Traveling

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Traveling

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:12 pm
Maybe I was a little rough on Amanda herself, but I'll stand by my ridicule of a belief that "less damgummint and more freedom" can be consistent with anti-abortion and anti- gay weddings. I guess I just blamed the messenger.
:thumbup:

ICYMI, just 2 miles from the Naples Airport destination:

At least 2 dead after small plane crashes onto Florida highway: Authorities
Five people were on board the jet, which crashed onto Interstate 75 near Naples.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I hadn't seen that. The airport there has a huge number of private jets in and out. Lots of money.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Take a tour of O Really and Lady O land.

https://easyreadernews.com/travel-san-d ... -over-for/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 pm
We took a car road trip up to Banff. There's a lot of nothing north of Coeur d'Alene on US 95/2. Northern Virginia battle flags were not unusual. Gas station/convenience stores are not very inviting. Probably most of the (fairly few) people along there are not domestic terrorists, but fershure some of them are....
Coeur d’Alene:
Utah coach says team was shaken after experiencing racial hate at hotel during NCAA Tournament

Utah coach Lynne Roberts said her team experienced a series of “racial hate crimes” after the arriving at its first NCAA Tournament hotel and was forced to change hotels during the event for safety concerns.

Roberts revealed what happened after Utah lost to Gonzaga in the second round of the NCAAs on Monday night. Roberts didn’t go into detail but said there were several incidents that happened last Thursday night after the team arrived in the area for the tournament and were disturbing to the traveling party to the point there were concerns about safety.

Utah was staying about 30 miles away in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and was relocated to a different hotel on Friday....

Utah, South Dakota State and UC Irvine were all staying at hotels in Idaho even with Gonzaga as the host school because of a lack of hotel space in the Spokane area. Several years ago, the city was announced as a host for the first and second rounds of the men’s NCAA Tournament and there was also a large regional youth volleyball tournament in the area during the weekend.

That left limited hotel space and Gonzaga received a waiver from the NCAA to allow teams to be housed in Coeur d’Alene.

“Racism is real and it happens, and it’s awful. So for our players, whether they are white, black, green, whatever, no one knew how to handle it and it was really upsetting,” Roberts said. “For our players and staff to not feel safe in an NCAA Tournament environment, it’s messed up.”

... Far-right extremists have made a presence in the region. In 2018, at least nine hate groups operated in the region of Spokane and northern Idaho, including Identity Evropa, Proud Boys, ACT for America and America’s Promise Ministries, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Dammit, I was fighting this :bs: in North Idaho 40 years ago :( :ateeth:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.