Ex President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Ex President* Trump

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Wishful thinking from a soon to be indicted ex president?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:54 am
Wishful thinking from a soon to be indicted ex president?
More like delusional thinking.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Oops, canceled!

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Awwwwww....

Donald J. Trump, the former president of the United States, commutes to New York City from his New Jersey golf club to work out of his office in Trump Tower at least once a week, slipping in and out of Manhattan without attracting much attention.

The place isn’t as he left it. Many of his longtime employees are gone. So are most of the family members who once worked there with him and some of the fixtures of the place, like his former lawyer Michael D. Cohen, who have since turned on him. Mr. Trump works there, mostly alone, with two assistants and a few body men.

His political operation has also dwindled to a ragtag team of former advisers who are still on his payroll, reminiscent of the bare-bones cast of characters that helped lift a political neophyte to his unlikely victory in 2016. Most of them go days or weeks without interacting with Mr. Trump in person.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Really? The Republican "frontrunner "?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

And the cult gushes in awe. Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:52 pm
Really? The Republican "frontrunner"?
We would:

Check him for usage of street drugs and overdose of Rxs;
Assess his blood alcohol and glucose;
Examine him for signs of head trauma;
Consider TIA/CVA;
Rule out a brain bleed;
Consider other major organ dysfunction;
Refer him for dementia assessment.

Then, we might look at his fanboys to see what their problem is.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:52 pm
Really? The Republican "frontrunner "?
The one time he's not full of shit.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:lol: Looks like trump has proven the old adage about "he's so crooked he has to screw his pants on." Whoever screwed him into his pants just didn't give him that one last half a turn.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:28 am
Awwwwww....
Even more pitiful:
Trump is reportedly crashing memorial services, living large 'like Napoleon at Elba'

... "As Comic-Con does for actors past their prime, South Florida offers hardcore Trump fans a way to indulge their nostalgia and fawn over their favorite characters from the extended Trump Universe," Green reports. And Trump himself is constantly "bathed in adulation. When he enters the dining room, people stand and applaud. When he returns from golf, he's met with squeals and selfie requests. When he leaves Mar-a-Lago, he often encounters flag-waving throngs."

Inside Mar-a-Lago, Trump will "show up for anything," Green adds. "In recent weeks, Trump has popped into engagement parties and memorial services. A Mar-a-Lago member who recently attended a club gathering for a deceased friend was surprised when Trump sauntered in to deliver remarks and then hung around, apparently enjoying himself."
:confusion-scratchheadblue: :puke-left:
Some Trump courtiers have moved to the Palm Beach area because they want to — Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto recently bought homes near Mar-a-Lago. Others, like former White House staffers who have been unable to get jobs after the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, "have nowhere else to go," former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg told Bloomberg. "What else are they going to do?"
:violin:
There are also signs the Trump adulation may not extend too far beyond the "Trump Coast," however. The name "Donald" fell 55 places on the Social Security Administration's 2020 list of popular baby names, coming in at a record-low 610th place, below Axton, Dariel, Marvin, and Brycen.
:laughing-rolling: :---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

France Sends the U.S. Another, Smaller Statue of Liberty

The timing is interesting - Liberty from Trump?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

trump will be "reinstated" in the next sixty days. It will happen while a swarm, or even small plague, of cicadas appear on the Bedminster NJ golf course; probably on the ninth sinkhole. No cicadas will touch trump, but the other people present will be virtually covered with them to the extent that their screams of anguish will be drowned out by the incessant noise of the insects. The cult will gush in awe and later be consumed as well.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I came across this quote that headed a chapter in a Hunter Thompson book I was reading today and it immediately reminded me of trump.
"He is a man of splendid abilities, but utterly corrupt. He shines and stinks like rotten mackerel by moonlight." John Randolph 1773-1833
John was an early right wing nutjob, though.....another of his quotes; "I am an aristocrat. I love liberty. I hate equality." He insisted on being called John Randolph of Roanoke and is related to Pocahontas.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Apparently Cheetohead has had to resort to spreading his ad nauseam lies to some guy named Dave Brody on CBN.

I hear he has a huge following of many, many people.

https://thepalmierireport.com/i-have-no ... ave-brody/

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I read somewhere the other day trump is going on a fascist road show with Bill O Reilly soon. Better wear a raincoat and boots if you figure to catch one of these spectacles. Probably safe to watch video of them, though.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:45 pm
I read somewhere the other day trump is going on a fascist road show with Bill O Reilly soon. Better wear a raincoat and boots if you figure to catch one of these spectacles. Probably safe to watch video of them, though.
'Losers Of The World': Trump Roasted Over Bizarre Father's Day Rant

... Trump on Saturday used Father’s Day to try to sell tickets to his upcoming tour with disgraced former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, where plenty of seats remain in most facilities, claiming they make excellent gifts for the holiday.
:lol:
... Trump’s critics on Twitter pounced:
One example:

Ron DeSantis Edges Out Trump for President in Straw Poll of Western Conservative Summit

Name calling and mudslinging coming soon.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:09 pm
I came across this quote that headed a chapter in a Hunter Thompson book I was reading today and it immediately reminded me of trump.
"He is a man of splendid abilities, but utterly corrupt. He shines and stinks like rotten mackerel by moonlight." John Randolph 1773-1833
John was an early right wing nutjob, though.....another of his quotes; "I am an aristocrat. I love liberty. I hate equality." He insisted on being called John Randolph of Roanoke and is related to Pocahontas.
Been reading a Jefferson bio. The name Randolph sounds familiar in that context.

Update: there were so many Randolphs that they had to be known by their place of residence. John Randolph of Tazewell Hall was a cousin of Thomas Jefferson and also a Loyalist. He emigrated to England but he and Thomas remained on good terms.

John Randolph of Roanoke, another Jefferson cousin, was a supporter of American independence. However the Jefferson bio is silent about his attitude towards blacks. It does say that he broke with Jefferson in 1806: "Once an ally, always an eccentric, John Randolph of Roanoke broke with Jefferson in March 1806 [Jefferson was President then]." Apparently Randolph felt Jefferson was too moderate and willing to compromise with the Federalists.

Jefferson's mother apparently was a Randolph as well. Although my eyes started to blur trying to figure out all the heredity etc. Suffice to say there were a lot of Randolphs running around Virginia in those days.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 pm
Hmm. There were herds of them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randolp ... f_Virginia
Very cool, thanks for the link. Although it also is far too long to peruse completely.

I did a search, hoping to find William Randolph Hearst in there (of Rosebud fame), but no dice. But it was his middle name and maybe he was named after a friend of the family with the last name of Randolph.

About halfway through the Jefferson bio. He was an interesting character. Progressive in some ways, regressive in others. He sure could write.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:18 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:09 pm
Been reading a Jefferson bio. The name Randolph sounds familiar in that context.

Update: there were so many Randolphs that they had to be known by their place of residence. John Randolph of Tazewell Hall was a cousin of Thomas Jefferson and also a Loyalist. He emigrated to England but he and Thomas remained on good terms.

John Randolph of Roanoke, another Jefferson cousin, was a supporter of American independence. However the Jefferson bio is silent about his attitude towards blacks. It does say that he broke with Jefferson in 1806: "Once an ally, always an eccentric, John Randolph of Roanoke broke with Jefferson in March 1806 [Jefferson was President then]." Apparently Randolph felt Jefferson was too moderate and willing to compromise with the Federalists.

Jefferson's mother apparently was a Randolph as well. Although my eyes started to blur trying to figure out all the heredity etc. Suffice to say there were a lot of Randolphs running around Virginia in those days.
Yeah, early American aristocracy was pretty much like the European version; they were all tangentially, or in some cases incestually, related. And some of them were generally receptive to the concepts of equality while others rather enjoyed being, and remaining, members of the elite. Other than the inbreeding, it's much the same today.