The Death of Qanon

A conservative forum.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Death of Qanon

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:22 am
billy.pilgrim wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 amPossibly the scariest thing I’ve ever read
Before scrolling down I thought to myself: Bet he says, 'Wow, that's frightening.'

Yep, it's ugly. Mein Kampf 100 years later.
I can’t find the recent bush quote that I read somewhere yesterday with him claiming that God had made him president to do his work.
Evidently this god-fella is a jewish oil tycoon.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:28 am Do you dispute that hate and fascism, or similar, have hidden behind Jesus for over a thousand years?
Of course not. Since when do I seem crazy to you?

What I dispute is the lazy association of any religion with fascism,
especially for the expressed purpose of besmirching that religion.

What we should concentrate on is the elimination of fascism,
especially as opposed to the elimination of freedom of religion.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:18 am
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 amDo you consider any of the people you describe to be followers of Christ?
Not up to me to say. There are as many biblical interpretations as there are interpreters. The former lead to a small minority being pacifist and many being anti-authoritarian. However, the fact remains that billions or at least hundreds of millions of christians have supported the uber-violence of the Crusades, the Inquisition, colonialism, slavery, The Troubles, antisemitism, Mussolini, Naziism, Western imperialism, Jim Crow, "Pax" Americana, islamophobia, nuclear holocaust preparations, etc.

Which ones were "real" followers of Christ and not? Idk. I'll just settle for calling out the ones that are fascist. The definition of "fascist" is narrower than that of "christian". The world will be a better place if more christoliberals and christopacifists join me in calling out the christofascists. They need to be drowned out as being unacceptable in decent society.
Cicada? I knew you before you were an insect.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Did you use an entirely different and unrelated quote to question "cicada" because:
1. You wanted to hide your earlier condescending use of "grasshopper"?
2. My actual post more directly challenged your dishonest perpetual victimhood?

Anyhow, fixed now:
Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 am
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:14 amAll your protestations aside, grasshopper,
I reserve the right to defend the person of
Christ from any charges of overt fascism.
:headscratch: Pending billy.pilgrim educating me otherwise ;) , I support your defense of "the person of Christ from any charges of overt fascism."
Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 am :headscratch: We're in a Qanon thread. I don't associate Christ with fascism. I associate christofascists, and only christofascists, with fascism.

Most Christians, by far, are not fascists. In fact, I can't think of any teachings directly credited to Christ that are fascist. "It's just lazy" not to ask before making assumptions.
Once again, cicada, 'christofascists' refers to SOME self-professed christians, NOT to Christ. Okay?
.Oomba. wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:24 amCicada? I knew you before you were an insect.
Why not? You show up intermittently and lately have had the most annoying and incessant whine. Stop being so lazy and read that last section of mine over and over until understanding sets in.
.Oomba. wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:18 am
billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:28 amDo you dispute that hate and fascism, or similar, have hidden behind Jesus for over a thousand years?
For the past 11 days, specifically hypersensitive christian paranoia.
Seriously? The original fascism was inextricably rooted in Italian and then German christian ideology and bigotry.
There you go again. Our point has never been to besmirch christianity or then islam, judaism and hinduism. Rather, it's about IDing when minorities of those religions are corrupted by fascism. Keep reading the passage:
Vrede too wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 am :headscratch: We're in a Qanon thread. I don't associate Christ with fascism. I associate christofascists, and only christofascists, with fascism.

Most Christians, by far, are not fascists. In fact, I can't think of any teachings directly credited to Christ that are fascist. "It's just lazy" not to ask before making assumptions.
Once again, cicada, 'christofascists' refers to SOME self-professed christians, NOT to Christ. Okay?
You jumped in here with a WRONG assumption and just can't seem to shake it no matter how many times you're corrected.
Been working on the former my entire adult life, NEVER did the latter.

Did you even bother to read the article I linked, especially the excerpts I featured here:
https://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtop ... 55#p196055
billy.pilgrim wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 am
Vrede too wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:28 pm
neoplacebo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 amI'd say both the terms "Christian" and "Republican" have experienced a rather radical re definition in the past ten years or so.
They've tried to redefine "fascism", too, applying it to lefties even though by its very definition it's RW. Idk if they're deliberately trying to disguise their own fascism or if they're just stupid and whiny.

Anyhow, christofascists, what christofascists?

Trump allies prepare to infuse ‘Christian nationalism’ in second administration

Not just theory, christofascism is here. Crap.

I do appreciate that the christofascists have such good timing in aggressively ending this tangent :P
Possibly the scariest thing I’ve ever read
We are NOT linking fascism with Christ, christians are doing that. Pay attention.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

Vrede too wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:10 am Did you use an entirely different and unrelated quote to question "cicada" because:

Anyhow, fixed now:
.Oomba. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:14 amAll your protestations aside, grasshopper,
:headscratch: Pending billy.pilgrim educating me otherwise ;) , I support your defense of "the person of Christ from any charges of overt fascism."

.Oomba. wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:24 amCicada? I knew you before you were an insect.
Why not? You show up intermittently and lately have had the most annoying and incessant whine. Stop being so lazy and read that last section of mine over and over until understanding sets in.
billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:28 amDo you dispute that hate and fascism, or similar, have hidden behind Jesus for over a thousand years?
Seriously? The original fascism was inextricably rooted in Italian and then German christian ideology and bigotry.
There you go again. Our point has never been to besmirch christianity or then islam, judaism and hinduism. Rather, it's about IDing when minorities of those religions are corrupted by fascism. Keep reading the passage:

You jumped in here with a WRONG assumption and just can't seem to shake it no matter how many times you're corrected.

Did you even bother to read the article I linked, especially the excerpts I featured here:
neoplacebo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 amI'd say both the terms "Christian" and "Republican" have experienced a rather radical re definition in the past ten years or so.
They've tried to redefine "fascism", too, applying it to lefties even though by its very definition it's RW. Idk if they're deliberately trying to disguise their own fascism or if they're just stupid and whiny.

I do appreciate that the christofascists have such good timing in aggressively ending this tangent :P
We are NOT linking fascism with Christ, christians are doing that. Pay attention.
Histrionics aside, I still assert that linking Christ to fascism is
at best lazy and at worst absurd, no matter who is doing it.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

.Oomba. wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:38 am
Vrede too wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:10 am Did you use an entirely different and unrelated quote to question "cicada" because:

Anyhow, fixed now:

Histrionics aside, I still assert that linking Christ to fascism is
at best lazy and at worst absurd, no matter who is doing it.
One more time - it’s these so called Christians who do the linking.

In their own words

“Orbán’s influence over both Trump and the GOP is substantial: he’s addressed CPAC in Texas, hosted a CPAC meeting in Budapest, and been repeatedly interviewed by Tucker Carlson, who did his Fox show from that country for a full week. He’s regularly quoted and praised on Fox “News” and by rightwing hate radio across the US.

He’s close to Putin, and the only European leader who openly argues that there should be no further military aid to Ukraine.

When he hosted the CPAC Republican fascist-fest in Budapest last May, the Hungarian “soft fascism” strongman told the Republican audience, to a standing ovation:

“Hungary is actually an incubator where experiments are done on the future of conservative policies. Hungary is the place where we didn’t just talk about defeating the progressives and liberals and causing a conservative Christian political turn, but we actually did it.”

https://open.substack.com/pub/thomhartm ... dium=email
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

If you understand that they are perverting Christianity,
why use their metric as your standard? It's just lazy.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

:roll: If anyone knows "lazy" . . .
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:28 am Do you dispute that hate and fascism, or similar, have hidden behind Jesus for over a thousand years?

I don’t know why we’re not understanding each other over the definition of this term.
I know that I’m not associating Christianity with fascism when I label as christian-fascist some bunch of admitted fascists who loudly claim to be christian in all that they say and do.