Afghanistan

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Afghanistan

Unread post by Vrede too »

Martin Sheen has always been a hardcore Catholic, so you have to attribute any psychosis he experienced as much to that as to helping him recover. As for "alcohol & drugs", and as YOUR OWN link says, that's Charlie, NOT Martin. I'm not sure if Charlie's having a Christian dad played a role in his many failings or not.

Anyhow, dumbass, your desperate flip-flop onto the Martin Sheen bandwagon is as stupid as your sneering and infantile bigotry towards the mentally ill. Martin is also a hardcore liberal and would have no use for you.

If Christianity is so great, why didn't your god give you a spine, a brain or reading comprehension?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:36 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:09 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm
Awesome, Martin Sheen found God, left the alcohol & drugs behind him, that's great news right there. GOD is good, thank you for sharing.
I sort of hate to bring this up, but after you posted this, did you think that maybe, possibly, accidentally, or fatefully that you had been misinformed on ANYthing else? Just curious
    Ahh, look at you,that old Blue Ridge credibility. Is TIME appropriate?
      http://content.time.com/time/arts/artic ... 25,00.html
        Don't you find Vrede's news great, I think it's awesome that Martin Sheen is a Christian. You can change too, it's not too late.
        Yes, I think it's great that Martin has found comfort in his religion, just as I think it great that you apparently do as well. But you, as usual, did not address what I asked about; that in your realization of Mr. Sheen's devout faith that you seemed surprised to know, I inquired as to whether this particular instance possibly makes you think you've been misinformed or ignorant of any other subject. So I ask again.

neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
        Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:32 pm
        Hold on tight to your new found psychotic friend, Martin Sheen.
        Uh, oh. What happened here? You disparage one of your own? Later on in this sordid tale, you praise Martin because of his faith yet here you declare him psychotic? Or were you just being pseudo cryptic again and slyly calling me psychotic? It's hard to figure out what a dumbass is actually trying to say. And it's not too late for you to change, you know. You can actually follow ALL the tenets of the religion you profess to adhere to. Make me proud.

Vrede too
        Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
        Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:04 pm
        ... Or were you just being pseudo cryptic again and slyly calling me psychotic? ...
        Even a broken clock . . . :P

Nttawwt.
        1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
        Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
        Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 pm
        neoplacebo wrote:
        ... Or were you just being pseudo cryptic again and slyly calling me psychotic? ...
        Even a broken clock . . . :P

Nttawwt.
        Well, you know.

1 CAT FAN
        Ensign

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

Vrede too wrote:
        Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm
        Martin Sheen has always been a hardcore Catholic, so you have to attribute any psychosis he experienced as much to that as to helping him recover. As for "alcohol & drugs", and as YOUR OWN link says, that's Charlie, NOT Martin. I'm not sure if Charlie's having a Christian dad played a role in his many failings or not.

Anyhow, dumbass, your desperate flip-flop onto the Martin Sheen bandwagon is as stupid as your sneering and infantile bigotry towards the mentally ill. Martin is also a hardcore liberal and would have no use for you.

If Christianity is so great, why didn't your god give you a spine, a brain or reading comprehension?
          Didn't you also know that Martin Sheen is a member of AA and had bouts of alcoholism during the filming of Apocalypse Now. Have you been searching for that grain of salt so long, that you can't see that Martin was referring to his son's behavior as his own. Why couldn't you let your good news of Martin Sheen leaving those things behind him take precedence, or do you just hate GOD that much. Still, it doesn't diminish that the man turned his life around. You can too, it's not too late.

1 CAT FAN
          Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
            I was trying to be polite and just allow you to enjoy the boat ride.

neoplacebo
            Admiral of the Fleet

1 CAT FAN wrote:
            Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:59 pm
            neoplacebo wrote:
              No, you were not, and you never did reply to the query as to whether your misconceptions about Martin Sheen might indicate that you hold misconceptions about other things so this makes the third time I myself have asked you this and you continue to suffer psychobabble dribbling off your lips instead of offering an answer. I find this quite curious, in a fundamental kind of snake handling kind of poison guzzling kind of speaking in tongues sort of way. Now tell me about me and (your choice) in the boat but first answer the question about your possible erroneous assumptions. thanks. amen

Vrede too
              Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
              Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:28 pm
              No, you were not, and you never did reply to the query as to whether your misconceptions about Martin Sheen might indicate that you hold misconceptions about other things so this makes the third time I myself have asked you this and you continue to suffer psychobabble dribbling off your lips instead of offering an answer. I find this quite curious, in a fundamental kind of snake handling kind of poison guzzling kind of speaking in tongues sort of way. Now tell me about me and (your choice) in the boat but first answer the question about your possible erroneous assumptions. thanks. amen
              Pattern.
              Vrede too wrote:
              Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:20 am
              Wussy deflection when floundering, typical child-hating misogynist. You fail the definitions of "murder", "babies" and "9 months", dumbass.
              Vrede too wrote:
              Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:04 pm
              Wow, you sure go to extreme lengths in order to cower and deflect from discussion of US war crimes in Afghanistan and the lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk In Chief’s efforts to prevent we Americans from learning the truth about them.
              viewtopic.php?f=3&t=151&p=94511&hilit=war+crimes#p94511

... We get it, you’re too stupid and cowardly to address the points we’ve actually made, so you desperately resort to dishonest, “welcome wagon … white flag would come up and obedience instantaneously [gibberish] … tiptoeing … pacifist,” straw men. Repent of your Commandment-level sinful false witness! ...
              Vrede too wrote:
              Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 pm
              ... Of course, this is all just cowardly deflection from addressing the points made. Why didn't your god give you balls?
              Vrede too wrote:
              Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:40 pm
              Nothing for me to be "searching for". "Your [sic]" always going to be cowering from points made and I'm always going to be having a blast pointing it out. Thank you.

... In other words, epic fail. I get how desperate you are to find a way to insult us, troll, but you really, really suck at it, dumbass.
              Good for entertainment purposes and as a representative of wussy modern cons, but will never be a source of intelligent, honest, mature, honorable debate. S/he could not do that if s/he tried.
              1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
              Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
              Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 pm
              neoplacebo wrote:
              Pattern.
              Vrede too wrote:
              Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:20 am
              Wussy deflection when floundering, typical child-hating misogynist. You fail the definitions of "murder", "babies" and "9 months", dumbass.
              Vrede too wrote:
              Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:04 pm
              Wow, you sure go to extreme lengths in order to cower and deflect from discussion of US war crimes in Afghanistan and the lifelong cowardly Chickenhawk In Chief’s efforts to prevent we Americans from learning the truth about them.
              viewtopic.php?f=3&t=151&p=94511&hilit=war+crimes#p94511

... We get it, you’re too stupid and cowardly to address the points we’ve actually made, so you desperately resort to dishonest, “welcome wagon … white flag would come up and obedience instantaneously [gibberish] … tiptoeing … pacifist,” straw men. Repent of your Commandment-level sinful false witness! ...
              Vrede too wrote:
              Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 pm
              ... Of course, this is all just cowardly deflection from addressing the points made. Why didn't your god give you balls?
              Vrede too wrote:
              Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:40 pm
              Nothing for me to be "searching for". "Your [sic]" always going to be cowering from points made and I'm always going to be having a blast pointing it out. Thank you.

... In other words, epic fail. I get how desperate you are to find a way to insult us, troll, but you really, really suck at it, dumbass.
              Good for entertainment purposes and as a representative of wussy modern cons, but will never be a source of intelligent, honest, mature, honorable debate. S/he could not do that if s/he tried.
              Agreed. I'm done. Gotta run; boat is drifting away

1 CAT FAN
              Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
              1 CAT FAN wrote:
              Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:59 pm
              neoplacebo wrote:
                  What, you want a cookie? You have to admit, you are a little weird. As far as Martin Sheen, I don't know the man personally, I'm just going by the good news that Vrede advocated. In any event, it's good to know that the man is no longer portrayed as someone who took the Lord's name in vain, in some movie, the fashion you do.

1 CAT FAN
                  Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
                  Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 pm
                    Didn't I thank you for sharing the good news of Martin Sheen choosing GOD, and leaving his past behind him. So difficult to please you fellas.

Leo Lyons
                    Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
                    Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:09 pm
                    In any event, it's good to know that the man is no longer portrayed as someone who took the Lord's name in vain, in some movie, the fashion you do.
                    I said good luck. You're up against one mean-spirited bunch of hombres here, Amigo. Along with the guidance of their supreme leader, they can be highly insulting to your faith and or religious beliefs. They've run off several members already with their running rhetoric and ridicule.
                    (I recommend a tattoo of Nancy or Bernie to ward off the evil spirit.)
                    BTW, in regards to your use of "taking the name of the Lord in vain", I found this:

neoplacebo
                    Admiral of the Fleet

Leo Lyons wrote:
                    Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 pm
                    1 CAT FAN wrote:
                    Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:09 pm
                    In any event, it's good to know that the man is no longer portrayed as someone who took the Lord's name in vain, in some movie, the fashion you do.
                    I said good luck. You're up against one mean-spirited bunch of hombres here, Amigo. Along with the guidance of their supreme leader, they can be highly insulting to your faith and or religious beliefs. They've run off several members already with their running rhetoric and ridicule.
                    (I recommend a tattoo of Nancy or Bernie to ward off the evil spirit.)
                    BTW, in regards to your use of "taking the name of the Lord in vain", I found this:

I can only speak for myself, but I hold no animosity toward anyone due to their faith, religious belief, or lack of either. However, I will unleash considerable running ridicule on those who would attempt to hide behind their religion and use it to ridicule others because self righteousness and ignorance and bigotry and hypocrisy have always pissed me off. What is particularly heinous is when the so called faithful pick and choose which part of their religion they will advocate and which parts they will ignore. I will confront anyone who attempts to do this and I need no leader in order to do so. I really don't care if you profess to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or Rotary. But if you try to be a part time or selective disciple I will without fail take issue with it.

Vrede too
                    Superstar Cultmaster

Yep, several of us don't like filthy religious bigotry, 1 FAT CAN is a filthy religious bigot, and Leo Lyons is okay with filthy religious bigotry.
                    1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
                    Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I think everyone should accept the FSM before it's too late.
                    Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

1 CAT FAN
                    Ensign

In the future, I’ll attempt, to be less sensitive and more forgiving. Fair enough, fellas? GOD BLESS

GoCubsGo
                    Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

People always misspell that.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
                    Admiral of the Fleet

Using the lord's name in vain means that you're using it with no expectation of anything happening; it signifies a lack of respect or belief, just like if you drill for water in the desert, you do so in vain...in misguided expectation that you will find water. There's probably some Biblical fable about this very thing. I sometimes go looking, in vain, for hundred dollar bills or other lucky tokens that may be lying out on the ground. I also now and then hope that trump will go at least a week without telling a stupid lie, this endeavor also in vain. So this "in vain" condition is misunderstood but quite common. But there's no goddam way I'm going out in the desert and drill for water.

1 CAT FAN
                    Ensign

neoplacebo wrote:
                    Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:32 pm
                    Using the lord's name in vain means that you're using it with no expectation of anything happening; it signifies a lack of respect or belief, just like if you drill for water in the desert, you do so in vain...in misguided expectation that you will find water. There's probably some Biblical fable about this very thing. I sometimes go looking, in vain, for hundred dollar bills or other lucky tokens that may be lying out on the ground. I also now and then hope that trump will go at least a week without telling a stupid lie, this endeavor also in vain. So this "in vain" condition is misunderstood but quite common. But there's no goddam way I'm going out in the desert and drill for water.
                      Does Mexico & Arizona count?
                        Deep wells are transforming the desert to a land of milk and honey
                          https://www.farmprogress.com/irrigation ... -and-honey
                            We live on a small ranch in rural Arizona, and recently had a well drilled. ... as before the well was drilled, we had to haul water via a 600-gallon tanker trailer to the site. The area is considered part of the Painted Desert.
                              http://digitaladmin.bnpmedia.com/public ... 514617%22}
                                You can't see the water, but it's there. GOD BLESS