The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

1st federal inmate to die of coronavirus wrote heartbreaking letter to judge

... The man, Patrick Jones, had been locked up for nearly 13 years on a nonviolent drug charge....

He was ultimately ordered to spend 27 years behind bars ...
:(
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about steps being taken to help prevent the spread of the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) in immigration detention centers. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, COVID-19 has brought substantial uncertainty to all Americans. I understand your concerns about the conditions of detained immigrants at immigration detention centers, particularly in light of COVID-19. The health, welfare, and safety of detained immigrants is one of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) highest priorities. ICE has incorporated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) which builds upon the agency’s existing infectious disease monitoring and management protocols.

To prevent the spread of COVID-19, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) has encouraged facilities to isolate new detainees for 14 days. ICE has also temporarily suspended social visitation and has adopted available social distancing practices in detention facilities. Detainees are screened for COVID-19 risk according to CDC guidelines. Those with symptoms are isolated in a single medical housing room, while those who are asymptomatic but who meet epidemiologic risk are housed separately from the general population and monitored for 14 days. Those with moderate to severe symptoms, or those who require higher levels of care or monitoring, are transported to hospitals for expert care.

ERO convened a working group to identify enhanced steps to minimize the spread of COVID-19. The agency is evaluating its detained population based on CDC guidance for those who are at a higher risk for severe illness. ICE identified 160 individuals for release and is applying the same detention evaluation methodology to other potentially vulnerable populations already in custody and for new arrests. ERO also decided to reduce the population of all detention facilities to 75 percent or less to increase social distancing.

As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and its Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration, I serve on the committee with jurisdiction over these issues. I will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 in immigration detention centers. Please know that, if this issue comes before the Judiciary Committee or the full Senate, I will keep your views in mind....

Sincerely,
Thom Tillis (R-NC)
U.S. Senator
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

What the actual Fu**?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Fucking cops
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:50 pm
Fucking cops
4 Minneapolis police officers fired after video shows officer kneeling on black man, who later died

That was fast! Less than a day. I have not watched the video yet, but it sounds awful.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wow, I sure was clueless about what would follow.

6 Atlanta officers charged after students pulled from car

:---P
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:16 pm
Wow, I sure was clueless about what would follow.

6 Atlanta officers charged after students pulled from car

:---P
Why?

They're cops, it's what they're trained to do.

No doubt that this crap started as white cops against blacks, but it has evolved, especially in the last 20 years to include most cops of any color believing that their own rights are above the citizenry, black, white and brown.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:40 pm
What the actual Fu**?

I can't find that anything is being done.

https://amp.newser.com/story/290262/cop ... r-old.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:53 pm
Why?

No doubt that this crap started as white cops against blacks, but it has evolved, especially in the last 20 years to include most cops of any color believing that their own rights are above the citizenry, black, white and brown.
Policing remains structurally racist, even in integrated PDs. Maybe we need another 150 years, sigh.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:05 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:53 pm
Why?

Policing remains structurally racist, even in integrated PDs. Maybe we need another 150 years, sigh.
it's about anyone deemed to be "less". Try being even a little sarcastic to a cop.

You can be sarcastic to your waiter, your teacher, your employer, your employees, a store clerk, take a pick - and the worst you might possibly get is a bad attitude in return

Try it with a fucking cop, jail, broken arm, stacked charges of resisting

Sure, blacks get it worse than whites, but it's not so much about racism as it is about an attitude of superiority

And we won't be able to fix it unless we address the problem at its foundation

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm
it's about anyone deemed to be "less". Try being even a little sarcastic to a cop.

You can be sarcastic to your waiter, your teacher, your employer, your employees, a store clerk, take a pick - and the worst you might possibly get is a bad attitude in return

Try it with a fucking cop, jail, broken arm, stacked charges of resisting ...
Yeah, but was it worth it? ;)

In aftermath of George Floyd's death, San Diego police will 'immediately' end use of carotid restraint

Whew, radical Lady O will be a little bit safer now.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

In aftermath of George Floyd's death, San Diego police will 'immediately' end use of carotid restraint

Followed onto a country road, pulled over in the middle of nowhere for no reason, had all my belongings thrown in a water filled ditch, the pocket knife that my grandfather gave me on my 12th birthday was thrown into the woods and my wife and I made to lie on the wet ground.

And all I did was inform them of something that they would have known - that 1953 trucks were manufactured with one tail-light and that this single tail-light was legal as its use was grandfathered

Race plays a huge part, but our cop problem comes from their feeling superior and knowing that they will get away with almost anything.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:46 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Followed onto a country road, pulled over in the middle of nowhere for no reason, had all my belongings thrown in a water filled ditch, the pocket knife that my grandfather gave me on my 12th birthday was thrown into the woods and my wife and I made to lie on the wet ground.

And all I did was inform them of something that they would have known - that 1953 trucks were manufactured with one tail-light and that this single tail-light was legal as its use was grandfathered

Race plays a huge part, but our cop problem comes from their feeling superior and knowing that they will get away with almost anything.
Here's one

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lap ... 43866.html

"I am white. I am 63 years old. I have lived in Hancock Park for 30 years. I have been blessed with good jobs in the entertainment industry. I coached Little League baseball and ref’d AYSO soccer. On Saturday afternoon, at 2:40 p.m., not far from my house, I was beaten and handcuffed, held for seven hours without charges and treated with the same contempt, indifference and cruelty so many less fortunate Angelenos experience. I saw young women my daughters’ age hit with clubs, well-dressed men shot with rubber bullets at point-blank range, people pushed back with cross checks against their chests. When I set out with my family to support anti-racism and reform in police departments, I was a police supporter, but the LAPD and Sheriff’s Department have lost my support."

Or this - this one proven - from PolitiFact

Dear PolitiFact reader,

First, I hope you are well. So much information is coming out of protests across the country — and the reactions from police, our president and pundits —  that it is sometimes difficult for even us, as fact-checkers, to discern what’s true, what’s not and what’s unclear.

Not everything you see — not videos, not stories, not images — are what they appear to be. Please, take caution with what you share.

Here’s one example.

"Our reporter Daniel Funke spotted a number of posts online saying that antifa, a broad, loosely affiliated coalition of left-wing, anti-fascist activists, was “moving out of the cities — and into residential areas to 'take what's ours.'”

We identified at least 100 people who have shared the message that first appeared on Twitter, and we know the post has been viewed at least 100,000 times … and likely much more. Donald Trump Jr. even shared it on Instagram.

The claim is not true. The attacks were supposed to have happened May 31, and they did not.

But we now know who was behind the post. 

Shortly after our fact-check posted, Twitter said the post came not from antifa, but from people tied to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa.

It’s one form of deception that was identified. How many others aren’t?"

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Another thing you don't want to do is ask a cop if he wants to buy some heroin. They don't think this is funny.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am
... "Our reporter Daniel Funke spotted a number of posts online saying that antifa, a broad, loosely affiliated coalition of left-wing, anti-fascist activists, was “moving out of the cities — and into residential areas to 'take what's ours.'”

We identified at least 100 people who have shared the message that first appeared on Twitter, and we know the post has been viewed at least 100,000 times … and likely much more. Donald Trump Jr. even shared it on Instagram.

The claim is not true. The attacks were supposed to have happened May 31, and they did not.

Shortly after our fact-check posted, Twitter said the post came not from antifa, but from people tied to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa.

Great minds . . .
Same thing and more:
Facebook shuts down far-right group planning to bring weapons to protests

... The company said it had observed people associated with the group American Guard discussing such action.

The group says it is about American constitutional nationalism, but the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) says American Guard "has a background with connections to anti-immigrant extremism, hatred, and violence. Indeed, before the American Guard was the American Guard, it was actually the Indiana chapter of a group called the Soldiers of Odin USA, a branch of an extreme anti-immigrant and anti-refugee group that originated in Finland in 2015 and has spread to many other countries."

Facebook said it had also taken down accounts linked to the far-right group Proud Boys, though it said it had not seen posts from that group discussing weaponry.

The company said it had been planning on taking action against both groups, but had expedited the process when they saw how the groups were discussing the protests....

On Monday, Twitter said a fake Antifa account calling for violence was run by white supremacists. The company removed the account.

The fake account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted Sunday, "ALERT Tonight's the night, Comrades Tonight we say "F**k The City" and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours #BlacklivesMaters #F**kAmerica."

The account caught the attention of President Donald Trump's son Donald Trump Jr.

"Absolutely insane," Trump Jr. wrote on Instagram, sharing a screenshot of the tweet, "Just remember what ANTIFA really is. A Terrorist Organization! They're not even pretending anymore."

A spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. did not provide comment to CNN Tuesday morning, but later the post was removed from Trump Jr.'s Instagram feed. There is no indication whatsoever that Trump Jr. knew who was behind the account or that it was fake....
If anyone should know about fake news on Twitter, it's a member of the PINO Klan. Junior will never have the balls to admit that he was duped, it's a genetic thing.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:34 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 am
... "Our reporter Daniel Funke spotted a number of posts online saying that antifa, a broad, loosely affiliated coalition of left-wing, anti-fascist activists, was “moving out of the cities — and into residential areas to 'take what's ours.'”

Great minds . . .
Same thing and more:
Facebook shuts down far-right group planning to bring weapons to protests

... The company said it had observed people associated with the group American Guard discussing such action.

The group says it is about American constitutional nationalism, but the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) says American Guard "has a background with connections to anti-immigrant extremism, hatred, and violence. Indeed, before the American Guard was the American Guard, it was actually the Indiana chapter of a group called the Soldiers of Odin USA, a branch of an extreme anti-immigrant and anti-refugee group that originated in Finland in 2015 and has spread to many other countries."

Facebook said it had also taken down accounts linked to the far-right group Proud Boys, though it said it had not seen posts from that group discussing weaponry.

The company said it had been planning on taking action against both groups, but had expedited the process when they saw how the groups were discussing the protests....

On Monday, Twitter said a fake Antifa account calling for violence was run by white supremacists. The company removed the account.

The fake account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted Sunday, "ALERT Tonight's the night, Comrades Tonight we say "F**k The City" and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours #BlacklivesMaters #F**kAmerica."

The account caught the attention of President Donald Trump's son Donald Trump Jr.

"Absolutely insane," Trump Jr. wrote on Instagram, sharing a screenshot of the tweet, "Just remember what ANTIFA really is. A Terrorist Organization! They're not even pretending anymore."

A spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. did not provide comment to CNN Tuesday morning, but later the post was removed from Trump Jr.'s Instagram feed. There is no indication whatsoever that Trump Jr. knew who was behind the account or that it was fake....
If anyone should know about fake news on Twitter, it's a member of the PINO Klan. Junior will never have the balls to admit that he was duped, it's a genetic thing.
Do you really think that he was "duped".

I think that I know exactly where this ceap is coming from and more importantly - why

Junior knows why and he's loving it

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:50 am

I think that I know exactly where this ceap is coming from and more importantly - why

Is Junior more stupid or more evil? That's a tough one . . .
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:10 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:50 am

Is Junior more stupid or more evil? That's a tough one . . .
Through experience, he's able to recognize fake news whenever he gets the memo beforehand.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not sure exactly when this happened, but this week is a reasonable assumption.

Grand Rapids PD shooting a nonviolent individual point blank in the face with a tear gas canister. Just serving and protecting I'm sure.

Bastards.

Edit, found an article:

George Floyd protests: Police fire tear gas canister at unarmed man after macing him
An investigation has been opened into the incident, just one of many examples of police violence over the last week

"internal investigation"?! :bs: It should be a criminal investigation by the state or feds.
1312. ETTD.