Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:25 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:05 am
We finally get a 5 star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkNR39cRuQ
Looks like they stole one from Bammer, too

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/ ... r-AA1ex32h
Wait, I thought that top recruits were supposed to leave Auburn. :P
:clap: billy.pilgrim, please remind us about this flip come Iron Bowl time.
I'm planning on it
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:18 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:14 pm
Wait, I thought that top recruits were supposed to leave Auburn. :P
:clap: billy.pilgrim, please remind us about this flip come Iron Bowl time.
I'm planning on it
Thanks.

Auburn girl, an AL native, "flips" for a different team. :o

Former Dothan pageant queen wanted husband dead: Reports
Multiple sources and websites confirmed that Lindsay Shiver was crowned Miss Houston County in 2005 and finished as the 2nd runner-up in the National Peanut Festival pageant the same year.

Is 3rd best in the Peanut Pageant something to brag about? So why is this tawdry nonfatal event a national story according to Faux Noise?

Georgia woman, her lover arrested in Bahamas for alleged plot to kill her ex-Auburn football player husband

Seriously? He was a deep snapper 15 years ago, one of the lamest positions in football. He was also briefly an Atlanta Falcon. :yawn:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, the story is similar to those run all the time on Dateline and ID, even though the attempt was unsuccessful. But the "Former Dothan Pageant Queen..." story was from a Dothan station, just trying to feature a local connection. I've noticed stations do that all the time, like "A Georgia woman and her lover were arresting in Bahamas... Robert Shiver was scouted by the Chargers and made one visit to the city prior to playing briefly for Atlanta. We interviewed Shiver's third cousin twice removed who lives in Carlsbad. I've never met the guy, according to the cousin ..."

Also, some people in Alabama frame everything to the context of football and whether a person went/played for Auburn or Bammer.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:38 pm

Also, some people in Alabama frame everything to the context of football and whether a person went/played for Auburn or Bammer.
True
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Well, the story is similar to those run all the time on Dateline and ID, even though the attempt was unsuccessful. But the "Former Dothan Pageant Queen..." story was from a Dothan station, just trying to feature a local connection. I've noticed stations do that all the time, like "A Georgia woman and her lover were arresting in Bahamas... Robert Shiver was scouted by the Chargers and made one visit to the city prior to playing briefly for Atlanta. We interviewed Shiver's third cousin twice removed who lives in Carlsbad. I've never met the guy, according to the cousin ..."

Sorry if I was unclear. I don't have a problem with the Dothan station article. I only linked it because it contains some relevant info not presented by Faux Noise, like the facts that the "flipped", wannabe homicidal wife is an AL native and also an Auburn alum like billy.pilgrim :P , along with her 3rd place in the Peanut Pageant ;) .

It's national Faux Noise making a big deal out of the very remote Auburn football connection, or out of the story at all, that seems weird to me.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:

Also, some all people in Alabama frame everything to the context of football and whether a person went/played for Auburn or Bammer.
Ftfy.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:13 pm
True
:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College football - the PAC-4

Two weeks ago, Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff shared some comments that have since aged very poorly.

Kliavkoff told reporters that losing more members of the conference was "not a concern."

“Our schools are committed to each other and to the Pac-12. We'll get our media rights deal done, we'll announce the deal. I think the realignment that's going on in college athletics will come to an end for this cycle," he said, via Yahoo Sports.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: College football - the PAC-4

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:44 pm
Two weeks ago, Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff shared some comments that have since aged very poorly.

Kliavkoff told reporters that losing more members of the conference was "not a concern."

“Our schools are committed to each other and to the Pac-12. We'll get our media rights deal done, we'll announce the deal. I think the realignment that's going on in college athletics will come to an end for this cycle," he said, via Yahoo Sports.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/stat ... 4711857153
:lol: Opps.

Good thing the Big Ten, or 14 or 18 or whatever it is this week, is more professional.
Sources: NCAA deal with Michigan's Jim Harbaugh rejected

The negotiated resolution between Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh and the NCAA over alleged recruiting violations was not approved by the NCAA Committee on Infractions, sources confirmed to ESPN on Saturday, which leaves the timing of Harbaugh's expected suspension uncertain.

It had been widely expected that the committee would approve a four-game suspension for Harbaugh to start the 2023 season, but that hit roadblocks this week, according to sources....

The NCAA is investigating Michigan for alleged recruiting violations that occurred during the COVID-19 dead period. Harbaugh is facing a potential Level I violation for failing to cooperate with NCAA enforcement staff, sources told ESPN last month. Additionally, the program faces four Level II violations, which are less significant in scope.
Wait, a RW xtian like Jim Harbaugh cheat? That's unheard of. :roll:
Prior to the deal being rejected, Harbaugh was expected to receive a four-game ban to start the season. Michigan begins with four home games -- East Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green and the Big Ten opener against Rutgers. Harbaugh would have been able to coach in practice during the proposed suspension, which essentially would have punished him only on game days....
So, a half-assed "penalty" for 4 nothingburger games. Oh, the unfairness of it all.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sounds like he was blindsided:
Michael Oher says adoption at heart of The Blind Side was a lie
Former NFL star says he was never adopted by Tuohy family
Lawsuit claims family made millions as conservators

... Oher’s petition claims that as conservators, the Tuohys were able to sign deals that earned them and their two birth children millions of dollars but excluded Oher from any of the income. Oher says the family earned millions in royalties from The Blind Side, which took more than $300m at the box office; but he got nothing for a story “that would not have existed without him”....

Sandra Bullock won an Oscar for her role playing Tuohy in the film.
Opps?
... While the movie was a huge success, many critics said it descended into a “white savior” tale and played into negative racial stereotypes. The Guardian’s Peter Bradshaw called it “a Photoshopped image of reality that is bland, parochial, and stereotypically acted”.

Oher has said the movie depicted him as unintelligent, which went on to affect his NFL career.

“People look at me, and they take things away from me because of a movie,” Oher told ESPN in 2015. “They don’t really see the skills and the kind of player I am.”
:ateeth: Is this one of the biggest flips from a "feel good story" to a feel bad one ever?
Oher was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the first-round of the 2009 draft, and he won a Super Bowl with the team in February 2013 in New Orleans, where Sean Tuohy and Blind Side author Lewis are from. He also played for the Carolina Panthers and Tennessee Titans.

Oher earned $34m during his football career, and the suit does not allege the Tuohys took any of his NFL income.
Phew.
Michael Oher Net Worth $12 Million

... The petition claimed that the family struck a deal that paid both Tuohy parents and two children, Sean Jr. and Collins, $225,000 plus 2.5% of "defined net proceeds" earned off "The Blind Side" at the box office, DVD sales and streaming revenue.

"The Blind Side" generated $300 million at the box office on a budget of $30 million. Based on average film profit breaktouts, one could presume that there were at least $150 million in net proceeds. If that was correct, the four Tuohys each presumably received $225,000 PLUS $3.75 million in royalties over time just on the box office, not including DVD and streaming revenue.

Michael's petition claimed that he did not earn anything from the money while the family made millions of dollars. Furthermore Michael claimed the family had him sign a contract in 2007 that gave 20th Century Fox the life rights to his story "without any payment whatsoever." ...
Rough estimate is that Oher's share is $3.18M+. Nice to have, but won't be the difference in landing in the poor house.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College football - War criminals to the ACC

"prestigious people" fer sure, just ask a million dead arabs and 20 million more living in without anything.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cf ... condi-rice

Keep George W. and Condi Rice outa the ACC

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:14 pm
"prestigious people" fer sure, just ask a million dead arabs and 20 million more living in without anything.

Just curious
Are y'all wanting this expansion?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:23 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Just curious
No, nor an ATLANTIC COAST Conference expansion that includes Cal.
viewtopic.php?p=187543#p187543

There are some fine mid-major and FCS eastern schools that could be added:
App State
East Carolina
UCF
Morgan State
Delaware
Maine
Buffalo, etc.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'd happily trade Clemson for any random 50 guys and a dead cat, and I have no problem with adding Cal and Stanford as long as they changed the conference name. But that's only if there's no better choices than all conferences getting more huge with more unrelated programs. Doesn't make much sense to me to have a "conference" that's so big it has to have separate divisions. If they gave me a vote, I'd vote to limit conferences to, say, 12 teams, all with some reasonable line of affiliation.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:23 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Just curious
No, nor an ATLANTIC COAST Conference expansion that includes Cal.
viewtopic.php?p=187543#p187543

There are some fine mid-major and FCS eastern schools that could be added:
App State
East Carolina
UCF
Morgan State
Delaware
Maine
Buffalo, etc.
The A&PCC

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:55 pm
The A&PCC
The A,G&PCC if Shrub's SMU is brought in.

Ftr, Louisville has no coast. :wtf:
Since Notre Dame is now a member, maybe it's already the A&MCC. :problem:
Soon the A,G,M&PCC? :x
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

idk but I don't believe endowments were given to fund football.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_foot ... 2_39161479

"At least one of the schools considering joining the ACC is willing to take a very controversial measure to fund its move.

Amanda Christovich of Front Office Sports reported that either Stanford, SMU or both are not only willing to forgo any revenue sharing from the conference's media rights deal, but are considering using their endowment funds to finance their respective athletic departments."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Tomorrow, Tomorrow
There's football again tomorrow

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:13 pm
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
There's football again tomorrow
:happy-cheerleaderkid:

GO:

2:30 PM

NBC, Dublin
13 Notre Dame (-20.5) > Navy
Huge "home field" advantage for the Irish.

7:00 PM

ESPN
@New Mexico State (-7.5) > UMass

FS1
@San Diego State (-2.5) > Ohio. Go O Really Go!

7:30 PM
SECN
Hawai'i > @Vanderbilt (-17.5). Maui strong. As if.

8:00 PM
PAC12 TV :x
San José State > @6 USC (-31.0). I can dream.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

So true

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna101266

"Andrew Coats, the lawyer who convinced the Supreme Court in 1984 to allow universities to maximize football revenue, leading to a sweeping upheaval today, looks back with regret on the landmark case he successfully argued."