The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I thought most of you guys take this outrageous stuff I write in the humorous vein it was intended to be. Perhaps I should have pointed out the advantages of a flamethrower instead. At the end of the day, I suppose I'd rather have that half gallon of water than the 4 pounds of Colt. These sort of problems are exactly why I don't hike. I also don't play basketball; too many folks just fall over dead from it....same with jogging. Be careful.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Saw a story tonight on WLOS about a deputy shot a guy who was allegedly trying to "run over him" by forcing the deputy off the one lane gravel road there at the guy's house. The neighbors of the guy said his car has been stuck in a ditch the past two days, and that what the deputy said about the incident is "not true." The guy is in jail and the deputy is out of bullets.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Charge against officer leads to reduced penalty for killer

SIMPSONVILLE, S.C. —A Simpsonville man has avoided a possible murder conviction by pleading guilty to lesser charges in the deaths of his girlfriend and her mother -- the plea deal likely the a result of a criminal case involving an investigating officer.

Michael James Crane, 36, pleaded guilty to two counts of voluntary manslaughter.

Prosecutors say Crane beat his girlfriend, Allison Nicole Cross, 26, and her mother, Jane Lanser, 56, to death in August 2011. (Cross and Lanser pictured below, right)

Simpsonville police officers went to the home the mother and daughter shared on Eastview Drive in the Poinsettia subdivision to check on them at a relative’s request.

Officers went in through a window after getting no response at the door and found the women's bodies wrapped in a bloody comforter in a bedroom. The coroner both women died from multiple blunt force traumas to the head.

The Solicitor's Office says this was a case that now-fired Simpsonville police lieutenant Ralph Bobo worked on. Because Bobo is facing a criminal charge for allegedly tampering with evidence in an older, unrelated case, prosecutors believed that tainted this case.

Bobo would have had to testify if Crane's murder case had gone to trial. The Solicitor's Office said the criminal charge against Bobo would have compromised the murder case.

Prosecutors said that's what forced them to accept a lesser plea for "such a gruesome crime."

Each count of manslaughter carried a sentence of up to 30 years in prison, but the judge sentenced Crane to 30 years total, since he will serve the sentences concurrently.
http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news/gr ... index.html

Jesus Christ, a guy brutally murders two people and avoids a murder charge because of a bad cop.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Shameful for sure, but it was Bobo. He probably thought highly of himself, too. Tragic.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

It's like a mirror. I'd like to see Ralph Steadman's take on him; Ralph was the longtime illustrator for Hunter Thompson's Rolling Stone national affairs desk.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Which one is the cartoon?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Haven't even followed the link, yet. The title put me in mind of a line from Paul; "It's probin' time!"
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Got another one. Cops shot a guy in his own back yard, in his own car. Unarmed. Neighbors thought he looked "suspicious." Just a typical mistake about a white guy. Not!

http://news.msn.com/videos/?ap=True&vid ... 2026f190e8

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Opps! Seven shotgun blasts? Those cops should be on some other kind of leave other than administrative.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:Opps! Seven shotgun blasts? Those cops should be on some other kind of leave other than administrative.

there won't be anything done, afterall, it is pensacola - home to one of the most militant forces anywhere. reckon, the pnj is so embarrassed, they have started sending stories out under community names.

one of my favorites happened a few years ago
distraught man after breakup with wife breaks into a home to steal a car. the woman in the home never believed herself in danger of the pitiful crying excuse of a man and talked with him for over an hour before giving up her car.
man drives to a walmart, get paranoid that the lady turned him in, so he hi-jacks a car - same story, he rides around talking to the car owner, who finally gets out and the man drives off.
a couple of hours later he is spotted and then surrounded by every available leo in the area,
man freaks, puts a gun in his mouth and the leos tell him to put the gun (he has stuck in his mouth) down. he doesn't immediately comply and they open fire with 75 to a hundred rounds - 5 slugs hit 3 local fast food places (full of kids just out of school)

but escambia county's finest - got their man
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, well, that's why I don't go to Florida.....did see a couple of opps! cop stories the last couple of days. One was an Asheville city cop hauling ass down Hendersonville Road without lights or siren on, so a car from Nevada gets slammed in the passenger side, cop car (Ford Crown Victoria) totaled. The other one was either a Buncombe County deputy or another Asheville city cop going the wrong way on I-26 for more than two miles....they must be playing this one down since that initial report is all I ever heard. I think they have stickers above the instrument panel that say "drive at top speed at all times no matter what." I suppose it just proves that speed limits are really only just suggestions. I've always been partial to fire engines; they don't go very fast, and they're loud as hell and usually very clean. ok

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:Yeah, well, that's why I don't go to Florida.....did see a couple of opps! cop stories the last couple of days. One was an Asheville city cop hauling ass down Hendersonville Road without lights or siren on, so a car from Nevada gets slammed in the passenger side, cop car (Ford Crown Victoria) totaled. The other one was either a Buncombe County deputy or another Asheville city cop going the wrong way on I-26 for more than two miles....they must be playing this one down since that initial report is all I ever heard. I think they have stickers above the instrument panel that say "drive at top speed at all times no matter what." I suppose it just proves that speed limits are really only just suggestions. I've always been partial to fire engines; they don't go very fast, and they're loud as hell and usually very clean. ok

and useful
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

esc co high sheriff held his presser today. He said the suspect backing out of his car caused his deputy to "feel threatened", so he opened fire to protect himself and the other deputy not knowing if the suspect was returning fire or not, had no choice but to open fire.
15 shots were fires and one hit the suspect – uh victim
High sheriff said that it was the suspect’s fault for not immediately complying with pig’s wishes, even though the poor dide was doing exactly as asked on his own property

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:... He said the suspect backing out of his car caused his deputy to "feel threatened", so he opened fire to protect himself and the other deputy not knowing if the suspect was returning fire or not, had no choice but to open fire.
Uh oh. Now even the cops are using "stand your ground" language.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:... He said the suspect backing out of his car caused his deputy to "feel threatened", so he opened fire to protect himself and the other deputy not knowing if the suspect was returning fire or not, had no choice but to open fire.
Uh oh. Now even the cops are using "stand your ground" language.
Is this where we look surprised?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote: Is this where we look surprised?
Shocked! Shocked, I say! :o

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Most recently, Mark Kessler, a self-described Oath Keeper and police chief in tiny Gilberton, Penn., formed a paramilitary militia group called the Constitutional Security Force to fight against proposed gun control legislation. Few knew of it until this week, when Kessler posted a profanity-laced video online that got wide attention. “Fuck all you lib-tards out there,” a heavily armed Kessler says in the video. “As a matter of fact, read my shirt,” he says, turning around to show the camera a T-shirt printed with the words, “Liberals take it in the ass.”

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/07/2 ... f+Group%0d

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

billy.pilgrim wrote: “Liberals take it in the ass.”
These conservatives seem to spend a lot of time on that topic. Why is that?
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Ombudsman wrote:
Maybe because so many of them are assholes themselves?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ombudsman wrote:

for some, like homerfobe and fred phelps, it is just wishful thinking