They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
blackfoot
Pilot Officer

Re: They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Unread post by blackfoot »

Tertius wrote:

Very interesting. So what were the screen names for Gowdy, Wright, and the party heads?

I would also like to know the ad rate per thousand hits or however it is measured.

If the SHJ board was profitable it is very unlikely they would have pulled the plug. Even if it only covered its variable cost I think they would have kept it going.
They used their real names. The ad rates were based on hits to the forum, it's what kept it going for so long. But, the hits slowed to almost non existent after repeated mis-management and a couple of posters that were responsible for the masses retreating from the SHJ forums. I mean, normal adults do not rush to the elementary playground to listen to the children's arguments, and SHJ was too stupid to realize that. And the numbers dropped over time.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

The numbers dropped drastically when stories no longer had a comment link to the forums. Not only was there a steady supply of new members, there was more discussion of newspaper content.
When the format was changed, it seems like a lot of old members never bothered with the new one.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Our old friend Skin filled up the forum with repetitive posts and this was a turn off to many. In my months on that board we rarely added a new poster.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

I said months before it was shut down there were a few posters whose only goal was to shut the forum down. The sad thing they weren't even from this are but hundreds or thousands of miles away. Many from the BRN forums know who the posters were who every post called others names and ridiculed others endlessly, who were banned so many times you couldn't keep up with their screen names but they always came thru. Once this started who didn't know this was coming.
Oh well!

keyboarder
Red Shirt

Unread post by keyboarder »

Colonel Taylor wrote:I said months before it was shut down there were a few posters whose only goal was to shut the forum down. The sad thing they weren't even from this are but hundreds or thousands of miles away. Many from the BRN forums know who the posters were who every post called others names and ridiculed others endlessly, who were banned so many times you couldn't keep up with their screen names but they always came thru. Once this started who didn't know this was coming.
Oh well!
True enough, Col Taylor

Maybe this forum will be different. BTW, it hasn't been that long since Trey Gowdy posted on the forum. I think maybe his last post was right before he took over his new job. Another subject but I think he's doing a great job thusfar in Congress.

Too, several members of the police force posted at SHJ but they didn't give their real names. Alot of comments were posted during the operations of Rolling Thunder.

mama
Red Shirt

Unread post by mama »

I understand what you are saying about foul language MrB. I skip posts those posts. And skip the poster too. :oops:

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Colonel Taylor wrote:I said months before it was shut down there were a few posters whose only goal was to shut the forum down. The sad thing they weren't even from this are but hundreds or thousands of miles away. Many from the BRN forums know who the posters were who every post called others names and ridiculed others endlessly, who were banned so many times you couldn't keep up with their screen names but they always came thru. Once this started who didn't know this was coming.
Oh well!
You've said a lot of stupid shit. You never could back any of it up. You called names and posted about things like "licking each other's asses." I got banned by IP address on the first of August for quoting you. I couldn't even view the forum for the last two months plus.

Your usual procedure of blaming everyone else and refusing to take any responsibility for your own personal actions is your typical cowardly, dishonest way of handling everything, and it's right out of the Republican playbook.

If you want to blame people, I have a suggestion -- the next time you go into town, buy a frickin' mirror, ya chickenshit.

blackfoot
Pilot Officer

Unread post by blackfoot »

MrB., it's called a limited vocabulary, due to lack of education. Usually these people are not worth responding to, unless you are bored.

Supsalemgr
Major

Agree blackfoot. It is usually our lib friends who digress to foul language as they have empty thoughts and this is their only way of responding. MrB stick with us as we need balance on this board.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

And now that a FEW liberal foul mouths are here it will be ratcheted up some. I hear less crap at most truck stops.

ass
dumbass
stupid-dumbass
stupidity
gonads
Oh, the stupid
dumbass

This from just from 2 or 3 of their post. They do nothing more to follow MM and the DNC without a thought of their own. When that don't work they just start the name calling and cursing. Empty heads is all.
Last edited by Colonel Taylor on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

watch out Mr. B, suppermanager has a funny way of sidin up to people
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Didn't Col. Thorny just post a card with about three fucks in it a few days ago? Curse words are
the vocabulary of your ordinary everyday American, though not of the dainty ivory tower elites who
eschew good old Anglo-Saxonisms for their fancy frog speak.

Supsalemgr
Major

MrB is well aware of my thoughts and values. However, I am sure he will appreciate B.P's advice.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

bp is a dirty word suppermanager, watch your mouth
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Bungalow Bill wrote:Didn't Col. Thorny just post a card with about three fucks in it a few days ago? Curse words are
the vocabulary of your ordinary everyday American, though not of the dainty ivory tower elites who
Gee care to show us these three words I used?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Colonel Taylor wrote:
Bungalow Bill wrote:Didn't Col. Thorny just post a card with about three fucks in it a few days ago? Curse words are
dam boi, you can't read either. no one said anything about three words. I do believe you were accused of using 1 word 3 times

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
dam boi, you can't read either. no one said anything about three words. I do believe you were accused of using 1 word 3 times
Still waiting. Yup you fit right in, nothing to say so start name calling. Make up a few more stories will ya. :roll:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

what you sayin kernel?

I don't know nutin bout your potty mouth; I wus jus pointin out that yer readin an comprehendn ain't so good

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

My bad. It was only one fuck, one shit, and one mother fucker.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

blackfoot wrote:MrB., it's called a limited vocabulary, due to lack of education. Usually these people are not worth responding to, unless you are bored.
Have a higher education and a larger vocabulary than you. Sometimes it's a matter of calling a spade a spade, especially if he's a congenital liar repeating one of his lies.