They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

Unread post by Stinger »

JTA wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:Anyone upstate residents here from the old GoUpstate forums?

several
Any info on why the forums were shut down?
Because they're a PIA for any newspaper, and there's not a whole lot of upside. There are hardly any sponsored anonymous forums anymore.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Stinger wrote:
Because they're a PIA for any newspaper, and there's not a whole lot of upside. There are hardly any sponsored anonymous forums anymore.
Yeah, most forums are being replaced by facebook supported systems, which I'm not a particular fan of. There are certainly upsides to not having the anonymity as people are less prone to behave like children, but I still prefer anonymous forums myself. The anonymity allows you to truly hear peoples unadulterated thoughts since they don't have to worry about employers and such keeping tabs on them. It's a double edged sword really; some people simply descend into throwing infantile tantrums, others not so much. I guess that keeps things interesting.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Tertius
Squadron Leader

Unread post by Tertius »

I had to reshape my avatar to keep it from covering my post.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

JTA wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
JTA wrote:Anyone upstate residents here from the old GoUpstate forums?

several
Any info on why the forums were shut down?
According to the gospel of Colonel Taylor, AKA Defective Thorn, the "libs" set out to shut down the forums to stifle the free speech of the wing nuts.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well according to Colonel Taylor K-9 is still they forum follower, we are still waiting for her to have a thought of her own, but we all know that will not happen.
And yes I do still believe there were a group of libs whose only reason to be there was to shut the forum down. So how many different forum names did YOUR leaders have combined? You know the ones you followed like a puppy dog. Probably upward of 20 we're sure. :roll:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

k9nanny wrote: According to the gospel of Colonel Taylor, AKA Defective Thorn, the "libs" set out to shut down the forums to stifle the free speech of the wing nuts.
When you put it that way it sounds crazy! :mrgreen: :lol:

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

I doubt it had anything to do with individual posters. I'm guessing it was mainly an economic
decision, no reason to keep it going if it just didn't add anything to the bottom line. It's just
as well, those two dumbasses who ran the thing shouldn't be in charge of anything more
difficult than a water pistol fight.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Colon Taylor wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well according to Colonel Taylor K-9 is still they forum follower, we are still waiting for her to have a thought of her own, but we all know that will not happen.
And yes I do still believe there were a group of libs whose only reason to be there was to shut the forum down. So how many different forum names did YOUR leaders have combined? You know the ones you followed like a puppy dog. Probably upward of 20 we're sure. :roll:
There's the big, bad, brave forum misogynist in action again. K-9 has posted plenty of thoughts of her own -- it's just that your Neanderthal "men are better than women" belief system prevents you from seeing it.

Of course, everyone else posts thoughts of their own while you just post the latest garbage from wingnut blogs. I don't know what keeps you from seeing that. Your "I is so smart" belief, maybe.

When everyone agrees with the facts, Defective Colon thinks they don't have original thoughts. He has no concept of agreeing with facts.

Original thoughts are defined by Butt Ugly as ignorant shit you just make up in your head. Both Butt Ugly and Defective Colon are the world champs at "original thoughts."

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

'Wow". Classic egocentric.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Stinger wrote:
Colon Taylor wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's the big, bad, brave forum misogynist in action again. K-9 has posted plenty of thoughts of her own -- it's just that your Neanderthal "men are better than women" belief system prevents you from seeing it.

Of course, everyone else posts thoughts of their own while you just post the latest garbage from wingnut blogs. I don't know what keeps you from seeing that. Your "I is so smart" belief, maybe.

When everyone agrees with the facts, Defective Colon thinks they don't have original thoughts. He has no concept of agreeing with facts.

Original thoughts are defined by Butt Ugly as ignorant shit you just make up in your head. Both Butt Ugly and Defective Colon are the world champs at "original thoughts."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you realize what an Ass you sound like when you have nothing what so ever to say, you go off on a name calling tangent like a 5 yr old school girl in a play ground. Wow such anger you have, they have meds for folks like you you know. :lol:

The Piper
Red Shirt

Unread post by The Piper »

Read these threads; it doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out why

"They're Gone....."This board has no forums"

These boards aren't a place for adult discussions or debates......it's a venue for lashing out, cursing, and belittling those who disagree with one's own beliefs, religious convictions, sexual orientation, race, or anything else that comes to mind.

Obviously you can't vent your frustrations at home or at work, so you hide behind your keyboards to lash out at anyone who comments on or posts a subject. Sort of like the CB Rambos of the days of CB radios.

Pathetic. That's what it is. Pathetic.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

You just described so many here on this board. Some are right in this mold EXACTLY.
The Piper wrote:Read these threads; it doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out why

These boards aren't a place for adult discussions or debates......it's a venue for lashing out, cursing, and belittling those who disagree with one's own beliefs, religious convictions, sexual orientation, race, or anything else that comes to mind.

Obviously you can't vent your frustrations at home or at work, so you hide behind your keyboards to lash out at anyone who comments on or posts a subject. Sort of like the CB Rambos of the days of CB radios.

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Good point Piper. So why are you here?

The Piper
Red Shirt

Reality wrote:Good point Piper. So why are you here?
I'm shaking my head in disbelief. Are you enjoying this?

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Didn't say I enjoyed the foul mouth language. I just ask you a question.

I read your thread devoted to the same subject and I agree with your comments but there are some posters on here that do not resort to foul language. The ones that do usually end up bashing each other and get ignored by those that don't.

Some are from the canceled BRN and some came from who knows where. I must admit that I am surprised at the foul mouth language some of our old BRN posters use. To them No Censorship means just that. OWS mentality at the keyboard.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Most of the folks who have joined from outside the BRN forum are from the Spartanburg forum. Both were shut down at the same time.

keyboarder
Red Shirt

Unread post by keyboarder »

Yes siree!!! Here one day and gone the next. Sptbg. forum was, at one time, alot of fun. At times even your arch rivals could enjoy a little banter. Then strangers, a slew of them, came from somewhere in Grnvl. and the mood changed. It's like everyone there had good thoughts and at times bad thoughts and it seemed like everyone tolerated bad moods better before the strangers came. Then the cursing and name calling started. From there, it all went south. We had vendettas and stalking accusations, invitations to somewhere dark and mysterious, drive-bys that never amounted to actual violence-just threats. Threats of lawsuits, not sure of these, and just generally speaking, it was time for a change.

Some of the most hateful people, me included, to ever grace a forum. I'm still trying to shake my moods from all of it. I'm normally a fun loving person and love the good natured banter. Sptbg. had two places to post. One was general topics and the other one was a politics forum. Everybody that had anything to discuss seemed to want to do it on the general topics forum, which i thought was not good. Most folks wanting to discuss politics are no nonsense types and don't want to start bantering on those topics. I think maybe that is what contributed to the demise of the forum.

Anyhoo, that's my .02 cents worth. :)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Word on the street is someone made the mistake of posting a picture of Mohammed.

That's why the forum was shut down.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

The Piper
Red Shirt

keyboarder wrote:......Anyhoo, that's my .02 cents worth. :)
Good honest reply.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

The Piper wrote:Read these threads; it doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out why

Colonel Taylor wrote:You just described so many here on this board. Some are right in this mold EXACTLY.
Oh, the irony.
Se Non Ora, Quando?