Jackson. I'm ok with John but Andy can kiss my ass. Not just because trump likes him, though.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:05 am
TN has John Sevier and Andrew Jackson. I'm ok with John but Andy can kiss my ass. Not just because trump likes him, though.
Idk, John Sevier was a revolutionary, but also a slave owner who waged genocide against the Cherokee, just as Andy later did. This is fun:
... Following his inauguration (Gov), Sevier encountered (Andrew) Jackson in Knoxville. They had an argument during which Sevier accused Jackson of adultery in his marriage to Rachel Donelson. An enraged Jackson challenged Sevier to a duel, which he accepted. The duel was to take place at Southwest Point, but Sevier's wagon stalled at Campbell's Station en route to the duel. As Jackson returned to Knoxville, he encounted Sevier's entourage. The two men loudly exchanged insults, and Sevier's horse ran away, carrying his pistols. Jackson pointed his pistol at Sevier, who hid behind a tree. Sevier's son pointed his pistol at Jackson, and Jackson's second pointed his pistol at Sevier's son. Members of both parties managed to resolve the incident before bloodshed took place....
TN's statues ought to have them pointing pistols at each other. :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:09 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:05 am
Idk, John Sevier was a revolutionary, but also a slave owner who waged genocide against the Cherokee, just as Andy later did. This is fun:
... Following his inauguration (Gov), Sevier encountered (Andrew) Jackson in Knoxville. They had an argument during which Sevier accused Jackson of adultery in his marriage to Rachel Donelson. An enraged Jackson challenged Sevier to a duel, which he accepted. The duel was to take place at Southwest Point, but Sevier's wagon stalled at Campbell's Station en route to the duel. As Jackson returned to Knoxville, he encounted Sevier's entourage. The two men loudly exchanged insults, and Sevier's horse ran away, carrying his pistols. Jackson pointed his pistol at Sevier, who hid behind a tree. Sevier's son pointed his pistol at Jackson, and Jackson's second pointed his pistol at Sevier's son. Members of both parties managed to resolve the incident before bloodshed took place....
TN's statues ought to have them pointing pistols at each other. :twisted:
Yeah, we've had some illustrious and infamous characters. Sounds like Sevier was either chickenshit or just the victim of unending bad luck. Growing up here, there were only two junior high schools; John Sevier and Ross N. Robinson (my school). And I remember from those days how Sevier was as prominent in the TN history class as Jackson. Johnson was somewhat ignored if I recall. I wanted them to talk about Elvis instead. My views were never taken seriously.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:21 pm
Yeah, we've had some illustrious and infamous characters. Sounds like Sevier was either chickenshit or just the victim of unending bad luck. Growing up here, there were only two junior high schools; John Sevier and Ross N. Robinson (my school). And I remember from those days how Sevier was as prominent in the TN history class as Jackson. Johnson was somewhat ignored if I recall. I wanted them to talk about Elvis instead. My views were never taken seriously.
I tried a dive into your local history and failed miserably, other than plenty about Sevier.

The only thing I can find about Johnson is:
Still just the 2 Middle Schools there.

I can't find anything about Ross N. Robinson anywhere - googling, Wiki, even the school's own website, and only a funky pic at the library.
:headscratch:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:21 pm
I tried a dive into your local history and failed miserably, other than plenty about Sevier.

The only thing I can find about Johnson is:
Still just the 2 Middle Schools there.

I can't find anything about Ross N. Robinson anywhere - googling, Wiki, even the school's own website, and only a funky pic at the library.
:headscratch:
I was talking about Andrew Johnson, not Johnson City. Johnson's adopted TN home was in Greenville, TN. It seems to me he got little mention in our old TN history class in junior high. I don't remember much about James K. Polk, another president from TN in the class, either.

Here's something about Robinson junior high. This article lists the student body as more than twice what I remember it being. And there were zero Black students there when I attended. All the Black kids were at Sevier junior high.

https://www.usnews.com/education/k12/te ... ool-267879

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:58 am
I was talking about Andrew Johnson, not Johnson City. Johnson's adopted TN home was in Greenville, TN. It seems to me he got little mention in our old TN history class in junior high. I don't remember much about James K. Polk, another president from TN in the class, either.

Here's something about Robinson junior high. This article lists the student body as more than twice what I remember it being. And there were zero Black students there when I attended. All the Black kids were at Sevier junior high.

That is odd. Johnson was important for TN even if he flopped as POTUS.

Polk was also important for TN and was an accomplished POTUS, overseeing massive territorial expansion, largely at the expense of Mexico.

I don't remember MD's historical figures being covered much in school, either. Odd. Just a little about Lord Baltimore, George Calvert.

TN has the 3 POTUSes by primary affiliation, with none born there. MD has zero for either :( . Neighboring Pennsylvania has 2 POTUSes by birthplace and VA has 8!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... home_state

Interesting info about Robinson Middle School, looks pretty mediocre.

I wondered about race when I saw how White the student pics are. Oddly, Sevier Middle School doesn't display any pics. Then, I saw that Kingsport is only 3.65% Black, anyhow. Even very White Hooterville tops that at 7.0%.

I meant that I couldn't find anything about Ross N. Robinson, the man, anywhere. The school, at least, ought to say who he was.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:22 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:58 am

That is odd. Johnson was important for TN even if he flopped as POTUS.

Polk was also important for TN and was an accomplished POTUS, overseeing massive territorial expansion, largely at the expense of Mexico.

I don't remember MD's historical figures being covered much in school, either. Odd. Just a little about Lord Baltimore, George Calvert.

TN has the 3 POTUSes by primary affiliation, with none born there. MD has zero for either :( . Neighboring Pennsylvania has 2 POTUSes by birthplace and VA has 8!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... home_state

Interesting info about Robinson Middle School, looks pretty mediocre.

I wondered about race when I saw how White the student pics are. Oddly, Sevier Middle School doesn't display any pics. Then, I saw that Kingsport is only 3.65% Black, anyhow. Even very White Hooterville tops that at 7.0%.

I meant that I couldn't find anything about Ross N. Robinson, the man, anywhere. The school, at least, ought to say who he was.
Oh, opps! I don't know who Ross Robinson was either. Probably some former local bigwig. I don't remember any of us really wondering about it when we went to school there. They may have told us but I don't remember. I hope he was a bootlegger or the first town drunk. I did notice in that story about the school that it's now grades 6-8 but when I went there it was grades 7-9 and it was "unior high school" instead of "middle school." It all makes me feel old.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This will go under the radar because of numbnuts getting indicted.

But WTF?

I hope someone questions the Moron on this.

US House Republicans unveil broad package of tax cuts

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:02 am
This will go under the radar because of numbnuts getting indicted.

But WTF?

I hope someone questions the Moron on this.

US House Republicans unveil broad package of tax cuts
Yeah, I noticed a story about that the other day. Made me laugh in derision at the debt ceiling crazies.....whining incessantly over the size of the deficit but doing all they can to increase it as well as doing all they can from preventing the agency that collects tax from doing its job. Like that Wizard of Oz witch lamented as she melted....."what a world."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:44 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:28 am
C'mon, there's the entertainment value.

Awkward! Kevin McCarthy Kicks Off Pride Month By Hailing Famed Lesbian Author
It's unclear if the anti-LGBTQ House speaker knew that Willa Cather, who just got a statue in the U.S. Capitol, was in a 40-year relationship with a woman.

More entertainment:

Speaker of the House - Randy Rainbow Song Parody

:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

US Capitol National Statuary Hall Collection By Location
discussion above.

Democrats reintroduce legislation to remove remaining Confederate statues in U.S. Capitol

GoDemsGo
... The Architect of the Capitol said eleven Confederate statues remain on Capitol grounds today. This includes statues of Jefferson Davis of Mississippi and Alexander Hamilton Stephens of Georgia who served as president and vice president of the Confederacy.

“It’s a matter of really educating people so that they really understand how hurtful those symbols are,” said Rep. Alma Adams, (D) North Carolina.

Congresswoman Alma Adams represents the 12th district of North Carolina.

Both statues from her state are controversial. Zebulon Vance was a Confederate soldier who served in Congress and Charles Brantley Aycock was a former governor and a white supremacist from the late 1800s....

Currently North Carolina state leaders are working to replace Aycock’s statue
Yay!
with one of Reverend Billy Graham.
:puke-left:
... The statue of Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune from Florida is the first African American represented in the National Statuary Hall Collection. Bethune was an educator, civil and women’s rights leader.
:clap:
THE FOLLOWING STATUES HAVE TIES TO THE CONFEDERACY:

Alexander Hamilton Stephens - GA

Crawford W. Long - GA

Wade Hampton III – SC

Jefferson Davis – MS

James Zachariah George – MS

John E. Kenna – WV

Joseph Wheeler – AL

Edward Douglass White – LA

Charles Brantley Aycock – NC

Zebulon Vance – NC

Uriah Milton Rose – AR
Move them to a privately owned Slaver/Traitor Museum.
1312. ETTD.