The Food Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Food Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:40 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:16 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:24 am
It works great! I did it all - double paper bag, paper towel which I never had to change, main section of the refrigerator instead of the crisper drawer. I didn't get to some of them for 17 days and was expecting the usual black and mushy. Instead, it was as if I put them in a food dryer :crazy: Sauteed they rehydrated just fine. Decades of doing it wrong, sigh :problem:
TIL too.
I'm going to try it for cilantro and other fresh herbs that I can sometimes end up composting :(
Cilantro worked pretty good. It never got black and mushy. It just dried out. Some of the leaves did turn brown, but I just chopped them along with the green leaves rather than fiddle with separating them out. Tasted fine.

Also works for garlic which was otherwise sprouting in the crisper drawer.

O Really
Admiral

Re: The Food Thread

Unread post by O Really »

Link without subscription wall: https://nypost.com/2024/09/18/world-new ... h-a-knife/

Nomination for Darwin award, at least honourable mention?

Edit: Upon further review, a nomination is definitely in order, perhaps even in the more competitive "Florida Man" category. In order to do what they suspect he did, he would have had to select a big knife, and brace the burgers against his chest/stomach and try to pry them apart holding the knife hari-kari style. There is no excuse other than sheer stupidity to do this.