COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Adam Jenne, 38, of Cape Coral, Florida
A Florida man with roid rage. Terrific.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 am
A Florida man with roid rage. Terrific.
It would not have surprised me, but to be fair he did not rage. He's a calm cretin.

Omicron Threatens Red America

If I ever get an attack dog I will name it Omicron. :twisted:
Tucker Carlson could do it. So could Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin or Donald Trump himself.

One of these conservative figures could go on the air and explain that the omicron variant has placed much of their audience in grave danger. They could remind people that they have been skeptical of vaccines at times — but that omicron is different. It is so contagious that it may quickly sweep the country.

As they issued this warning, they could still take their usual swipes at the political left, mocking panicky liberals for wearing masks outdoors and forcing children to sit apart in cold schoolyards. Conservatives don’t need to do any of that. They just need to take a COVID-19 vaccine — the “Trump vaccine” that could save their life.

I don’t have any illusions about how likely this scenario is, but I do think that unvaccinated Americans — who are disproportionately Republican — are now in even more danger than a few weeks ago. Omicron seems to be qualitatively more contagious than any earlier variant....

‘Needlessly’

In the U.S., partisanship is the biggest factor determining vaccination rates. If Democratic voters made up their own country, it would be one of the world’s most vaccinated, with more than 91% of adults having received at least one shot. Only about 60% of Republican adults have done so.

This vaccination gap has created a huge gap in death rates, one that has grown sharply during the second half of the year.

COVID deaths in both swing counties and heavily Biden counties have not risen over the past two months, even as nationwide case numbers have surged, according to data from Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In heavily vaccinated communities, rising caseloads don’t automatically lead to rising death tolls.

In hundreds of U.S. counties, though, most adults still have not received a COVID vaccine shot.

“Just since this summer, 150,000 unvaccinated Americans have needlessly lost their lives despite the widespread availability of vaccines,” Dr. Peter Hotez of the Baylor College of Medicine, in Houston, said Thursday.

... For the unvaccinated, however, the best medical advice is clear: Get a shot that may save your life. The question is whether unvaccinated Americans will hear that message from the voices they trust.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Brief Convo last night (paraphrased)

Woman: if you get the vaccine, you'll catch covid. I haven't gotten it the vaccine and I also haven't caught covid. But I know people who have gotten the vaccine and caught covid.
Me: I asked my doctor what to do since I didn't study medicine. Where did you study medicine?
Woman: I didn't, I just did my own research. More people are dying from the vaccine than from covid. If people take the boosters next thing you know we're gonna lose our rights.

The last bit is almost word for word what she said.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

That's the kind of shit my sister was telling me recently. Crazy stupid.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Whack9 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Woman: if you get the vaccine, you'll catch covid. I haven't gotten it the vaccine and I also haven't caught covid. But I know people who have gotten the vaccine and caught covid.
Me: I asked my doctor what to do since I didn't study medicine. Where did you study medicine?
Woman: I didn't, I just did my own research. More people are dying from the vaccine than from covid. If people take the boosters next thing you know we're gonna lose our rights.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

And another one bites the dust.
One anti-mask anti-vax covidiot fewer.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-s ... 35056.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:49 pm
And another one bites the dust.
One anti-mask anti-vax covidiot fewer.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-s ... 35056.html
:thumbup: Trumpette, too.

Vaccine Opponent Robert Kennedy Jr.'s Guests Reportedly Told To Get COVID-19 Shots

Guests invited to a holiday party at the home of dedicated coronavirus vaccine opponent Robert Kennedy Jr. received invitations instructing them to get vaccinated or tested for COVID-19 before attending, sources told Politico....
:lol:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:

Where the heck are you hanging out?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Visiting day at the insane asylum?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:

How was the sex?

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Another good'n:

A friend of a friend was bitching that the government will pay for the corona vaccine but won't pay for other things like cancer treatments.

... But the dude is against universal healthcare.

The conclusion he reached was the government shouldn't be paying for the vaccine either.

Something something cut my nose off in spite of my face.

So. Close. Yet so far.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:19 am
Another good'n:

A friend of a friend was bitching that the government will pay for the corona vaccine but won't pay for other things like cancer treatments.

The conclusion he reached was the government shouldn't be paying for the vaccine either.

So. Close. Yet so far.
:roll: Wow.

Bison Tyson?

Trump's supporters booed and jeered when he (and Bill O'Reilly) revealed he got a booster shot and is pro-vaccination

:roll: :lol:
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Polio Vaccine Comment Gets Scorched

CNN: “New CDC data shows that unvaccinated people face a 20-times greater risk of dying from COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people who have also received a booster dose.”

Understand that the GOP is a death cult—and anyone who spreads vaccine disinformation is Death’s accomplice.
Breakthrough cases of polio—including deaths—were common during early polio vaccination.

What kept us safe was not perfect vaccine efficacy. It was that Americans quickly & massively stepped up to get the imperfect vaccine, quashing transmission.

From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 68/?page=8

You clearly don’t understand what the vaccine is currently designed to do. Perhaps you need to focus on your study of Jewish Space Lasers

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:53 am
Whack9 wrote:
Another good'n:

So. Close. Yet so far.

Bison Tyson?

Mike Bison.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Whack9 wrote:
Another good'n:

"wudaboutism" is a sure sign of a seriously deficient mind. Unable to concentrate on the issue at hand without wandering off following red herrings or wild gooses.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:13 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:53 am
Whack9 wrote:
Another good'n:

So. Close. Yet so far.

Bison Tyson?
Mike Bison.
:lol:

You could ask the friend of a friend how much he's donated to healthcare causes in the past year.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Hell, I'd ask him if he likes being healthy. I might also ask if he's ever read any books.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I'm not at all surprised, but it needs to be said.

What a bunch of effing idiots.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Hey, that's a way to arrest covid (wear your mask!)...
Last edited by Ulysses on Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:53 pm

"Melinda is the daughter of hero Police Officer Kenneth Mahon, who was killed in the line of duty in 1974" . . . and is now the unintentional cause of a superspreader event that killed several more.
Eliza Orlins
@elizaorlins

NYC public defender since ‘09. Former candidate for Manhattan District Attorney. Appeared on Survivor & The Amazing Race. She/Her/Hers. 欧美玲. #WarrenDemocrat
Why stop them from abolishing themselves?
:D
And I mean,
CBS New York
@CBSNewYork

The #NYPD said Monday all of its members, regardless of vaccination status, who are able to medically tolerate a face covering, must wear one at all times in shared indoor workspaces. https://cbsloc.al/32nRdlb #COVID19
No one ever said they were smart.
So there, GoCubsGo. ;)

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Oopsie......