???

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: ???

Unread post by Mr.B »

At any rate, BRD and CPF topics are about as interesting as watching a tree grow. :thumbdown:

Both pretty well don't tolerate opposing opinions without caustic verbal backlashes.

As Stinger would say, SSDD.

Banni, if you're paying to maintain this site, you're wasting your money. :thumbdown:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:At any rate, BRD and CPF topics are about as interesting as watching a tree grow. :thumbdown:

Both pretty well don't tolerate opposing opinions without caustic verbal backlashes.

Banni, if you're paying to maintain this site, you're wasting your money. :thumbdown:

There's the crotchety old Mr. B. I remember! :wave: :o

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:At any rate, BRD and CPF topics are about as interesting as watching a tree grow. :thumbdown:

You must not have been reading the ongoing discussions on NSA, immigration, gun issues - lots of opposing opinions, and participation in caustic verbal backlashes is optional.

What would you like to discuss? Whatever, I'll give it a shot.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:. . . What would you like to discuss? Whatever, I'll give it a shot.
And you won't be banned simply for disagreeing, no matter how forcefully. What a concept.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

How about blow-up dolls? Modern vs. Traditional. Patch or Replace? etc.

Cowboy
Pilot Officer

Unread post by Cowboy »

Bungalow Bill wrote:How about blow-up dolls? Modern vs. Traditional. Patch or Replace? etc.
Animate or inert?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"There's the crotchety old Mr. B. I remember!" :wave: :o
:mrgreen:
Bungalow Bill wrote:How about blow-up dolls? Modern vs. Traditional. Patch or Replace? etc.
-0-? :oII :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "You must not have been reading the ongoing discussions on NSA, immigration, gun issues - lots of opposing opinions, and participation in caustic verbal backlashes is optional."

"What would you like to discuss? Whatever, I'll give it a shot."
Uhh...well...I was posting in "The Worker Thread", but it appears that one fizzled out almost before it got good and started.
I'm laying off politics, religion, and homosexual issues which really seems the only subjects that pique the interests of the lefties.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
O Really wrote: "You must not have been reading the ongoing discussions on NSA, immigration, gun issues - lots of opposing opinions, and participation in caustic verbal backlashes is optional."

"What would you like to discuss? Whatever, I'll give it a shot."
Uhh...well...I was posting in "The Worker Thread", but it appears that one fizzled out almost before it got good and started.
I'm laying off politics, religion, and homosexual issues which really seems the only subjects that pique the interests of the lefties.
I think you and I fizzed the Worker Thread ourselves by pointing out that it wasn't a major national McDonald's scandal, but a local franchise screw-up.

But "politics, religion, and homosexual issues" casts a pretty wide net that could attract most any current event topic. Particularly if one sees fellow posters as stereotypically categorized as "the lefties."

But there are also music topics, sports, film, concerts, travel ... lots of things that don't necessarily have to be boxed in left/right.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "I think you and I fizzed the Worker Thread ourselves by pointing out that it wasn't a major national McDonald's scandal, but a local franchise screw-up"
Oh yeah...! :lol: Busted hell out of Vrede's bubble, didn't we?! :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:"You converted me, I ate at McD's."
Sometimes I amaze myself.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B wrote: "Where are all the older forum members? Seems only 4 or 5 total members are actively posting."
I opened this thread back in June asking this question and got some pretty decent replies. Just sayin' I miss the older members regardless of their
political/ideology inclinations. Wish a bunch of them would come back; would make bantering a whole lot more fun.

I especially miss K9nanny, Det.Thorn, supsalemgr (sp?), nascarfan88, mike, mwearl, and many more whose handles my old feeble mind can't remember.
There was a member from Australia (don't remember his name either) who used to post and had a distinctive style of posting quotes.
I liked his style; I think I'll start using it...(as above)

If any of y'all are reading this, c'mon home. :wave:

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think it was Charlie Horse you're speaking of; he was pretty good. I sort of wonder about Mike, too. Maybe they've all gone off to fight or avoid the trouble. I think K9 went to Europe on vacation and never came back or else was "extrodinarily rendited" by the alphabet boys. Most of the others you allude to have taken refuge in a vacuum of thier own design.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

It's a bit more peaceful with them gone. Other than that <shrug>. I'll continue to pay for the domain and hosting since I have many other projects that are running from here as well, file services and such.

The occasional laughs are worth it too.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

neoplacebo wrote: "I think it was Charlie Horse you're speaking of; he was pretty good. I sort of wonder about Mike, too. Maybe they've all gone off to fight or avoid the trouble. I think K9 went to Europe on vacation and never came back or else was "extrodinarily rendited" by the alphabet boys. Most of the others you allude to have taken refuge in a vacuum of thier own design."
I think you're right. I don't why I didn't think to look at the member's list when I was listing names of those I missed. K9nanny and I used to swap emails on occasion, but when I purged my hard drive of internet parasites, I lost a number of addresses which hers was one of them.

"extrodinarily rendited" by the alphabet boys...... :?: :?:

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:
"extrodinarily rendited" by the alphabet boys...... :?: :?:
Shanghaied to Berzerkistan by the TSA, the NSA, the CIA, and other nefarious "alphabetic" agencies.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I'm still somewhat around btw. Just very, very busy these days.

\V/
Pilot Officer

Unread post by \V/ »

:wave: Good to see ya, MrB!!!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

\V/ wrote: :wave: "Good to see ya, MrB!!!"
Back atcha 'ol friend!
Last edited by Mr.B on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "I was several of the wingnuts, but pretending to be so stupid started to hurt my brain so I quit." :D
If you were "several" wingnuts, no wonder your head hurt!