The Karen Collection

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The Karen Collection

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

How can you have "May the Schwartz be With You" without Mel Brooks?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:05 pm
How can you have "May the Schwartz be With You" without Mel Brooks?
:D Just preserving the mystery for we fans.
#JewishSpaceLasers: The Musical is in the works, with George Soros to play Brad and Bill Gates to play Janet. The part of Albert Einstein will be played by Mel Brooks.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Well, that's different.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:44 pm
Another day, another Greene nutjob story.

Thanks trump.
Marjorie Taylor Greene suggested Ruth Bader Ginsburg had been replaced by a body double

... According to a conspiracy theory that first appeared on QAnon message boards, Ms Ginsberg had died years earlier but her death was hidden, and in public appearances was replaced by a body double, to hold onto the Supreme Court seat until after Donald Trump was removed from office....

On Friday she said she has raised $1.6m in small campaign donations as a result of the publicity, while seeming to acknowledge the expectations of criticisms over her past comments. She said in a statement she knew they "would come, it was only a question of when".

"Every attack. Every lie. Every smear strengthens my base of support at home and across the country because people know the truth and are fed up with the lies," she said in the statement.

"If Republicans cower to the mob, and let the Democrats and the Fake News media take me out, they're opening the door to come after every single Republican until there's none left."
:crazy: :crybaby:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Lebron ain't taking her shit.

Guess she got her five seconds of fame.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Heh, LeBron would knock her out with a lazy left hand backhand slap. But the stupid would still be in the skull.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Hey O Really,
If a shopkeeper or employee refused entrance to a gaggle of Karens and told them to leave as they are tresspassing, could they at that point forcibly remove them or do they need to wait for the cops. I know they'd probably be buying a bunch of hassle for themselves.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Since O Really is not a criminal lawyer and I'm a longtime criminal . . .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Hey O Really,
If a shopkeeper or employee refused entrance to a gaggle of Karens and told them to leave as they are trespassing, could they at that point forcibly remove them

Yes, within reason.

or do they need to wait for the cops.

That's probably wisest.

I know they'd probably be buying a bunch of hassle for themselves.

Hero's parades, too. One of us posted a video of an employee literally dragging a Karen out of a store a few months back - no charges.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:55 pm
Since O Really is not a criminal lawyer and I'm a longtime criminal . . .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Hey O Really,
If a shopkeeper or employee refused entrance to a gaggle of Karens and told them to leave as they are trespassing, could they at that point forcibly remove them

Yes, within reason.

or do they need to wait for the cops.

That's probably wisest.

I know they'd probably be buying a bunch of hassle for themselves.

Hero's parades, too. One of us posted a video of an employee literally dragging a Karen out of a store a few months back - no charges.
That's pretty much what I thought. Surprised we don't see more of them dragged out kicking and screaming.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:07 pm
That's pretty much what I thought. Surprised we don't see more of them dragged out kicking and screaming.
They're fucking crazy and stupid, and few retail employees earn enough to risk it.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:07 pm
They're fucking crazy and stupid, and few retail employees earn enough to risk it.
Not to mention whatever civil litigation there might be.

Thank God I'm not in retail, I'd have zero tolerance for this shit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm
Not to mention whatever civil litigation there might be.

Thank God I'm not in retail, I'd have zero tolerance for this shit.
I THINK trespassing law is clear and the COVIDiots would lose any suits, but you're correct that the hassle wouldn't be worth it for most. Then, there are employer policies. I would have been fired for using force on anyone that wasn't an immediate danger to the themselves, me or others. I called security or the cops.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The best thing to do is to call the cops, refuse to serve them, and get other customers and staff away from them. I'd probably video them, too.

The laws on trespassing may be clear, but "reasonable force" not so much. I'd say a hand on the intruder's back to gently guide them to the door would be OK. I'd say beating them with a baseball bat would not. Somewhere between those ends lies a lot of things to argue over.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'Park Ranger Karen' tells Asian-American family they can't be in her country breaking laws

Not really a park ranger, just a lying, stupid, dog-hating, racist American Karen.

Has anyone else been fearing that with all of these Karen/Trumpette/right-winger vids you're going to see someone that you know? :wtf:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Karen Support Group

"Caring, not Karen." :lol:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Lady O is not named Karen, but took offence to people coopting the name to refer to some awful ranting person. I reminded her that it's because the original person attracting that attention really was named Karen, but she thought the regular real non-ranting Karens of the world are being abused.
May be. But is it worse than any other generic name usage to describe people? Like "Chatty Kathy", "Average Joe", "Barbie"... etc. Maybe it's worse because the connotation is so negative, but really, I can't think of a generic use name off the top of my head that isn't more negative than positive in use.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 am
Lady O is not named Karen, but took offence to people coopting the name to refer to some awful ranting person. I reminded her that it's because the original person attracting that attention really was named Karen, but she thought the regular real non-ranting Karens of the world are being abused.
May be. But is it worse than any other generic name usage to describe people? Like "Chatty Kathy", "Average Joe", "Barbie"... etc. Maybe it's worse because the connotation is so negative, but really, I can't think of a generic use name off the top of my head that isn't more negative than positive in use.
Dora the Explorer?

It is mildly sexist and racist, but it's really just shorthand for people we all already know. Irl Karens can hopefully laugh it off as well as benefit from being non-stereotypical.

I take it that you did not tell Lady O to stop being such a Karen about it. ;)
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am

:lol:
No, I did not. But she does have a very credible Karen act when she thinks it's necessary. It's especially helpful if you drive into an RV park at the end of a long travel day and you've reserved a pull-through space so you don't have to unhitch the toad and they try to stick you in a too-tight back-in space beside the overflowing dumpster and next to a truckload of Joads. Sic 'em, Karen.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:45 am
Well, that's different.

I didn't need to see that.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am

:lol:
No, I did not. But she does have a very credible Karen act when she thinks it's necessary. It's especially helpful if you drive into an RV park at the end of a long travel day and you've reserved a pull-through space so you don't have to unhitch the toad and they try to stick you in a too-tight back-in space beside the overflowing dumpster and next to a truckload of Joads. Sic 'em, Karen.
I don't see assertiveness in the face of real abuses and grievances as being a Karen. Otherwise, one is a Nancy.
1312. ETTD.