Any Locals still here?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Any Locals still here?

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

This is a carry over from BRN forums and I don't know how many are here who pay taxes in Henderson County so here goes anyway.
Last year I posted about the new NHHS and AVMS addition and it's completion and opening even though there are still leaks thru out the building when it rains. Well still not fixed over a year after completion. I wonder who will be paying for the mold clean up and damage from this. Still leaks in the HS commons are also years after the NEW ROOF was installed.
The paving job at the same campus probably the worse I have ever seen, the overlayment is so thin that it has come up in several spots. I was told this would be repaired before any payments were made. I am researching it but it seems as though the contractor was paid and nothing was ever repaired. The driveway now is in worse condition then before it was paved.
Just some more tax payer money dumped down the rat hole.

bannination
Captain

Re: Any Locals still here?

Unread post by bannination »

Colonel Taylor wrote:This is a carry over from BRN forums and I don't know how many are here who pay taxes in Henderson County so here goes anyway.
Last year I posted about the new NHHS and AVMS addition and it's completion and opening even though there are still leaks thru out the building when it rains. Well still not fixed over a year after completion. I wonder who will be paying for the mold clean up and damage from this. Still leaks in the HS commons are also years after the NEW ROOF was installed.
The paving job at the same campus probably the worse I have ever seen, the overlayment is so thin that it has come up in several spots. I was told this would be repaired before any payments were made. I am researching it but it seems as though the contractor was paid and nothing was ever repaired. The driveway now is in worse condition then before it was paved.
Just some more tax payer money dumped down the rat hole.
Sometimes taking the lowest bid gives you the lowest result.
-0-?

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

NHHS and AVMS-------who/what is this.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

homerfobe wrote:NHHS and AVMS-------who/what is this.
One of the local High Schools and Middle Schools.
North Henderson High School and Apple Valley Middle School.