ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:15 pm
A competent candidate probably wouldn't start off his campaign tied to a guy most voters think is just a crazy rich guy.
:thumbup: Fascist DerSantis doubles down:

Ron DeSantis Campaign Desperately Tries To Spin Glitchy 2024 Launch With Merch
A new T-shirt and mug raising money for the Florida governor had critics saying not so fast.

cringe
Trying to make a negative a positive. Nice try.
Ron breaks everything he touches.
If you loved how we broke an audio stream, you'll love how we break your grandpa being able to get his monthly social security deposit.
When breaking Florida isn’t enough
that is modern conservatism.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

DeSantis will see us all broke.
I'm really tired of politicians always willing to destroy, with never a practical idea as to how to fix or improve. Remember ACA - "repeal and replace"? Did anyone ever offer a replacement plan, even after 8 years or so? Is it just me, or in the past 25 years or so there have been more sightings of Sasquatch and UFO's than proven members of the "Deep State"? Politicians should go back to making promises they aren't going to keep instead of running on fear from threats that don't exist.

Here's Repugs bragging on themselves in 1928. Opps.
https://iowaculture.gov/sites/default/f ... iption.pdf

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:33 am
DeSantis will see us all broke.
I'm really tired of politicians always willing to destroy, with never a practical idea as to how to fix or improve. Remember ACA - "repeal and replace"? Did anyone ever offer a replacement plan, even after 8 years or so? Is it just me, or in the past 25 years or so there have been more sightings of Sasquatch and UFO's than proven members of the "Deep State"? Politicians should go back to making promises they aren't going to keep instead of running on fear from threats that don't exist.

Here's Repugs bragging on themselves in 1928. Opps.
https://iowaculture.gov/sites/default/f ... iption.pdf
Good one.

Fascist DerSantis and incompetent Elon supposedly "broke the internet" with 300K viewers. Meanwhile:

Reliance's JioCinema breaks world record with free cricket streaming

"over 33 million simultaneous viewers", 110 times the DerSantis announcement.
No mention of glitches in this article, funny that.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well you have to admit that saying "broke the internet" when a more accurate description would be "swamped inadequate servers" certainly is more in line with RepuQ rhetoric.

O Really
Admiral

DeSantis is building a fantasy world that doesn't have many residents other than himself so far. I'm thinking that when he's out of the public eye he knows that his only real chance is not to beat Trump but for Trump to get (or be thrown) out. As long as Trump is viable, the vast majority of Trump cult will vote for him. Then he has to hope that almost all the non-Trumpers will find him the best choice, but he's not picking up a lot of new people. His world may be as vacuous and empty as Goldwater's reliance on what Nixon later called the "silent majority." In Goldwater's case, his team built a lot of their belief on the number of "conservative" letters to editors vs. "liberal" letters. Opps.

I've gotta believe DeSantis is just playing at "fighting" Trump and hoping every day that Trump crashes out - which is the only way he's going to get any Trumper votes.

A similar view:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/leaked-audio ... 06509.html

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 8:08 pm
ronnie doesn't like Obama judges

https://blogmickey.com/2023/05/desantis ... l-lawsuit/

"A newly filed Motion to Disqualify, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ legal team is asking Chief Judge Mark E. Walker to recuse himself from a federal lawsuit filed by Disney World against DeSantis."
Did ronnie scare the judge?

Did ronnie pick his new judge?

"Chief Judge Mark E. Walker has recused himself from the Disney vs DeSantis federal case, but not because DeSantis’ lawyers made a strong argument. In fact, Judge Walker called DeSantis’ motion “rank judge shopping” and said that the arguments outlined were without merit.
Instead, Judge Walker is refusing himself because “a relative within the third degree of relationship owns thirty shares of stock in Plaintiff’s parent corporation, The Walt Disney Company”."

https://blogmickey.com/2023/06/disney-v ... -shopping/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Street Artist Trolls Ron DeSantis With Guerrilla 'Say Gay' Campaign In Orlando
Corie Mattie, aka the LA Hope Dealer, returned to the Florida city she once called home with a blunt message for the 2024 presidential candidate.

Corie Mattie’s most prominent artwork features Disney characters Minnie Mouse and Daphne Duck, a response to DeSantis' criticism of the entertainment company.
:o :D

:lol: :thumbup:

Hey Ronny, :---P .
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Didn't the world fight a war to rid ourselves of this?

If they "disappeared" tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-c ... 05674.html

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:30 am
Didn't the world fight a war to rid ourselves of this?

If they "disappeared" tomorrow I wouldn't lose sleep.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-c ... 05674.html

https://twitter.com/AnnaForFlorida/stat ... 4276990976
We were protesting the Aryan Nations Congress in Hayden Lake, ID in the '80s when one of them yelled at us, "I thought you went out of style in the '60s."

My buddy yelled back, "You went out of style in the '40s." :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I think sometimes we take "freedom of speech" to a bit of an extreme. Stuff these people back under the rock they came from.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:01 pm
I think sometimes we take "freedom of speech" to a bit of an extreme. Stuff these people back under the rock they came from.
Agreed.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Bingo
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Grand Wizard ron deSanctimonious

O Really wrote:
Germany and much of Europe doesn't put up with this Nazi shit, and their democracies are more vibrant and thriving than ours.

Tony Presenter Denée Benton Slams GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis In Brutal Onstage Remarks
The actor, a Florida native, left the Tony audience in awe as they applauded her biting mix-up of DeSantis' title.
(video)

:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I meant to post this at the time. I guess there wasn't enough press or protest way up here so far away from real Florida, but no deSanctimonious problems as our annual LGBTQ week. Beach fun was had by young and old and Drag Queens too.

https://www.nola.com/news/pensacola-mem ... e6302.html

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:47 am
I meant to post this at the time. I guess there wasn't enough press or protest way up here so far away from real Florida, but no deSanctimonious problems as our annual LGBTQ week. Beach fun was had by young and old and Drag Queens too.

That's good - don't tell DeSanctimonious you're up there.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:47 am

Cool. After all, the Navy is big there ;) . I like that Joe's Pentagon is transferring and relocating families that now feel unsafe in Florida. :clap:

New target for the hate:

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Evicts a 70-Year-Old Sarasota Car Museum: Out in 30 Days

:wtf: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Entertaining article here about DeSantis' horrid campaign:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/losing-alrea ... 53546.html
It seems the governor might want to focus less on the question “How can I stop wokeness?” and more on “Why am I losing to someone who keeps getting arrested?”
So to recap, the much-ballyhooed conservative warrior from Florida is up against a candidate who lost the last presidential election, was impeached twice by the House of Representatives, fomented an attack on the U.S. Capitol, was recently found liable for sexual abuse in a civil lawsuit, is under state and federal indictment with two other serious investigations pending and spends most of his time writing conspiratorial nonsense in all-caps on his own social media site … and DeSantis is not just losing but losing badly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:00 pm
Entertaining article here about DeSantis' horrid campaign:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/losing-alrea ... 53546.html
It seems the governor might want to focus less on the question “How can I stop wokeness?” and more on “Why am I losing to someone who keeps getting arrested?”
So to recap, the much-ballyhooed conservative warrior from Florida is up against a candidate who lost the last presidential election, was impeached twice by the House of Representatives, fomented an attack on the U.S. Capitol, was recently found liable for sexual abuse in a civil lawsuit, is under state and federal indictment with two other serious investigations pending and spends most of his time writing conspiratorial nonsense in all-caps on his own social media site … and DeSantis is not just losing but losing badly.
I don't think that's his fault. Aren't all Republicans losing to Trump? I doubt Biden stands a chance against him.
republicans won the war on education and critical thinking when they turned our schools into trade schools and hom sculs.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:41 pm

I don't think that's his fault. Aren't all Republicans losing to Trump? I doubt Biden stands a chance against him.
republicans won the war on education and critical thinking when they turned our schools into trade schools and hom sculs.
There aren't enough hard core Republicans to win an election by themselves in most states. They have to have some of the unaffiliated vote, which isn't mostly going for Trump even if they don't care for Biden. Paul Ryan (remember the moon-barking loon that wanted to get rid of SS and Medicare and was for a while Speaker of the House and is now a voice of "moderation"?) pointed out in Wisconsin that Trump is not going to win there because he lost last time and hasn't done and won't do anything to get more support outside his cult members (my word, not Ryan's)

But the point being, in regard to DeSantis and his fellow, ummmm, "candidates", that they cannot simultaneously oppose and defend Trump. If DeSantis or any of the other passengers in the clown car really think they're a better choice than Trump, they can't be saying "well, Trump's OK, but..." If they really don't want Trump to be the nominee, they've got (1) hammer him; and (2) show that they're something new and different from a Trump wannabe, Trump light, or Trump unhinged.

And I think it's a very good question: why are they losing to a guy with all of Trump's baggage? If they don't know, they might as well drop out now and go back an beg Trump's forgiveness.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:51 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:41 pm

There aren't enough hard core Republicans to win an election by themselves in most states. They have to have some of the unaffiliated vote, which isn't mostly going for Trump even if they don't care for Biden. Paul Ryan (remember the moon-barking loon that wanted to get rid of SS and Medicare and was for a while Speaker of the House and is now a voice of "moderation"?) pointed out in Wisconsin that Trump is not going to win there because he lost last time and hasn't done and won't do anything to get more support outside his cult members (my word, not Ryan's)

But the point being, in regard to DeSantis and his fellow, ummmm, "candidates", that they cannot simultaneously oppose and defend Trump. If DeSantis or any of the other passengers in the clown car really think they're a better choice than Trump, they can't be saying "well, Trump's OK, but..." If they really don't want Trump to be the nominee, they've got (1) hammer him; and (2) show that they're something new and different from a Trump wannabe, Trump light, or Trump unhinged.

And I think it's a very good question: why are they losing to a guy with all of Trump's baggage? If they don't know, they might as well drop out now and go back an beg Trump's forgiveness.
Soon, soon they will be.