Dammit Boys! Eat Your Hearts Out!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ombudsman
Ensign

Re: Dammit Boys! Eat Your Hearts Out!

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Vrede wrote:Not that I know what happened but don't you think anyone able to do that would mess you more than has been done? And, why would the time stamp matter? You would know that your post had been changed and we have no idea what time you're awake or not, anyhow. Not that I'm doubting you but a glitch seems more likely than such an innocuous hack.
I'm being facetious. I was just mocking Leo's prior claim that I hacked the site when I pointed out he was posting from a Hendersonville IP. I don't actually think he hacked my account any more than I actually believe he's a computer genius who can post from AZ with a private Bell South IP located in Hendersonville. I do know I didn't edit it myself, at least not intentionally but I suspect what may have happened is that I fell asleep waiting for SNL to come on last night so when I got up later to go to bed and moved my laptop from one room to another I may have hit the back button or the refresh or something else so it showed up as an edit.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Ombudsman wrote:
Vrede wrote:Not that I know what happened but don't you think anyone able to do that would mess you more than has been done? And, why would the time stamp matter? You would know that your post had been changed and we have no idea what time you're awake or not, anyhow. Not that I'm doubting you but a glitch seems more likely than such an innocuous hack.
I'm being facetious. I was just mocking Leo's prior claim that I hacked the site when I pointed out he was posting from a Hendersonville IP. I don't actually think he hacked my account any more than I actually believe he's a computer genius who can post from AZ with a private Bell South IP located in Hendersonville. I do know I didn't edit it myself, at least not intentionally but I suspect what may have happened is that I fell asleep waiting for SNL to come on last night so when I got up later to go to bed and moved my laptop from one room to another I may have hit the back button or the refresh or something else so it showed up as an edit.
Maybe one of the NSA guys did it by accident when he was monitoring the forum because we have that foreign national (rstrong) posting here.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Ombudsman wrote:...but I suspect what may have happened is that I fell asleep waiting for SNL to come on last night so when I got up later to go to bed and moved my laptop from one room to another I may have hit the back button or the refresh or something else so it showed up as an edit......I do know I didn't edit it myself
From reading many of your posts, I suspect you were asleep the whole time; mentally, not physically.
Maybe the tooth fairy slipped in while you were....oh, never mind; that's too far over your head.

As your buddy Stingey would say "that don't pass the sniff test"!! :lol: :lol:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote: Damn, ain't this electronic thingy that Al Gore invented something else!?
Well that's one I haven't heard for a while. Semi-serious question, Leo - do you really believe Al Gore actually said that? Have you read the original quote from which Limbaugh or somebody derived that "invented the internet" ridicule?
Just wondering - if you want to make fun of Gore because you don't like him or whatever, it's fine with me. It would just be nice to know if we're talking to somebody blowing smoke or somebody who actually believes Gore ever made that comment, or maybe worse, just thinks it's true and never bothered to verify.
Stinger wrote:Gore's legislative initiative in technology and creating the internet was important enough that the Webby Awards organizers gave him a lifetime achievement award, in 2005, for THREE DECADES of contributions to the internet. If you give Ike any credit for creating the interstate highway system, then you should give Gore some credit for creating the internet ... unless you're an unhinged, hypocritical wingnut.
To be honest, I really don't know if he actually said he invented it, or if he was accused of saying he did, or if he really did invent it. Personally, I don't give a damn; I find it to be good fodder to rankle liberals. :D

I do know that Ike did not invent the interstate system, but I do that that he proposed the nation to get the ball rolling in it's construction, as he had enough sense to forsee that current road building programs would be inadequate to sustain future traffic needs. What we have now is inadequate, most are inadequate before the construction is completed.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Ombudsman wrote:...but I suspect what may have happened is that I fell asleep waiting for SNL to come on last night so when I got up later to go to bed and moved my laptop from one room to another I may have hit the back button or the refresh or something else so it showed up as an edit......I do know I didn't edit it myself
From reading many of your posts, I suspect you were asleep the whole time; mentally, not physically.
Maybe the tooth fairy slipped in while you were....oh, never mind; that's too far over your head.

As your buddy Stingey would say "that don't pass the sniff test"!! :lol: :lol:
Not nearly as impossible or improbable as turning on a computer in Arizona and having it magically start posting from Hendersonville.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Ike got the interstate idea from Hitler, not directly of course. :)

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Stinger wrote:Not nearly as impossible or improbable as turning on a computer in Arizona and having it magically start posting from Hendersonville.
Once you start singing, you just can't finish the song, even if you don't know the lyrics, can you? You've even got Ol'buttman singing your song.

You picked up on his caterwauling about my IP, and he sings your song about a Mister X. Butt buddies fer shure!

(Hey Slinger, does Ol'buttman pass your "sniff test"? :lol: )

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Stinger wrote:Not nearly as impossible or improbable as turning on a computer in Arizona and having it magically start posting from Hendersonville.
Once you start singing, you just can't finish the song,
The song was finished when your IP address outed you as a pathetic, lying, cowardly loser.

You were just too dim and pathetic to realize it.

But continue your pathetic charade. Maybe you'll get some sympathy votes from the more tenderhearted.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Regarding my earlier surprise that dial-up internet access still exists, apparently about 6% of the population uses it. Here's an interesting article about tech obsolescence ... http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/12-ob ... 6C10252994

Be sure to read the linked paragraphs inside the article - there's a little overlap, but you'll all enjoy blips from your tech past.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

O Really wrote:Regarding my earlier surprise that dial-up internet access still exists, apparently about 6% of the population uses it. Here's an interesting article about tech obsolescence ... http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/12-ob ... 6C10252994

Be sure to read the linked paragraphs inside the article - there's a little overlap, but you'll all enjoy blips from your tech past.
Has anyone ever tried a dial up accelerator like Net Zero or Hyperspeed?

:mrgreen:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Stinger wrote:The song was finished when your IP address outed you as a pathetic, lying, cowardly loser.
If the song was/is finished, why are you still singing it? I've not been ousted from anything; especially by two cowardly dim-witted
butt-buddies. You are just too dim and pathetic to realize how big an ass you've made of yourself.

But continue your pathetic little game. Maybe you'll get some laughs from the other lamebrain you idolize. Maybe even one of you can come up with
another doofus claim that you can pick up and run with. Happy hunting losers.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Wneglia wrote:
O Really wrote:Regarding my earlier surprise that dial-up internet access still exists, apparently about 6% of the population uses it. Here's an interesting article about tech obsolescence ... http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/12-ob ... 6C10252994

Believe it or not, some of my family members still use AOL.

A. O. L.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

bannination wrote:Image
Jesus to the rescue.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Wneglia wrote:

Yep, and it actually did "help". Images were worthless, but pages would load much much faster.

There are still a lot of people around here, Hville, Edneyville that are on dialup.... it's all that's offered, either that, or limited cell phone data plans and Sat. internet, both two even more horrible and expensive options.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Just got some news; pay attention Stinker.

#1 son just bought a spread in northern Montana, and has invited me to come move onto the property. I don't think they even have color TV there yet,
let alone wireless internet, so I guess you and your Ol'buttman will just have to have a cryin' pity-party because I'm leaving. (Look out Roland)

I've mulled this over a couple of weeks because of the winters, but AZ is too damn hot, the politics suck, and it's much easier to live without a cussed computer. So, if anyone wants my magic laptop that baffles hell out of the loonies, you can fish it out of the Mississippi River that the Ohio dumps into.
(don't forget the "drop cords")

A special message for Stinker

O Really
Admiral

bannination wrote: There are still a lot of people around here, Hville, Edneyville that are on dialup.... it's all that's offered, either that, or limited cell phone data plans and Sat. internet, both two even more horrible and expensive options.
OMG - you never know how close you live to the third world! No cable? No DSL? Do they get three B/W tv channels, too? Play music on cassette? Use an aging 386 with a plug-in CD drive? Think Pearl Jam is the latest in music?

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Notice how many of LeoX's cut downs involve references to butts, smelling butts, stinkers, etc. He's become Homerfobe Lite.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:The Mississippi River is not between AZ and MT. Busted again? ;) :D :shh:
Duh! :wtf: I don't know why I said Ohio....I meant the Missouri River! Son's property borders Fort Peck Lake in an area called the Missouri Breaks! The Missouri River dumps into the Mississippi. Bad day at the office. :yawn:
O Really wrote:OMG - you never know how close you live to the third world!
Don't you know it! Canada ain't too far a drive away.

No cable? No DSL? Do they get three B/W tv channels, too?
Ain't it nice?! There is such a thing called satellite TV, I'm told.

Play music on cassette? Use an aging 386 with a plug-in CD drive?
You've done gone way over my head.

Think Pearl Jam is the latest in music?
I thought pearl jam was something that came in a jar. It plays music?
Ombudsman wrote:Notice how many of LeoX's cut downs involve references to butts, smelling butts, stinkers, etc. He's become Homerfobe Lite.
Quityerbitchin'. You're the one with the name Ol'buttman, and Stinker is the sniff test expert.
Ain't my fault you're birds of a feather.

LeoX? Is Homerfobe Lite your brand of beer or something? Never heard of it.

O Really
Admiral

Comcast is in Ft. Peck. That means it may not be quite as tech-deprived as you say.